British Speedway Forum
ProudtobeaBrummie

Which Rider Is On The Best Value Average

Chris harris on 6.82 for me I know people will disagree but that's my opinion what's yours ?

Chris Harris is a strange one, Somedays, he looks poor, Somedays he looks slow, but then other days he can be amazing and beat the best in the world. The trouble with Bomber, is you don't known which one will turn up. Expecting the top riders to compete against each other, I cant see many of them upping their averages by much. The Reserves will not be riding to an average. so even those that perform well, their score won't be that noticeable.

So its the 2nd strings that should be favourable to score easier points and up their averages score. Hopefully Lambert and Porsing to make significant improvements, but I can see Skornicki, Worrall, Fisher, Michelsen, Bech, Ljung, Milik, Gustafssen and Wells all doing similar. To pick out one, who I think will up his score the most would be difficult because there are too many unknowns, But it will be interesting to see what happens.

As a seasoned speedway follower, I have voice opinions against these new ideas. I don't agree with draft riders, I don't like having protected heats, I don't understand the logic of having differing sets of averages. But, these new complicated ideas will generate added interest for the seasoned follower, but they will do nothing in generating interest from Joe Public.

If you assume he's stating on 3.5 then I think he can add 5 or 6 points to that. he'll get 8 just for beating NL riders, throwing in a couple of second strings and he could get 9 or 10.

At the same time, I agree that Lambert could get 6+ but then most second strings will.

If the BSPA keep the draft riders at reserve all season & race them only against each other & second strings, I agree! Some will have higher averages than their team's number one!

So surely this can't be allowed? They should be included in the monthly averages & go into the 1-5 if they are doing well.

If the BSPA keep the draft riders at reserve all season & race them only against each other & second strings, I agree! Some will have higher averages than their team's number one!

So surely this can't be allowed? They should be included in the monthly averages & go into the 1-5 if they are doing well.

The draft riders will not be given a new average from this year.
  • Like 1

I have a friendly wager with my old man that Lambert will finish the season on an average no higher than 5.0 which I think would be tremendous for him in his first season, especially as he is in the main body of the team. Anyone who can win races around the NA in below 60.00secs will win races in the EL. Don't want there to be too much pressure on the young man.

Porsing's end of season form suggests he too is on a lovely average from a Stars point of view.

Interesting topic with some very interesting varying views RedandYellow.

I think Kenneth Hansen on 5.83 could be one to improve well if he can bring his Brandon form. Ty Proctor definitely on 5.78 and possibly Nicolai Klindt on 4.24.

• Like 1

All very good points/views and its a friendly thread for once so far...

Klindt is can improve I liked him when he guested last year for us and done ok in the play offs ...

Point taken about lambert I hope he does well as I've sponsored him this year so lynn are my second team now...

• Like 2

Exactly. I think any second string under about 4.5 is great value.

That would have to be Nicolai Klindt then!

I think given the structure of the league this year, 2nd strings putting points on their average will much easier than a normal situation. I think a better way to judge the most improved will be head to head results. There are riders with proven el experience and for me they will be the ones most improved. So your proctors, skornikis etc should be putting a couple of points on their averages. The pl second strings, if you like, and there are quite a few, are unknown quantities for me. Palm toft to name one. Then there are riders like lambert as second strings, how will that fair? You just don't know. He has potential, but is essentially an nl standard rider until he proves otherwise, and that is the key for me. Those teams with the unknown, like kings Lynn, if those riders deliver then those teams will make the play offs without a doubt. Same applies for those foreign riders on a 4:00 average. Porsing milic etc.

The most improved rider for me though, and it pains me because I wanted him at BV, will be garrity by a country mile. Best reserve by a long long way

Exactly. I think any second string under about 4.5 is great value.

Kyle Howarth, averaging around 6 while at Swindon but Coventry sign him on a 4 point average. Its just a shame he misses a few meetings!

• Like 1

Chris Harris

Ty Proctor

Mikkel Bech

Mikkel Michelsen

Jason Garrity

Josh Grajczonek

Rory Schlein

Will be the highlights this year.

Chris Harris

Ty Proctor

Mikkel Bech

Mikkel Michelsen

Jason Garrity

Josh Grajczonek

Rory Schlein

Will be the highlights this year.

Would agree with the above riders

The most valuable rider isnt neccesary going to be the rider who adds the most to their average. If the new heat format is as expected, id anticipate third heat leaders to on average drop a point off their average, wheras srcond strings should add a point and a half.

Excluding draft riders id tip robert lambert to add the most to his average.

Garrity to put on 2 points.

Reserves will NOT have new averages so even if Garrity wins all the reseves races and picks up thirs in his other two by yet again beating a draft rider only, he will score 3 1 1 3 each meeting but his average will only alter depending on his PL average in 2014.

5.64 RICHIE WORRALL; Will find it hard to average more than the top three, so should be a second string all season. With 5 points from his two easier races and a few points elsewhere, he could be around the 7 point mark.

6.82 CHRIS HARRIS; Bomber is like Skornicki. When he is riding for the proper team, he raises his game and even though there are going to be some tough races ahead, he could easily add a point to his average. Fisher as a second string will start well but will move above Hansen.

5.00 MIKKEL MICHELSEN; Class act and as a second string he will soon be in the points and challenge for a heat leader place which will mean adding at least a point to his average.

3.51 NIKLAS PORSING; He could be a bargain as he should get at least 3 from his races with the reserves and he will improve as the season goes on. Will not get anywhere near a heat leder role so as a second string all season he should be capable of adding a point to his average. Don't kow enough about Lambert to comment but speculation is he will be about the same.

5.05 MIKKEL BECH; Along with MJJ and Eminem they are the future of Danish Speedway and he could easily add two points to his average which would push Lewis Bridger (or Davey Watt) down to a second string role.

5.61 PETER LJUNG; Very under estimated rider and certainly capable of getting above 7 and may even challege for the #1 race jacket at Leicester.

4.00 VACLAV MILIK; Exciting rider and on a bargain average. Would expect him to easily average 5+ and another that will be a second string all season. Good signing by Poole

5.17 SIMON GUSTAFSSON; He needed a change and Swindon will do him well and we may get to see his true potential finaly coming out. This is one rider I really wanted to see Wolves get hold of and this year I think he will show everyone that I was right and average over 6 a match. Want to say the same about Nicolai but even t 4.24 he is a bit of a gamble.

4.61 JACOB THORSSELL; Wolves have over the time seen Peter Karlsson, Mikael Max and Fredrik Lindgren come over from Sweden and reach World Finals and be #1 riders at Monmore Green. Jacob is the latest in that line and he is learning fast and likethe forementioned three, he is a pretty quiet lad and looks after himself off the track. May only add a point to his average but if he does that each season like the others did, he will soon be ranked alongside them.

Sadly I think Ty Proctor may not be the big improver mainly due to him starting as the third heat leader. Therefore no races against reserves and no heat 8's so every heat will be tough and if he can maintain a near six average he will do well

While I have mentioned mainly second string riders above, I do feel that Tai Woffinden will be out to prove a point and with bonus points, I fully think he could be an 11+ rider in 2014 and will be chased hard by Iversen and Ward. Also think Kildemand will be the top Dane (part from Iversen) in 2014 and go 9+

Edited by T.N.T.

Rory Schlein ;)

Very true. When you compare him to other third heat leaders (Proctor, Hansen, Bridger, Morris), he look exceptional value.