British Speedway Forum
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Newcastle Monday May 5th 2.30pm

known as newky brown when I lived up there. ah well.... how things change.

Absolutely, feel even older now than I did before!! ;)

• Like 1

So who is worried now?

Off topic but one thing that seems quite odd is that the Witches dropped down because of a lack of funds but now a local Ipswich company sponsors Darcy Ward & Chris Holder to help fund there GP team.............

They not the only ones being sponsored by them though are they? (Andersen, Batchelor, Nicholls) many more in the past.

Maybe its that the current promotion don't want any "help" from local sponsors as they think they know best? :o

Maybe its because local sponsors wouldn't get value for money? :o

Or maybe Ipswich speedway haven't enquired? :o

They not the only ones being sponsored by them though are they? (Andersen, Batchelor, Nicholls) many more in the past.

Maybe its that the current promotion don't want any "help" from local sponsors as they think they know best? :o

Or maybe Ipswich speedway haven't enquired?

Or maybe Ipswich speedway haven't enquired? :o

If it's the company I'm thinking of, they have in the past sponsored riders and both team and individual meetings from the early 1980's.

Saying that, I haven't seen them sponsor a meeting or rider for a few years now.

Or maybe Ipswich speedway haven't enquired?

If it's the company I'm thinking of, they have in the past sponsored riders and both team and individual meetings from the early 1980's.

Saying that, I haven't seen them sponsor a meeting or rider for a few years now.

Although an Ipswich-based company, they are national with depots across the country. Local sponsorship is probably not such an important aspect of marketing for a company with much grander ambitions. The "Fork Rent Cardiff GP" is probably more in line with what they would be prepared to invest in.

Edited by Had Enough

Absolutely, feel even older now than I did before!! ;)

Yes, I am too today.... a year older than yesterday. !!

Yes, I am too today.... a year older than yesterday. !!

Congratulations,keep taking the tablets!! ;)

• Like 1

Trying to be positive - the draw is a better result than we got in last years league fixture against the Diamonds.

Trying to be positive - the draw is a better result than we got in last years league fixture against the Diamonds.

Ok lets be positive , Im positive it was a god awful result against a 5 man team !

• Like 1

So being realistic, just how good or bad is our team? It seems that without Adam we really will struggle to win at home, let alone get anything on the road this season. Gino is also far better at home than away so far, which also isn't going to help on our travels. Will be interesting to see he fares on his return to the away tracks.