British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedibee

Which Team Will Be The First To Drop A Draft Pick ?

Eay to say their crap, Why not get on the bike yourselves?

Ben Reade is trying his hardest so to say he's out of his depth is extremely unfair.

If you knew the amount of hours Ben puts into his speedway then you wouldn't dare utter a bad word against his name.

Michael Jepsen Jensen rode like a novice on his Panthers debut, Lahti rode like a novice for the whole season. Young riders need time but most importantly, they need moral support.

Remember watching Hans Nielsen get I think 5 lasts in a MRC qualifier early in his career !

It was always going to be Smart. Poole tried to wriggle out of that deal before a wheel had been turned. It is the correct decision by Poole to release him to strengthen, more clubs should change riders quicker like Reade for example. Despite all the underhand stuff I've always said Poole will always make changes when needed. Will be interesting to see who they bring in though. There will be uproar if its Bates.

It's ok getting a good pick in Newman but it would show the system up if they could replace potentially the worst rider in the draft list with quite possibly the best rider who was in the original list. Poole then (barring Ellis and Garritty) would have 2 of the best 4 riders. Can't be allowed to happen

• Like 1

It was always going to be Smart. Poole tried to wriggle out of that deal before a wheel had been turned. It is the correct decision by Poole to release him to strengthen, more clubs should change riders quicker like Reade for example. Despite all the underhand stuff I've always said Poole will always make changes when needed. Will be interesting to see who they bring in though. There will be uproar if its Bates.It's ok getting a good pick in Newman but it would show the system up if they could replace potentially the worst rider in the draft list with quite possibly the best rider who was in the original list. Poole then (barring Ellis and Garritty) would have 2 of the best 4 riders. Can't be allowed to happen

So where is the Official Announcement that Lee Smart is leaving???????

Looks like certain people are putting 2+2 together and making 5 to me!!!!!

Edited by scottyfan

It was always going to be Smart. Poole tried to wriggle out of that deal before a wheel had been turned. It is the correct decision by Poole to release him to strengthen, more clubs should change riders quicker like Reade for example. Despite all the underhand stuff I've always said Poole will always make changes when needed. Will be interesting to see who they bring in though. There will be uproar if its Bates.

It's ok getting a good pick in Newman but it would show the system up if they could replace potentially the worst rider in the draft list with quite possibly the best rider who was in the original list. Poole then (barring Ellis and Garritty) would have 2 of the best 4 riders. Can't be allowed to happen

When did we drop Smart then?

I love a good Poole conspiracy as much as the next man, but I'm not entirely sure what the benefit of them picking Smart in the first place knowing they were going to drop him for someone else a month into the season, surely they could've just picked any of the remaining riders on the list instead of Smart in the first place? I suppose by waiting until now they can pick whoever is in the best form out of the riders available, but they could've picked someone else better than Smart initially and then done the same thing if needs be, I think it was just a bad pick.

Another rule I'd amend for next season though, if you pick a rider then you should have to stick with him for the whole season unless he's signed off by an independent doctor as injured, and then a replacement can come in for however long the rider is out for, need to give the guys time to actually learn something.

The thread is who is going to drop a draft rider first. I and others have not said Smart is dropped we are simply answering the thread title. I wouldn't have an issue with him being dropped as long as he is replaced correctly. I think it will be Smart could easily be Reade

• Like 1

Can't believe there is a thread asking who will be first dropped

For me personally I hope all draft picked riders are backed to the hill by each team and fans.

For gods sake. The season is only 6 matches in.

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 6

Can't believe there is a thread asking who will be first dropped

For me personally I hope all draft picked riders are backed to the hill by each team and fans.

For gods sake. The season is only 6 matches in.

I can't believe someone would start a thread asking a question about speedway on a speedway forum either , what on earth was I thinking ? I'll start another one tomorrow which is more likely to spark debate , would "whats your favourite colour for a 3 piece suite" be too offensive ?

• Like 1

Our reserves at birmingham are so far tailed off when not against another reserve it's pointless there closer to been lapped than catching a rider....

i think the same applies to the other 5 riders in your team as well.

But a 10-2 can make or break a meeting.

No disputing that. But the number 7`s shouldn't be expected to beat the PL standard reserve. Therein lies the bonus.

Reserves have always made a huge difference in a meeting.

No disputing that. But the number 7 shouldn't be expected to beat the PL standard reserve. Therein lies the bonus.

Reserves have always made a huge difference in a meeting.

And of course now u cant have someone like smoli at reserves taking six hearts and racking up huge scores.

Cant see any issue with teams replacing draft riders who are struggling, so long as its with someone lower on the draft list.

No benefit to the rider if their confidence is just taking a batterring.

In answer to the op, like most I would sssume smart

Interesting? Fact. Of the bottom 10 riders in the el averages for season to date, 7 are reserves but 3 are heat leaders.

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

Never got the best out of Doyle, that was all thanks to Swindon

I think you'll find that Doyle finally having an op to sort out his recurring shoulder injury is what brought the best out in him.

I can't believe someone would start a thread asking a question about speedway on a speedway forum either , what on earth was I thinking ? I'll start another one tomorrow which is more likely to spark debate , would "whats your favourite colour for a 3 piece suite" be too offensive ?

Really depends on what colour carpet and wallpaper you have. :wink:

• Like 1

I think you'll find that Doyle finally having an op to sort out his recurring shoulder injury is what brought the best out in him.

Really depends on what colour carpet and wallpaper you have. :wink:

Doesn't everyone have a blue/black/white combination???! :rofl::D

No-one can choose Bates as he withdrew from the FT draft system and isn't included on any of the lists.

IF riders can be added to the list throughout the season, then that's when the problems could start.

• Like 1

No-one can choose Bates as he withdrew from the FT draft system and isn't included on any of the lists.

IF riders can be added to the list throughout the season, then that's when the problems could start.

I thought Bates was back in from some date in May & that riders can be added to the list so there will be problems.