British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Plymouth V Rye House Frid April 5th

Useless and overrated Proctor may be, but he should be scoring more than that at PL level considering his EL average. Makes you wonder about him and Wells, both should be much better in this league.

Take the top 2 out of most EL teams and they are PL standard riders.

Oh dear...

I thought Id arrived at the SBA to watch Plymouth v Rye House.

However,a quick look at the track told me it was the other way round. Just like Rye, the track was smooth,rock hard, slick and dry.No apparent moisture in the dirt to create outside lines.

So it proved from Ht1,where the Rockets took control and didn't remotely look like losing it.

Devils:

Proctor: Until Ht13,barely got above parade speed. Then fell! Very poor.3/10

Schramm: Needs some superglue to stay upright, but competitive when he did.6/10

Lemon: Started like he never ridden a bike, but got there in the end.7/10

Gathercole: Normal inconsistent self. Extremely lucky not to be disqualified after nudging Allen off. 5/10

Kling: Started ok but then went walkabouts. Poor. 5/10

Kurtz: The only real shining light in a very poor team effort. Excellent effort.9/10

Reade: Slightly disappointing, but always thereabouts. 5/10

Rockets:

Allen: Barely noticed him, as he gated and was gone, except when Gathercole bundled him off. 9/10

Mellgren: Superb meeting, apart from bringing down Lemon in Ht15.9/10

Garrity: Solid middle order rider who did an effective job.7/10

Nelson: Should have been pulled up long before he got disqualified in Ht9 for moving at the start. Good value all the same.7/10

Lykke: Every team needs a reserve like him! Excellent. How do you pronounce his surname? We had Likey, Lika, Luka last night!8/10

Morley: Tried hard and hope the shed chain didn't do too much damage.4/10

The stadium improvements are excellent, the place looks and feels like a proper sporting arena.AT LAST!

Triggers pre season comments about the team 'going unbeaten at home all season' already in tatters

Shame about that awful meeting presenter. He hasn't got a clue when interviewing. Too many pregnant pauses. Shouts too much too.

Plenty of room for improvement, but any more performances like that will see the fans drifting away.

Edited by Opinionated
  • Like 1

Mellgren is superb... is he still under Rickardssons wing?

Wont be long before he is EL bound for sure, and he will do well there with his gating although these days he can pass as well. Will be Ryes number one this year without fail and in the top 5 PL aves.

Mellgren is one of the riders I miss most at Newport. Great to see him progressing so well.

• Like 1

You have all got to have some faith people!

The riders are trying, you can see Cory, Ricky, Chris and Ty were really disappointed with themselves last night. The track is inconsistent at the moment, last week it was deep and this week it looked hard and slick. As a result there is no home advantage and no consistency for our lads to build on. I know its the same for both teams but when you come to an away track, your mindset is set up to see what you get when you arrive but at home you should have a consistent track and therefore an intimate knowledge of the track lines to pass or defend position. Our boys don't have that at the minute but they will do.

Ty cant buy a start in the Premier or the Elite at the moment but was trying so hard, i'm amazed some of you couldn't see that. If he wasn't trying what was he attempting to do when he took a nasty fall? He could have just sat in the place he was but he didn't. He was attempting to get past another rider!

I have every confidence in the team and they will get better and better as the meetings go by. They have not got into a rhythm yet but when they do they will be a solid team home and away. The boys travel huge distances to ride their bikes and win races and the more points, the bigger the pay check!

Keep the faith people and keep coming to support our team!

• Like 1

I think the issue with Proctor is that many people including myself are comparing him to Barker which I realise is a big no no! Their riding styles are completely different with proctor riding as though he's horizontal compared to barkers never say die attitude!! It's not only that but I suppose coming in on a 9.22 ave the paying public are entitled to a little more than the 2pt showing last night! Im not fickle but we all look at the present and ar the moment only Todd, Cory and Schramm are worth the entrance fee! I will give the benefit of the doubt at the moment but patience can run thin with the Plymouth public! I did even someone ask for Barker to come back already and that just isn't right to say at this early stage! I just hope the new riders get dialled in sooner rather than later or else it will be a sense of de ja vu! Many people left feeling like that last night and it was a case of us coming not 2nd from top but bottom but we all are a fickle bunch!

Is Proctor the new Gjedde - now that's the question?

In all seriousness how a rider can beat a GP rider one night and then lose to visiting PL reserves on another is beyond me but hey that's speedway.

I'm not questioning Ty's commitment to the cause, it's clear the lad wants to do well, however he didn't just miss the start's he got off the start line about 2 seconds later than everyone else which in speedway we all know is a long old time!

Credit where it's due, Rye turned up to ride the track and got their set up's right. Plymouth turned up hoping to ride the track they thought they knew but were instead faced with something literally prepared like Hoddesdon is most weeks.

For me...

Ty - Looking like a poor reserve at the moment and it's not just his gating, he doesn't look remotely fast but that said the lad deserves a chance to put it right - we're only two meetings in after all.

Schrammy - Love his attitude, love his commitment - He needs to stay on the bike more often but I can see why fans take him to their hearts.

Lemo - Not looking very fast but seemed to get going late on last night - More to come I'm sure.

Cory - Brilliant last week, not so good this. If you prepare a slick track you won't see the best of him.

Ricky - Not convinced - The Devils management think he's a steal on 6.6, I think he'll do well to maintain that on his first couple of displays but still needs more time. Seems to be half the rider when he misses the gate!

Todd - Our best rider so far this season, looking class!

Ben - Trying hard and needs time - I hope the promotion stick with him but if the top end continues to faulter he'll come under more and more scrutiny!

• Like 1

Is Proctor the new Gjedde - now that's the question?

No way... Gjedde is class :D

On a serious note... Proctor is either taking the urine out of Plymouth or the gulf between the EL/PL really isn't as extreme as what people think.

Proctors an all out racer though and cant imagine him giving it any less than 100%, so a weird one.

No way... Gjedde is class :D

On a serious note... Proctor is either taking the urine out of Plymouth or the gulf between the EL/PL really isn't as extreme as what people think.

Proctors an all out racer though and cant imagine him giving it any less than 100%, so a weird one.

Lets give the lad half a dozen meetings, then if nothing changes i would have to agree, you can't judge a rider after only two meeting at home for Plymouth, he did show in the Somerset meeting at Plymouth what he can do, but in my opinion your number one rider should be your best rider, but in the three meetings the team has had he hasn't been that, that will have to change if the team wants to do well, but i would think the team manager will know that, but lets give all the riders a chance to get some track time in before we say changes have to be made, i for one am happy with the team that has been put together.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1