British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Belle Vue 10th April

Shocking if true......

One of Craigs bike took a fair bit of damage after his heat 1 crash last night

Edited by fred

Good result Swindon, the Robins riders rode well, especially the heat leaders, although it looked like Troy was suffering jet lag. Nicolai and Steve are improving race by race, and will get better, and what an improvement by Simon. Nick the third heat leader is doing far better than I thought he would this early in the season against other heat leaders.

A couple of the BV riders had bike troubles but the team was out classed.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

Congratulation to Swindon on a big win, but Belle Vue ought to be a lot better then this. They no doubt wanted to start the campaign with a good showing, but It appears that everything that could go wrong did. Some meetings are like that .

It seems we are getting a strange start to the season. I thought BV would test Swindon this year....

as a neutral attending this meeting i was hoping for some close racing but belle vue never really competed. i can accept that bike trouble happens but on a number of occasions riders failed to make the 2 mins despite not being involved in the previous race. surely they have 2 bikes?

also the racing at swindon once more fails to excite. the track is in pretty good condition but does not lend itself to overtaking which makes gustafsson's pass of worrall in the final race all the more impressive. how come it takes til late in the meeting for the racing to really come to life.

also not sure the new race format is really a step forward, rather it more reflect the weakening of the league, allbeit its good for getting younger british riders experience in the top flight.

not sure i will be returning to blunsdon anytime soon unless the opposition are really strong...

• Like 1

One of Craigs bike took a fair bit of damage after his heat 1 crash last night

He's shown photos of his "money makers" (sic) before, and he's definitely got more than two.

• Like 1

Riders of the calibre of Cook should have more than two bikes and if not he shouldnt be guesting.

Thought the idea of having the same 2 young British riders at reserve for the entire season was to provide them with the opportunity to race at a higher level so as to educate and improve them. Should it be allowed therefore for a Premier League club to have first claim on such a rider's services when there is a fixtures clash?

Belle Vue off to their usual poor start. Sounds like a thoroughly unprofessional first meeting for Zagar, How some BV fans can compare him to Crump is beyond me, he isn't fit to even clean Crumps bikes.

Where is our illustrious Mr. Motivator of a team manager Attwood when these lack lustre performances are run, he is useless, if he was paid, he should be sacked. I assume we will be given the same old hard luck stories from the management, or a load of bull.

Thought the idea of having the same 2 young British riders at reserve for the entire season was to provide them with the opportunity to race at a higher level so as to educate and improve them. Should it be allowed therefore for a Premier League club to have first claim on such a rider's services when there is a fixtures clash?

Look at the scores these draft riders are getting for their Premier Lge teams & I'd say the Premier Lge is harder for them so who's to say they won't learn more there.

The advantage of riding in the Elite is the 2 reserve races & getting help from the senior riders.

He's shown photos of his "money makers" (sic) before, and he's definitely got more than two.

So do you think he drove from Whitehaven - Poole - Whitehaven - Swindon?????

Of course not he stayed overnight in Poole so that's why he only has one after bending one at Poole!

Zagar on the other hand no excuse, he did the exact same last year, had only one bike for first 6-7 meetings and got away with it but not last night. Not sure what he going to do for Saturday now.

• Like 3

Of course cook only had 1 bike. He totalled another bike at Poole

And don't forget he got a puncture when winning well in one of his rides. Best I've seen cookie ride Swindon. So bodes well for his season

Zagar having one bike again is bang out of order. Did same last year. And from what I hear he's only planning having the 1 bike all season. If that's the case he should be sacked. And the one bike he had he totally wrecked a new 6k engine. It only lasted 2 races so unsure what he going to do Saturday as the engine blow up also damaged frame and other stuff

Though toft did well. Better than I thought. Was on the pace.

Nobody is going to lose any sleep over these meaningless early season qualifiers, a quick look back at the final qualifying table reveals that you only need to win around half your meetings and still win the pokc.

The smarter riders know the score and wasting money on an extra bike for what is basically a bit of a skid is just daft. I imagine they will start taking things a bit more seriously around June, for the time being it's just a bit of fun no matter what the score.

I expect there will be a few indignant posts about ripping fans off etc but that's just tough.

Its nothing to do with ripping fans off, your statement is just totally incorrect, as i'm sure all barring Zagar have to score points to make money. A meeting in April or a meeting in August its all the same to them. The Aces were just rusty, I think that was a major factor, as well as a fair share of bad luck...that happens.. I'll even bring to your attention that I know of some riders who have it written in their contract that they have to turn up to a meeting with two bikes. Pretty poor form all round by the non obliging aces.

A reserve having only 1 bike would be a cause for concern but for our #1 rider to risk this is extremely disappointing. Presumably the EL makes up a fraction of Zagar's overall income and thus understandably involves a smaller investment in machinery but, to my mind at least, surely every rider needs a minimum of 2 bikes?!

Irrespective of when the meeting takes place and its perceived importance, spectators are paying good money to be entertained. I'm sure the cost of admission last night was full price...

Edited by Tkdandy

For one of the Elite league's top earners to turn up with one bike and to miss races as a consequence is a real cause for concern to the Aces fans and management.

• Like 1

The rules are that the owning team has first call on the rider.

So do you think he drove from Whitehaven - Poole - Whitehaven - Swindon?????

Of course not he stayed overnight in Poole so that's why he only has one after bending one at Poole!

Zagar on the other hand no excuse, he did the exact same last year, had only one bike for first 6-7 meetings and got away with it but not last night. Not sure what he going to do for Saturday now.

Cook himself didn't have to drive all the way to Whitehaven. Maybe if you're ridng on consecutive nights you should take more than two bikes with you?

Don't worry, I'm just being devils advocate - it's amazing how defensive people can get!