British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lionking

Edinburgh Start Line

Has the start line been moved to the other straight when i went last year i could swear they started opposite the main stand ??

Has the start line been moved to the other straight when i went last year i could swear they started opposite the main stand ??

Yes start line has been moved to in front of the stand.

Is there any reason for it ?

Did it make it any better last friday ?

I assume they have moved the referee's box aswell

There is another Edinburgh thread that states all the changes.

The starting gate being one of them.

Suffice to say the gate move was a great success, brings the fans closer to the start/end of race action and improves the atmosphere as well.

I could but wrong but isn't this the way it used to be when Edinburgh first moved to Armadale in the late 90s?

I could but wrong but isn't this the way it used to be when Edinburgh first moved to Armadale in the late 90s?

Yes it was.

all they need to do now is ,, change the bends and it will be a nice wee race track..lol/

all they need to do now is ,, change the bends and it will be a nice wee race track..lol/

Plans are afoot to make the bends right handed for next year ;)

• Like 1

Big improvement but would be even better with the removal of the timber sheet fixed to the gate between the greyhound and speedway tracks. Or moving the gate. Then the view of the starts/finishes would be far better for spectators in the far end of the stand.

what.. all of them.. they could save time and money by putting the foot rest on the otherside of the bikes and running clockwise. oops. would they need another steel shoe for the right boot or are the the steel shoes universal..would the 2 min time allowance count UP instead of down. would the meeting start at 10pm and Finnish at 7..

can honestly say i have never been to armadale,(been outside, )but never in. my loss im afraid..

what.. all of them.. they could save time and money by putting the foot rest on the otherside of the bikes and running clockwise. oops. would they need another steel shoe for the right boot or are the the steel shoes universal..would the 2 min time allowance count UP instead of down. would the meeting start at 10pm and Finnish at 7..

can honestly say i have never been to armadale,(been outside, )but never in. my loss im afraid..

You have only been on the good side of the stadium then :wink:

I was cynical about the move when I read about it at first, however I have to admit it improved the viewing and racing experience greatly.