British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Yeah and your track is closing!Haha

Not clever, not funny.. :o

Superb riding by Steady as a guest for the Aces tonight. 10+1 fantastic for his ever growing confidence.

• Like 3

Congratulations to both Jason Doyle & Mads Korneliussen on making it through to the GP Race Off Semi Finals.

• Like 3

Congratulations to both Jason Doyle & Mads Korneliussen on making it through to the GP Race Off Semi Finals.

Unfortunately you will now need guests on 21/06 v Swindon

Unfortunately you will now need guests on 21/06 v Swindon

Us lions fans had better start that Raindance then.

No doubt it will be a fine warm day across the country but BP will encounter a freak storm and flood the track a bit like what happened at Belle Vue last season

• Like 1

It is time all these clashes on race days where stopped. In this day of computer technoligy, it must be very simple to see which rider races for which team on a said night and they still manage some how to manage to take 2 or more riders from a team.

I will be a complete shambles with doyle and Madds missing if the standard of guest riders are anything to go by. That the management are bringing in. They also have now had high time to get 2 riders to bring into the team to replace the 2 that uped and left the team in the lurch. Not good enogh, signing on at the start of the year, then a quarter of the way through the season come to a desion that you no longer want to ride over here. They should have had some sort of penalty slapped on them for breaking a contract, but it seems that none of the speedway boards, can be bothered to do anything about this.

There should be a rule in place that if they have signed to ride over here then they finish the season unless they have problems with family at home.

It is to easy come easy go for them to get a place over here and then just up and leave without telling the team management what they are doing, saying that they are injured with problems that only need aq couple of weeks to overcome and then end up riding in thier home country. Later dropping the bomb that they will not be coming back.

Come on get these new riders in the team so we can put a team back together. Then hopefully get back to winning again, because before all of these problems the team was actually getting things together quite well. Don't think we have won a race since then.

I have lots of sympathy but it's a two way street. If you're going to punish riders for breaking their contact what happens when clubs drop riders part way through the season? Do clubs then get penalised?

• Like 2

I have lots of sympathy but it's a two way street. If you're going to punish riders for breaking their contact what happens when clubs drop riders part way through the season? Do clubs then get penalised?

It's like any work situation - if you aren't doing a job then you can expect to be dealt with appropriately and similarly if you fail to turn up at work whilst working elsewhere

It is time all these clashes on race days where stopped. In this day of computer technoligy, it must be very simple to see which rider races for which team on a said night and they still manage some how to manage to take 2 or more riders from a team.

No amount of technology will stop this.

Swap the fixture to an away meeting at Eastbourne as they're used to riding against teams without their best riders.

It's like any work situation - if you aren't doing a job then you can expect to be dealt with appropriately and similarly if you fail to turn up at work whilst working elsewhere

What about riders who are performing well but get dropped because a club wants to replace them with someone they think will do better or clubs who do not meet their contractual obligations to the rider.

As I said, it can be a two way street. Sometimes riders take the mickey and leave a club in the lurch but many clubs don't worry about their obligations to the rider if they think they can bring in a better rider. What about riders not being paid but facing action if they withdraw their services? How can that be right?

I don't agree with riders or clubs not meeting their obligations but you can't just blame riders.

• Like 1

Haha Love all these comments . I would say told you so , but I'd rather accept them as long overdue apologies :rofl:

they all had a go at you when track opened but your fans av gone very quite now, nobody listened years ago about bees missing Fridays cos of gps ,oversea riders missing ,slick tracks, sky on Monday nites to low crowds ,Poland,Sweden, Denmark, euro cup,bestpairs, . could go on four ever, welcome to the elite Leicester.

I will be a complete shambles with doyle and Madds missing if the standard of guest riders are anything to go by. That the management are bringing in. They also have now had high time to get 2 riders to bring into the team to replace the 2 that uped and left the team in the lurch. Not good enogh, signing on at the start of the year, then a quarter of the way through the season come to a desion that you no longer want to ride over here. They should have had some sort of penalty slapped on them for breaking a contract, but it seems that none of the speedway boards, can be bothered to do anything about this.

There should be a rule in place that if they have signed to ride over here then they finish the season unless they have problems with family at home.

It is to easy come easy go for them to get a place over here and then just up and leave without telling the team management what they are doing, saying that they are injured with problems that only need aq couple of weeks to overcome and then end up riding in thier home country. Later dropping the bomb that they will not be coming back.

Come on get these new riders in the team so we can put a team back together. Then hopefully get back to winning again, because before all of these problems the team was actually getting things together quite well. Don't think we have won a race since then.

Maybe they only signed short term contracts before the start of the Swedish league or maybe they both didn't like it at Leicester ? Strange that both left.

Is it the riders at blame or the management ?

Maybe they only signed short term contracts before the start of the Swedish league or maybe they both didn't like it at Leicester ? Strange that both left.

Is it the riders at blame or the management ?

Both.

I doubt if we will ever hear the true story to this one, if a rider was brave enough to speak up it would probably affect his future with any club wanting to sign him.

A club has every right to terminate a riders contract if they are missing from meetings or under performing. Just the same as in any work place. I don't agree with riders that are doing well being dropped though. There has got to be someway to sort out this whole graet problem, that just carries on with come backs to spoil the sport.

It is in a poor enough state over here as it is without adding anything else to make it any worse.

I was not just on about the Lions in the GP qualifiers, I am not sure if it not the Poole match can't even tell you who it is against but I think they are losing 7 riders between the 2 teams. How hard is that going to be to fill those riders places and still win races.