British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Swindon Saturday June 21st

Surely common sense will prevail & this meeting will be cancelled, With the GP qualifiers that day Swindon will be missing Batchelor & Kildemand . Lions will be without Doyle & Korneliussen plus still require a guest for Hougaard, unless a signing is made before then. Eastbourne have already cancelled their meeting that evening surely Leicester should follow suit & maybe re- arrange for the monday 23rd June.

• Like 2

Still can't believe Eastbourne have cancelled a meeting so have to assume it's actually them who have riders missing rather then their opponents as they always ride those!!!!!!!

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

Don't forget also that Kasabian are also doing a large outdoor concert in Leicester that night so again some of younger fans may be missing as well.

Don't forget also that Kasabian are also doing a large outdoor concert in Leicester that night so again some of younger fans may be missing as well.

That means anyone under 60, then :D

As I understand it some of the track staff are going to the concert as well. Time to cancel, me thinks.

With the amount of riders missing from both sides and most of the other teams riders going into the GP qualifiers, it leaves very few decent riders to cover these places as with most of the other teams riders also riding in races abroad.

You would be lucky if you are not draging riders from the Pl to cover these missing riders places.

Time to say lets have it on another day. Pretty please. I for one will not bother traviling 25 miles to watch this meeting.

• Like 1

Hopefully this will be rerranged.

Because I work in London it is difficult for me to get to mostSwindon matches so I was thinking of going to this one as it is on a Saturday.

Obviously I won't be going with these line ups.

• Like 1

Are there any Leicester season ticket holders out there with a view on this?

(that's if there are any such people anyway!)

• Like 1

I would understand Leicester's stance on this if we were both battling for the play off's. But we are both gash and aren't going to make the top 4 so surely all they are doing is robbing the paying public, especially the season ticket holders, of a good match with 2 full strength teams. RR at number 1 for us just sums it all up. Shocking and yet another reason why this is the worst season in the 30 years i've been following speedway.

• Like 1

Surely common sense will prevail & this meeting will be cancelled, With the GP qualifiers that day Swindon will be missing Batchelor & Kildemand . Lions will be without Doyle & Korneliussen plus still require a guest for Hougaard, unless a signing is made before then. Eastbourne have already cancelled their meeting that evening surely Leicester should follow suit & maybe re- arrange for the monday 23rd June.

Surely its time elite league had its own race night. Lets stop being too british whilst employing riders whose main income comes from mainland Europe. All teams race on the same night. I believe all fans would still turn up. Especially if all the top team riders are available!!. We love our racing but are fed up with being short changed. We really have to be more inclusive of the BIGGER speedway family

It would serve the BP management right if not one single soul turned out to see this meeting. Surely it is still not to late to call it off.

Why should the fans have to put up and make do with these boached together teams, and then be expexted to fork ou hard earned money to come along and watch it.

• Like 2

This is going to turn out bad.

You read DH programme notes in the meeting after the joke of a Swindon he will be moaning & threatening the future of speedway if the crowds are poor.

But what can he expect everyone has told him that he is best to call it off .

If he runs this match then he clearly thinks nothing of his supporters & gets everything he deserves.

He will make a loss on this meeting .

• Like 3