British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Congratulations El Champions Poole

Blinkered to what ? Jon Cook has been to Poole since as Matts guest and his friends and is good friends with Matt. There is no issue from either side from this. Belle veiw meeting ? This was not Pooles fault and we would of beaten them anyway. What has been done has always happened by every team over the years in differant ways.Poole has got there by hard work and good rider mangement and if Poole win nothing you will say will take the shine off our year. Last few years most have wet their selves when Poole lost in the finals, this year its our turn to laugh at others. Should Brum stuff us 70 nil and take title next week good luck to umm, but its seems you lot just moan about Poole for no good reason.

Interesting.. so Poole can postpone meetings on a whim and its ok because Ford is good friends with Jon Cook? In trying to defend his actions you've condemned him more than anyone else on the thread has!

• Like 4

Debate what,Poole have done what others have the last few years.Just crept into the finals as they have come on form and now bar far the best team. We all surport our team as you all do. Were here now and looking for the win. Like Matt or not he has been good for Poole and will be around for a fair more years i would say.All these clubs and fans blaming Poole for everything need to look in the mirrer and sort there own house out. Any way your all BORING me now and most of Poole so take it on the chin and man up.

I don,t think any fans need to man up as you put it Poole have probably done enough to be Champions but it would have been good to win it from honest out and out riding beating teams fairly and squarely .You say Matt Ford will be around for a fair more years but the bigger picture Poole fans and he needs to worry about is will he have any other teams to screw over because every other clubs supporters will not pay good money to be cheated by him and the other commitee members in his pocket .We are in times of money being tight for most speedway fans and eventually enough will be enough as( if most of them are like me) I want a 50/50 chance of my team winning not something like the Belle Vue / Poole Fiasco of this season. Hopefully thats bored you a bit more

• Like 1

Interesting.. so Poole can postpone meetings on a whim and its ok because Ford is good friends with Jon Cook? In trying to defend his actions you've condemned him more than anyone else on the thread has!

My point being is they were not really that bothered about the postponement you all keep going on about if they were more would of been made of it.

I don,t think any fans need to man up as you put it Poole have probably done enough to be Champions but it would have been good to win it from honest out and out riding beating teams fairly and squarely .You say Matt Ford will be around for a fair more years but the bigger picture Poole fans and he needs to worry about is will he have any other teams to screw over because every other clubs supporters will not pay good money to be cheated by him and the other commitee members in his pocket .We are in times of money being tight for most speedway fans and eventually enough will be enough as( if most of them are like me) I want a 50/50 chance of my team winning not something like the Belle Vue / Poole Fiasco of this season. Hopefully thats bored you a bit more

Poole will of won it on the track this year and no where else. As i have said other tracks problems are down to them and not being able to run a club properly. Why do people keep going on about money ? Money is not tight in the UK as some keep saying.

Edited by The Know
  • Like 1

I shall say it once again.

Poole had a poor 1-7 at the start - fact even with Ward and Holder they were bottom. (though shovvy believes top end strength wiil always win)

The injury to Ward helped them strengthen other areas of the team - fact

Matt Ford is superb at replacing riders and doing the best for Poole - fact

Poole built a strong team that surged up the table got in the play offs and are obviously the strongest team and will win everything. -fact

what people are up in arms about is how they got there in certain meetings.

why why why can Poole fans not grasp this?????

Poole cancelling the Lakeside meeting

The heat 10 fiasco at Belle Vue

And for that (insert any word you like) Shovlar:

Darcy Ward cheated when he laid on the track to get the re-run against Wolves

Peter Kildemand cheated in the play off semi when he laid on the track to get the re-run

Tey are the same thing so how you condemn one and not the other is beyond me, but hen again 99% of the crap you spout is beyond me.

Its not jealousy , which is what the blue tints think.

Yes i want a promoter like Ford doing the best for my side. christ Chris Louis never ever makes changes and it costs us.

But i dont want a promoter who is bringing my club success to the detriment of the sport.

Wake up Poole fans and see the bigger picture

and by the way 'THE KNOW' this isnt aimed at you because i see you who does know about the sport and you only have Poole at heart.

What you need to do is reign in the fans of your club that really dont think before spouting rubbish a la Mr Shovlar

My point being is they were not really that bothered about the postponement you all keep going on about if they were more would of been made of it.

Poole will of won it on the track this year and no where else. As i have said other tracks problems are down to them and not being able to run a club properly. Why do people keep going on about money ? Money is not tight in the UK as some keep saying.

I doubt there is a single person that thinks British Speedway is well run, clearly it isn't, and lots of promoters problems are, as you say, largely down to their own inadequacies.

Matt Ford though seems to be unable to appreciate the difference between running a successful sports club against any other business.

I am sure in your line of business it would be helpful if no competitors existed, it would be Eutopia if you were the only business in the land providing the service on offer. Margins go up and everyone is happy. You dont worry about your competitors going out of business, it is a dog eat dog world out there after all

That ethic though doesn't transfer to the running of a sports club, you simply cannot have success in isolation. It is vital for every club to be financially stable in order to sustain your own business

Now that said can you honestly say the Matt Ford has not been allowed to trample roughshod over virtually every club in the land in his misguided attempt to make sure Pool win at all costs

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 1

Blinkered to what ? Jon Cook has been to Poole since as Matts guest and his friends and is good friends with Matt. There is no issue from either side from this.

The only issue, which is fact, is that Poole postponed the meeting citing both sides agreed and Lakeside said they had nothing to do with it.

Doesn't matter if Ford and Cook are friends or not.

The only issue, which is fact, is that Poole postponed the meeting citing both sides agreed and Lakeside said they had nothing to do with it.

Doesn't matter if Ford and Cook are friends or not.

See you've taken the Vizers off and put on the blinkers.. :rofl: Dear me Steve, change the record.

See you've taken the Vizers off and put on the blinkers.. :rofl: Dear me Steve, change the record.

I could say the say thing to some of your blinkered lot who bang on that Poole are only disliked by a few. But we know that record will carry on being played. :t:

I have a friend who is a bank manager, so if I go rob his bank tomorrow and he says he's not fussed, its all good is it?

What you are highlighting is PRECISELY the point people are making. The sport is run in a corrupt fashion. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours (when it suits me).

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Matt Ford is superb at replacing riders and doing the best for Poole - fact

Agreed

Its not jealousy

Yes it is. And to see you constantly post about how a rider "cheated" go get a rerun really is pathetic. You never seen a rider do it before? Bet every team in the top 4 had at least one meeting where one of their riders did that. How about you change the record and bang on about them instead for a change?

• Like 1

Agreed

Yes it is. And to see you constantly post about how a rider "cheated" go get a rerun really is pathetic. You never seen a rider do it before? Bet every team in the top 4 had at least one meeting where one of their riders did that. How about you change the record and bang on about them instead for a change?

In Gavan's defence, I believe the point he was trying to make were the double standards applied by Shovlar ranting 'cheat, cheat, cheat' at Kildemand whilst conveniently overlooking Ward doing exactly the same.

• Like 1

All this talk of everyone being jealous of Poole is laughable and pathetic

I would suggest the Poole Promotion & Management are jealous of all other clubs.

Other club's supporters are generally happy to have speedway to watch, these clubs don't have to cheat to satisfy their customer base - unlike Poole :t:

• Like 3

All this talk of everyone being jealous of Poole is laughable and pathetic

I would suggest the Poole Promotion & Management are jealous of all other clubs.

Other club's supporters are generally happy to have speedway to watch, these clubs don't have to cheat to satisfy their customer base - unlike Poole :t:

Cheating? Its not like we used an australian and got a british rider discount

• Like 2

Cheating? Its not like we used an australian and got a british rider discount

No discount this year - keep up! As has been said before, at the time he was signed he was entitled to ride for GB but he later chose not to - maybe something to do with Muddlo being team manager? :wink:

Not cheating at all and you know it. If we were cheats we could easily have let Lakeside win and then you and others wouldn't be crowing so much now! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

No discount this year - keep up! As has been said before, at the time he was signed he was entitled to ride for GB but he later chose not to - maybe something to do with Muddlo being team manager? :wink:

Not cheating at all and you know it. If we were cheats we could easily have let Lakeside win and then you and others wouldn't be crowing so much now! :rolleyes:

Morris couldn't decide which nationality to choose i suppose. Its what kids do these days apparently. :P