British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye V Plymouth Sat 9th June

A win against Plymouth on the cards as they will be understrength but never haver have i been so disgusted in an away performance, well not for a long time anyway.

With Josh Bates in for Bech and doubts over Mark Lemon's fitness, we should win this. I wouldn't put any money on it though.

Going tonight and bringing my mother-in-law to her first ever Speedway meeting - she invited herself. If its a bad one at least there will be a small silver lining in that it will put her off coming again :D .

Only my 3rd meeting this year due to weddings and holidays, will miss Sheffield next week too, so hope its a good one tonight and the boys have sorted out their mojos.

Going tonight and bringing my mother-in-law to her first ever Speedway meeting

Blimey! You must really hate her!

LOL thats the plan :t:

How about in 2012 when first PL match was ridden with R/R for Jordan Frampton, Guest for Chris Neath and either guest or late signing for Nelson (Can't remember which) ??? Not the best of starts to a season.

You don't have to remind us it was not the best of start, Chris is still suffering the cosequences but I am sure he would give any thing to be on track with the boys.

Edited by elnno

You don't have to remind us it was not the best of start, Chris is still suffering the cosequences but I am sure he would give any thing to be on track with the boys.

Neathy is sorely missed Noel, especially on nights like this.

Another shocker tonight. Three 1-5's at the end was hard to take when it looked like we were cruising ten points up. Ok, losing Olly was a huge blow, but we should've been out of sight with at least one decent reserve. Once again it cost us.

Bitterly cold and dragged on way too long. Mellgren had one bad ride when it mattered, Lambert had several. Mear looks ordinary, disinterested. Nelson still looking like he's over trying. Something's not right there. Putting him at 4 has been a disaster. He can't ride with Anders, that's plain to see.

Problems on the second bend with too many riders having trouble with the exit.

Problematical times for Rye House speedway. Looks like the GP and a kebab for us next Saturday. I can't take much more of this.

Edited by Shadders

Sounds like a shocker, have to admit I just couldn't get the enthusiasm to go and see the same opposition again, stayed in and watched the Pairs from Poland. You get the feeling, though, that heads will continue to be buried in the sand with Len continuing to back a lame horse team. The price is being paid of not replacing Bunyan and Lambert when they were injured, and having to rush them back before they looked ready (I expect the same with Garrity). The saddening part is that there was a real chance to have a competitive team if Garrity had have been at reserve from the start.

Also the meetings dragging out is a good point and is becoming an unwelcome habit.

Edited by JC!

Shadders,can`t quote your post directly,but I know what I`d rather be doing on a Saturday night...watching my team in live action,sadly,that`s an option I don`t have anymore....on the plus side,I`m going on more foreign holidays... :lol:

My goodness! When you lose at home to that Plymouth side there's no hope.

Shadders,can`t quote your post directly,but I know what I`d rather be doing on a Saturday night...watching my team in live action,sadly,that`s an option I don`t have anymore....on the plus side,I`m going on more foreign holidays... :lol:

Aye, visiting Berwick in August.

Glad I stayed away tonight. Not going back til Garrity returns. Not spending my money on an ego going through the motions.

As I've said on another thread, when Garrity is fit get him back in with Roynon and show Mear and Lambert the door. Harsh on Lambert as he's been injured but can't be sentimental. Roynon gives his all when he races and it would put Garrity at reserve most importantly.

• Like 2

Shame about the track - bumpy, dusty and one line - Tyson and Kasper found it hard to overtake. Can someone tell me why Tyson Nelson couldn't ride in the nominated heat with Anders? - The announcer said that there was only Anders and the Mearcat available!