British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Sgp/bsi And Sec/one Sport It Is War Now

An interview with Ole Olsen in Sportowefakty today with questions concerning the rivalry between the two competitions.

He states he does not watch the SEC and that the SGP has more viewers some 12,000,000

http://www.sportowef...ktorem-cyklu-/1

"But fans in Europe and around the world - thanks to Eurosport broadcasts - they want to watch the SEC. The transmission range of Togliatti was almost six million viewers. You must admit that for the development of the slag is great news?

- Of course. We are very happy with it, that by broadcasting the slag reaches the countries where it was not yet known. You mentioned the transmission range of the SEC order 6,000,000. Grand Prix looking at 12 million viewers and abbreviations event reached over a hundred countries. Those are impressive numbers."

Edited by manchesterpaul

You mentioned the transmission range of the SEC order 6,000,000. Grand Prix looking at 12 million viewers and abbreviations event reached over a hundred countries. Those are impressive numbers."

But both are on Eurosport, so why would one competition get twice the viewers of the others?

I take the claimed viewing figures with a pinch of salt anyway. The number of countries is probably those that fall within the satellite footprints, and I suspect lots of extrapolation of the figures goes on.

But both are on Eurosport, so why would one competition get twice the viewers of the others?

I take the claimed viewing figures with a pinch of salt anyway. The number of countries is probably those that fall within the satellite footprints, and I suspect lots of extrapolation of the figures goes on.

SGP is not on my Eurosport, SEC is. I think I watch the Nordic version.

SGP is not on my Eurosport, SEC is. I think I watch the Nordic version.

you are correct although Eurosport Nordic is a local version of Eurosport International.

British Eurosport is different from ES intl as they have their own rights and feed.

In the Nordic countries, except Iceland, Viasat Sport have the rights for SGP.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Wasn't it just the simple case that the interviewer referred to Eurosport figures for SEC in Europe... 6M

And Olsen was quoting a worldwide figure for SGP including figures for other broadcasters in addition to Eurosport... 12M

Wasn't it just the simple case that the interviewer referred to Eurosport figures for SEC in Europe... 6M

And Olsen was quoting a worldwide figure for SGP including figures for other broadcasters in addition to Eurosport... 12M

Yeah that crossed my mind too. Statistics, damned lies and statistics etc lol.

FFS, speedway is speedway. Is there anything different about the SEC Championship and the GPs that would make someone choose to watch one over the other? Its why I don't see the point of the SEC, it's not doing anything different.

FFS, speedway is speedway. Is there anything different about the SEC Championship and the GPs that would make someone choose to watch one over the other? Its why I don't see the point of the SEC, it's not doing anything different.

Same heat format (apart from we have one semi instead of two), "every point counts" (i.e. same as GP), lots of the same riders. The only big difference is in prestige - the World Championsip has plenty of history, whereas the SEC has none.

I agree I find it pointless - why have a second Grand Prix competition? Why not do something different? Such as a PROPER World Cup (i.e. two teams in each meeting).

The SEC is just pointless. Who cares who is European Champion?

All the best

Rob

Its why I don't see the point of the SEC, it's not doing anything different.

Two minor things; although I don't necessarily side with either party.

Firstly a qualification system during the season the Championship takes place. Second, the SEC do appear less reliant on red tape (or sums of money) to give the likes of Russia a meeting.

The SEC is just pointless. Who cares who is European Champion?

It is of course pointless, but this initiative seems to be more about politics and commercial rights.

Who cares who is European Champion?

I guess Dryml did last year :)

Niamh

Niamh

Niamh

Niamh