British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

Who's Got The Best Reserve?

To add to this thread I was going to say we have the best pairing then I did some digging into some data and now I'm worried

Kerr's NL performances in the crucial heats 13 & 15 were abysmal and he's going to be facing similar or better every race this season. In the PL he only really switch up a gear from about August with most the top performances being at home and spent all season in reserve.

Looking at performances against other No'6's or A graders he has gone missing in the past

Neilson

Garrity

Newman

Blackbird

Ellis

Morris

Hmmmmm, I just hope I've just over thought this

Lewis Kerr went from a 3 point novice to a 6.09 rider at a track he had never seen before and was the complete opposite of his home NL track. The lad was learning at a phenomenol rate and at 6.09 would have been in the top 5 of most teams in the PL. I wouldn't worry. I'm delighted he's back at Newcastle this season and would expect he was probably #1 on most fans wish lists for 2014.

• Like 1

Poole will be pretty handy at reserve when Lee Smart leaves and Josh Bates joins.

Smart might surprise you if he can get anywhere near his best, Bates has quite a crash record.
  • Like 1

Nice try Bagpuss!! :t:

The only reason Bates 'rejected' a team place was because of the clash of race nights!!!!

Irrelevant, you can't have riders swapping teams for any reason, ruins the integrity of the whole draft unless its something that all ten teams agree on perhaps.

Surely Poole aren't pulling stunts before the season has even started? Not really a surprise though thinking about it.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Surely Newman is the best reserve?

From an EL experience perspective possibly.

I think Simon Rambo Lambo will surprise everyone and finally come of age this year.

He isn't at reserve tho, as the thread suggests.

He isn't at reserve tho, as the thread suggests.

Since when?

• Like 1

Since when?

Since he refused to be part of the draft. He is declared in the 1-5.

Since he refused to be part of the draft. He is declared in the 1-5.

That was Robert, Not Simon :)

• Like 1

Got to agree with Garrity, (not that he endeared himself to heathens fans some time back).Not one shout out for Paul Starke.Surprised.

• Like 1

That was Robert, Not Simon :)

aaah, apologies. No idea on nicknames!

Got to agree with Garrity, (not that he endeared himself to heathens fans some time back).Not one shout out for Paul Starke.Surprised.

Paul Starke is some way off being close to the best.

I think Coventry have the best pairing. I thin Sarjeant is better than some teams first reserve.

Was watching our reserves practing at Arlington the other week and have say Lewis Blackbird looked good, dialed into the track pretty quick, Danny didn't look too bad either. Both seem to have good equipment too.

Nice try Bagpuss!! :t:

The only reason Bates 'rejected' a team place was because of the clash of race nights!!!!

Tough then.

No doubt the manipulation will soon begin though.

• Like 1

aaah, apologies. No idea on nicknames!

Or first names, it appears.

• Like 2

Or first names, it appears.

Of course.