British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies V Wolverhampton 7th May

Just posted on Birmingham main site

TONIGHT’S home Elite League match against local-rivals Wolverhampton is set to go ahead as planned despite some earlier rain.

The Met Office has advised that the worse of the weather has already passed over Perry Barr and so it’s all systems go with tapes up at 7.30pm.

Update posted at 4.05pm.

Guest GiveusaB

I fancy a win tonight! I might be going slightly mad, but my glass is half full !

Could be a close contest if Tai is on his game, expecting Wolves to get at least a point or even better..

I'd suggest his score tonight will determine King's fate.

Been dry as a bone here for last two hours ....

There's gonna be a very happy man on bend four this evening watching the brummies with no kennett wonder who that could be....

Wolves really are in trouble if they don't win this one. I really hope that Tai is soon back to his best. Wolves and Team GB need him.

I also hope that the Brummies are able to strengthen and be competitive. I am sure none of us want to see continued poor crowds and any risk to their future. Too many worked too hard to resurrect the club for that to happen now.

• Like 5

4 posts deleted by the so called 'Moderator' now.

Are we not allowed to discuss Birmingham v Wolverhampton on a Birmingham v Wolverhampton thread?

Mod Note: A quick check of posts shows NOTHING deleted but moved to the correct racecards thread. Still, more fun to have a go at all moderators than check first

So there is another location for discussing Birmingham v Wolves.... interesting.

Seen them now, makes little sense but there we go. Thanks for the response, bit of communication solves most issues.

Edited by BWitcher

All, my phone has given up the ghost and I can no longer get on touch with Elliot to continue the updates. I am using another persons phone for this, please accept my apologies.

Currently 31-29 after 10

• Like 1

Having had a whinge about the music at Lakeside recently while watching online, I thought I'd comment that I'm finding Birmingham's use of music in the presentation quite interesting.

• Like 1

Much as I'd like to see the Brummies win, it's a great concern to see Tai Woffinden struggling so much. The SWC isn't so far away, and "Tame GB" was always going to be Tai plus 3 make-weights. NOW, it just looks like 4 make-weights are going to represent our country.

Still, as long as Rosco and the BSPA are confident that Tame GB are the best thing since sliced bread then all must indeed be rosy in the garden.

Edited by The Pedaler

Could someone perhaps let sue or Elliot know what has happened.

It seems as though Suehas not seen her PM.

Could someone perhaps let sue or Elliot know what has happened.

It seems as though Suehas not seen her PM.

They are using the Brummies Twitter as their source of information.

Ironic that there is a big notice on the Updates site that what is on their site is copyrighted to THEM. I wonder if they got permission off the Brummies to allow ownership of the information coming off the Brummies Twitter?

So 11 points in Sweden last night for Woffinden but 6 tonight against a poor Brummies side.

It's clear where his priorities lie and Wolves season is now officially over.

Losing to a poor poor Brummies side :lol:

I suggest SteveBrum focuses on winding up Poole from now on.

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan

Have King and Woffy swapped kevlars for a laugh or something ?.

• Like 2

If it's personal or health related I hope it's sorted or he gets well soon.

If it's speedway related it's now reasonable to ask who can replace him.

The team is more important than the individual.