British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Kings Lynn Stars 11/04/2014

I think Howarth (and esp Garrity) will be big misses tonight.

I really like Kings Lynn's team and hope they do well this year, just hopefully not tonight :)

Hope both teams stay safe. X

Am really looking forward to tonight, think it will be a tough meeting for the Bees and won`t be suprised if they lose but lets hope its a win and we carry the confidence gained forward to the away meeting at Poole.

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

There's some getting carried away about our team. Porsing, Lambert, Kerr & Rose. This is a team for progress, not immediate impact. Win, lose or draw is no big deal.

I'll go with a home win just getting the 3 points but hoping for the other way round.

I don't know if you are referring to me, but I live my life being optimistic. Far better then looking at negatives and being subdued all the time. Yes I appreciate we have some young riders, but they are all good talented racers. Coventry also have young draft riders who are in the same boat. We go away tonight with a good chance of success. No I'm not getting carried away, just looking forward to another good meeting and hope at the end of the day, we have a good trip, a brilliant night, and no accidents. To win some points will be the icing on the cake.

Hoping the weather stays kind.......

Its been posted on one of the Coventry Bees fans facebook groups that the track was left in good condition after the Stock Cars and doesnt see a problem, should be a good night of racing.

One of the things that was very noticeable about Kings Lynn on Wednesday was the inexperience in the 2nd string/Reserves. I think this is the only thing that may cost us some meetings. None of them looked comfortable following each other and found it hard to control and just sit in behind the rider in front and protect.

However on the other hand we also saw how much potential there is in this side. Starting with Porsing, had mechanical troubles but he showed that when he gates and his machinery worked well then he is more than a match for near enough anyone in this league. Lambert couldnt control his bike off the start line as he kept lifting but showed what pace he had when chasing down Watt and then once passing Rose on lap 3 that he caught up a massive distance on the hammers 2 in front. Hopefully a bit of advice on set ups and he will be away making good contributions to the team. Rose has shown that he can gate well, he is extremely quick off the mark and often heads into the front at the first bend, with this I think he will make valuable contributions and really hold his own. Kerr is someone who gives 110% every race and sometimes can be his undoing with coming off twice in his first 2 heats and he could have had a 4 ride maximum as he dropped 5 points by just falling off. However he has shown that when he relaxes then he is going to make big contributions as well.

To do well for the whole season we will have to be a team and by that I mean we are expecting our heat leaders to get 28-30 points and then the other 16-18 points to come from the bottom 4. We are never always going to have everyone perform. I think we can afford to carry 1 rider a meeting but any more than that and it is going to be a big struggle.

As for tonight I am quietly confident that we can bring all 4 points back home. Having the team set up we have they all know each other and I think they can spark everyone on. We have good experience of brandon in our heat leaders and I am sure if they can start well then we will carry that on for the whole meeting.

I went to the stockcars last week, and that bump on the first bend come the end of the meeting was horrific, it was making heavy stockcars jump into the fences, so hope they have sorted that out.... they were trying to pack it down come the end of the meeting, but will that of been enough?

I went to the stockcars last week, and that bump on the first bend come the end of the meeting was horrific, it was making heavy stockcars jump into the fences, so hope they have sorted that out.... they were trying to pack it down come the end of the meeting, but will that of been enough?

O. M. G.

You would hope they would easily sort that out as they have had all week. A bit concerning considering theyve just relaid that part of the track to sort that hole.

So Garrity has declared himself fit to ride

Going to be tough tonight but I'm going for a narrow Bees win!

Not worth the risk in traveling was thinking about going that last post has decided it for me got better things to do with my time and money than go to Brandon for nothing , a near dry week the track should be perfect - will be watching with interest on bet365 .

Well I am making my way up for this one now after receiving an email from Coventry speedway saying that all is on schedule for racing tonight.

So come on Screamer and Haza you know you want to :approve:

Well I am making my way up for this one now after receiving an email from Coventry speedway saying that all is on schedule for racing tonight.

So come on Screamer and Haza you know you want to :approve:

Blayne Scroggins has also said no concern for tonight.

Weather lovely in Coventry last couple of days. Warm and sunny today.

Looking forward to tonight. Great to hear of the amount of King's Lynn fans coming to support their team. Expect some good banter.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks