British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Redcar (pl) 31/05/14 19:00 Hrs

I see from tonight's scores that Robbo while guesting scored only 5. I hope he did not crash out of the meeting early cos we have too many out injured already. Crossed fingers that he is okay and just had an off night.

Thanks to LL I now know he just had a bad day at the office which is a relief.

Edited by HadrianDog

I see from tonight's scores that Robbo while guesting scored only 5. I hope he did not crash out of the meeting early cos we have too many out injured already. Crossed fingers that he is okay and just had an off night.

Nah, no worries mate, was on the centre green at the end with the other's, just a bad day at the office!! ;)

• Like 1

Well done to Simon Lambert, poor lad has taken some stick before a wheel had been turned, 6 +2 not a bad start to his Comets career keep it up Simon

Edited by stemoc
  • Like 5

Good win for Worky against a fairly poor Redcar side for whom only Lawson and Summers stood out although Skidmore and Wilko had their moments.

Richard Lawson was really on fire and scored an untroubled 18pt paid maximum and the track record for good measure!

For the Comets it was a team performance where no one rider proved consistent but all chipped in with points, big well done to Simon Lambert with 6+2 from four rides.

Guest for the Comets stuart Robson has had better days and only scored 5 from four rides...... :shock:

A big test for the Comets comes in two weeks time when Edinburgh are the visitors and with Josh still out injured the Comets will need a good guest in his place.....is Richard Lawson free....

• Like 1

Lambert has only got to score 4 more points for Workington and he's matched the amount of points he's scored all season for Rye House.

Amazing what a change of scenery can do.

Edited by RocketBen1
  • Like 2

A moderate performance all round and against pretty much a two man Redcar team was a bit disappointing to say the least, and even more so as they were still in pitching for a point right up til Ht15 when a dodgy engine robbed their best/only pairing of a chance to challenge for a point?

I had been half expecting a backlash after last week from the Comets but for some reason that didn't materialise and we were rather fortunate to get away with the full amount? :oops:

Comets looked well under power tonight especially in the Ht leader dep't with no one really capable of challenging Lawson/Summers, not a good sign?

Campton didn't look quick, Morris showed good spirit til bike problems hampered his scoring, Howarth still not where he should be but solid enough, poor meeting from Robbo by his usual standards, Rene looks OK when in front but not much passing when he isn't and a solid enough performance from Lambert, which I'm sure he will improve once he's got acquainted with the track, a little disappointed for him when Wells took the win after shepherding him around for most of the race, (ht12) thought he would have given him that, confidence booster but, there you go!! :nono:

Wells himself rode OK for his points but does lack that look of a racer!!

Looking like a long season, recent averages show up the inconsistency of our team with only Josh showing any real improvement so far, gotta hope the rest are just pacing themselves for the business end, perhaps learning from the hare and the tortoise of yesteryears!! :D

I'll settle for a scruffy win even tho I'm not that impressed by the performance, it's still points on the board and after last week, I'd rather have em than not!! :t:

most acurate account ive seen on last nights win if redcar had 3 riders on song we would have more than not had another home defeat

some workington riders final score flattered there performance a fair bit

as for robbo well he was unfortunate in heat 1 jim mcgregor at his best cancelled the 2 mins and put them on freash 2 mins when they lined up at tapes he said the freash 2 mins was because robbo was excluded for not making the original start then going off 15 metres robbo fell before the first bend all on his own and didnt do much in his next rides too

Good to get back to winning ways by taking all points on offer (just) Redcar put up a decent fight despite having a rider out in Luke Crang (get well) and only really having 2 threats in their team in Summers and of course Lawson who was in a league of his own.

The points apart Simon Lambert made a excellence debut for us scoring good points and making a good pass too, he's always looked handy round DP nice one keep it up Simon

With Josh out we need a guest for The Edinburgh meeting sorted asap.........

• Like 3

Hope Rich can guest against Edinburgh, below Josh in averages, would be good seeing him up against Cookie, unfortunately I won't be there. Don't think Graverson will be at Redcar for long now he's in the main body of the team and them having scope to make changes. Thought Skidmore might have done better, well done Simon. Pretty solid, if only Rene could get back to form, it would make a difference. Ricky could have took off and left Simon but he didn't. I'm not going to criticise him for taking the win.

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

most acurate account ive seen on last nights win if redcar had 3 riders on song we would have more than not had another home defeat

some workington riders final score flattered there performance a fair bit

as for robbo well he was unfortunate in heat 1 jim mcgregor at his best cancelled the 2 mins and put them on freash 2 mins when they lined up at tapes he said the freash 2 mins was because robbo was excluded for not making the original start then going off 15 metres robbo fell before the first bend all on his own and didnt do much in his next rides too

Thank You my friend, glad to see someone appreciates my efforts!! :D

Hope Rich can guest against Edinburgh, below Josh in averages, would be good seeing him up against Cookie, unfortunately I won't be there. Don't think Graverson will be at Redcar for long now he's in the main body of the team and them having scope to make changes. Thought Skidmore might have done better, well done Simon. Pretty solid, if only Rene could get back to form, it would make a difference. Ricky could have took off and left Simon but he didn't. I'm not going to criticise him for taking the win.

That's not the point, Wells had hung around for almost the entire race covering Lambert so why blitz passed him for the final two corners, the 5-1 was guaranteed so as I said, a nice confidence booster would have ensued for Simon by taking his first win for us in this stint?

Seem to remember a post on one of our threads, possibly Mills axed, by a chap quoting the effort's of the great Tomas Topinka in his heyday whom was always looking out for his team mates and shepherding them "without" taking wins off the weaker riders, worked brilliantly for Lynn and maybe that's why they are more successful than we are, could learn a thing or two about "team" riding our Ricky!! ;)

Don't think it made a lot of difference, Simon got paid 3 pts and could maybe have felt Ricky let him win. Main thing is we won and I hope Kyle has gained confidence from having a better meeting

Don't think it made a lot of difference, Simon got paid 3 pts and could maybe have felt Ricky let him win. Main thing is we won and I hope Kyle has gained confidence from having a better meeting

but he came under pressure once wells went for glory

thats why this is a team sport and team riding you look after your riding partner if you can to score more points for the team

Maybe remembered it wrong, didn't think he was under that much pressure.

• Like 1

Maybe remembered it wrong, didn't think he was under that much pressure.

Konopka wasn't that far behind to be fair but far enough, I, like scarra, are alluding to the "principle" of team riding, Wells had done the job for almost the entire race then just decided to up and b*gger off into the distance, why couldn't he accept the paid win? Sometimes with inexperienced riders that shock of suddenly finding someone blasting by when you least expect it can have consequences, Lambert drifted well wide after Wells went by and could have been caught by a better rider, finishing some 20/30mtrs behind I definitely think Wells move caught Simon by surprise!! :o:D

Remember an incident a few years ago when Ulrich Ostergaard rode for us, similar type of thing, he went very quickly up the inside of a young reserve, (ooh err missus), clean pass but pretty draughty I'd say for the young lad going into turn 3, shook him that much he fell off, referee then excluded Ostergaard presumably for "scaring" him out of the way, always makes me laugh when I think of it!! :D

Anyway, onwards and upwards!! ;)

• Like 1

Hope it's upwards, remember Stoney team riding well, not the Ulrich incident though. Glasgow rained off today so no guest appearance for Mason, he's hardly getting a ride..

Edited by comet49

Hope it's upwards, remember Stoney team riding well, not the Ulrich incident though. Glasgow rained off today so no guest appearance for Mason, he's hardly getting a ride..

It was a few years back and time certainly does fly!!

The incident itself didn't have any great bearing on the final outcome as I'm pretty sure the meeting was well and truly over as a contest by then and nothing too much was made of it, doesn't stop me remembering it though!! :D