British Speedway Forum

Surely it was obvious morten was always going to be in the team, aljack told us this ages ago. As for why not all 7 improving their average, they might, but I think one will stay about the same, which isn't getting worse, so that's got to be good surely. Will be interesting to see how many of our riders averages do improve.

Don't think there will be many better reserve partnerships than Ellis and Hawkins. Both should comfortably up their averages.

If the line up is the same as last year bar Worrall for Barker, and Manzares for Lanham, then I'm more than happy with that.

• Like 1

its a good team, but I would definitely have had Leigh in there for his experience and away tracks, and knowledge. Not a lot of experience between 5 of those, but all 5 could have very big futures.

• Like 2

Risager has been around forever, and has tons of experience. I assume he will now be captain?

Tungate and Heeps were always going to be in, so it looks like it was a choice between Lanham and Risager for a team place.

Both seem to score very similar, both inconsistent and both similar averages.

But you very rarely see Leigh have bad meetings on away tracks, and you need to score plenty of away points to be serious contenders. Now i am not saying this year's team are not contenders, but I would just prefer Leigh. Leigh tends to score 5 6 7 or 8, morten tends to score more of 10 3 8 3 11 3 .

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

Risager is having a final beer in the last chance saloon?

He must be pi$$ed by now!
  • Like 1

So who do we get a reduction for as this team adds up to 42.54 ?

Well according to the final greensheet averages for 2013 and Gino being on 5.00 it does ?

Edited by Super Blue

Worrall is in his third "reduced" year of a three year span.

Thrilled that Manzares is a club assett and with the line up we should have good reserves all year - it'll start will Hawkins and Ellis but both of those could get into the main team and Risager or Manzares could swap places with either / both of them - strong reserves are so vital and are generally the key to winning meetings and that is something we will have all season.

Couple that with a strong top end of Worrall, Tungate and Heeps and I think it's a very balanced side which is fully capable of making the end of season play offs.

• Like 2