5.00pm

Kings Lynn

Sunday 14th September

Kings Lynn

Sunday 12th October

Kings Lynn

Sunday 16th November

Kings Lynn

That's a nice looking STR fixture list for 2014. Any idea of rider involvement for this season's schedule?

It's too far for me to travel to meetings at my age - the last time I was in East Anglia area was in the late 1950s when I went up to Norwich with fellow Londoner Maury McDermott who was competing in a world championship round at Norwich.

I also remember that Wimbledon's Ronnie Moore was another starter at The Firs that night while dear old the late Alf Weedon was on duty with his camera.

Edited by Guest

The late '50s gustix.?!

So by implication then, you've NEVER been to King's Lynn (even though by staging since '64 it's now one of the longest running tracks in the country..)?; I have to say I'm very surprised at that

Maybe there's no spare dates Tony?

The Dragons Amateur Speedway Club are pleased to announce their anticipated dates schedule for this season.Once again we will be returning to the best race circuit in the country the Norfolk Arena Kings Lynn,also one of the top training circuits at Iwade Sittingbourne.The club kick off the campaign with some practice sessions to allow for some de-cobwebbing.Anybody is welcome to join us,whether to do your own thing,or whether you wish to make use of the clubs Training Instructors.You can do as much or as little as you wish,last years event saw several riders having up to eleven rides Oh To Be Young ! Bookings can be made by contacting Julie Tutton on 01633 858899 or 07920002785. Dates Saturday March15th Sittingbourne (practice/training). Sunday March30th Kings Lynn (practice/training). Sunday April13th Sittingbourne (practice/training). Sunday May4th Kings Lynn (Held over 2013 club class championship with support events)
Sunday May18th Sittingbourne
Sunday June 8th Sittingbourne (Eve Lanham Memorial event)
Sunday June 22nd Kings Lynn
Sunday July 20th Sittingbourne (credit crunch 1st Leg)
Sunday August 3rd Sittingbourne (credit crunch 2nd Leg)
Sunday August 17th Kings Lynn
Sunday September 7th Sittingbourne (support/intermediate club championship)
Sunday September 21st Kings Lynn (2014 club class championship)
Sunday October 12th Sittingbourne
Sunday October 26th Kings Lynn
Saturday November 8th Kings Lynn (The Big Bash)

Hope the practice session and AGM go well today, sorry I am not there as it's lovely sunshine again!

do you have any youth at your amateur meetings

yes, u16s are allowed. see www.southerntrackriders.co.uk for how to get in contact with Linda.