British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Kent Kings 2014

Waco, I'm not slagging him off but he needs to realise 2 things.

1) he may have been involved in speedway for over 50 years, as he continually told us, but that doesn't mean he is right all the time. And he definitely needs to get up to date with modern media and ideas. He's "promoting" like its it's 1950.

2) he needs to realise, as apparently you do, that Rogers Cearns is the Kent Kings not Len Silver.

Roger spent 7 years getting the club off the grown before Len was even involved.

I appreciate your family are closely linked to Len and Rye House but this is about the Kent Kings club.

I have always given Len the credit for being there over last winter in charge of every aspect of the track build. Nothing happened on the track build without it being his decision. Interestingly he is now distancing himself from this fact with his comments to the press in the last week.

And with regards to Rye House, it's simple, the Kent fans want a Kent team not a junior Rye House team.

I remember the reaction the Rye House fans had when their team rode out of Mildenhall one year. They wanted their team to ride at their track if no interference.

Yes the Kent team were paid on time every time last season but again you are giving credit to the wrong person. Roger Cearns paid ALL the bills last year.

Anyway enough of this, yet again if anyone gives an opinion other than Len is God, they get shot down.

Let's just agree to disagree.

The important thing is the Kent Kings ride at CP for years to come.

Let's leave the posts now for people who want to discuss the possible team for next year.

That just about sums it up.Its the way me,a friend see it.And Waco it is understandable you will protect Len.But its like saying Alex Ferguson knew when he had done enough and got out.It has NOTHING to do with Rye House ,all we are saying is - WE WANT A TEAM IN KENT CALLED `KENT KINGS`which are separate and are not ATTACHED to Rye House etc.How is this possible with Len,John and Len`s Ex Wife standing at the Pit Gates saying you cannot go any further.And that included AWAY supporters.Great way to treat SUPPORTERS.

1. Simon Lambert

2.Jack Kingston

3.James Cockle

4.Benji Compton

5.Ben Morley

6.Adam Kirby

7.Connor Coles

Nikko i have been full of praise for what you have done promoting the Kent Kings and ill agree Len has little knowledge of modern ideas in that respect ,But fans must realise that a new promotion must have an established person co promoting at least in the first season And obviously Roger knew Len was the best person to bring in to do the job I fully understand the conflict of interests that now exists with some Kent fans.. In thinking whether that will be resolved next season we will have to wait and see..So for now everyone can do their speculating for next year ..And i wish the Kent Kings and your good self well for the future...

This thread seems to have turned into one persons crusade to bad mouth Len Silver
Some snidey comments in there man
I don't hear Mr Cearns complaining about the way Kent is being run?

Edited by Hector Austin
  • Like 1

Having received abusing emails overnight I have removed my posts.

A forum should be about debate and opinions.

Clearly not allowed anymore.

I came off this forum for some time before because of abuse for having a different opinion.

Now it's happening again, more fool me.

Lesson learnt once and for all.

Fans complain that promoters are out of touch and through self interest and lack of new ideas are killing our sport.

You try and do something about it and get abuse.

Be careful what you wish for......

I came off this forum for some time before because of abuse for having a different opinion.

Fans complain that promoters are out of touch and through self interest and lack of new ideas are killing our sport.

Nikko - my sympathies. I am shocked to hear what has happened to you but it does not surprise me because I have had similar happenings in the past.

Your departure from the BSF is extremely sad. The trouble is that some Posters do not know how to conduct a debate in a dignified manner. When they start to lose the argument they start to get personal.

Over the years I have "crossed swords" many times with one well-known BSF Poster but neither of us has ever resorted to abusing the other. We have different opinions on many things and frequently "agree to differ" but essentially remain friends.

Please reconsider your decision. By withdrawing from the BSF you have helped your detractors whoever they may be - and I don't want to know - to an undeserved success.

Edited by Guest

VERY SAD.THERE REALLY ARE SOME SADDIES ON THIS FORUM.ALL I KNOW IS THAT WE ARE SINGING OFF THE SAME SONGSHEET.HOPEFULLY SEE YOU SOON SOMEWHERE AT SPEEDWAY.

Very sad.

the amount of bitching on this thread suggests a bright future in the Elite League

• Like 1

Nikko i have been full of praise for what you have done promoting the Kent Kings and ill agree Len has little knowledge of modern ideas in that respect ,But fans must realise that a new promotion must have an established person co promoting at least in the first season And obviously Roger knew Len was the best person to bring in to do the job I fully understand the conflict of interests that now exists with some Kent fans.. In thinking whether that will be resolved next season we will have to wait and see..So for now everyone can do their speculating for next year ..And i wish the Kent Kings and your good self well for the future...

But wouldn't it have been better if the RH promotion had set up a corporate identity and then announced themselves as promoters of KK as well as RH?. That's all I'm saying I just wish sometimes the sport had a better image and these kind of things don't seem to help. Lets look forward to the new season with positivity.

On a positive note I thought the updates on the website were brilliant and even though a couple of errors once in a while they were always corrected and excused lets hope they continue next year

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

What about Aaron Baseby ? with his work commitments not the most reliable rider around

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

1. Ben Morley

2. Shane Hazelden

3. David Mason

4. Marc Owen

5. Aaron Baseby

6. Rik Mullins

7. Jack Kingston

What about Aaron Baseby, don't think he will be in Mildenhall'splans for next season.

He would be OK on some tracks but not on others, would be a solid second string give you that

Glad we are getting back to talking about the team come on guys supposes to be a bit of fun.

Simon Lambert at number 1 and possibly Kasper Lykke in the side.....

Nikko - thank you for all your hard work with the King's. The social media ideas etc made a perfect season even better. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Whistle Gang