British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Pirates V Wolves - Weds 2nd July

Darcy will be fine, he cannot afford to take a year out and he is riding well and managing his injury, im sure its only bruising tonight and only a precaution to replace him in heat 15, entertaining the crowd should always be a good reason for having darcy in heat 15

I have to disagree with that. One big off and he's potentially lost a very promising career. I'd rather not win the league than see that happen.

• Like 6

I have to disagree with that. One big off and he's potentially lost a very promising career. I'd rather not win the league than see that happen.

That could happen to any rider, alot of riders ride with injuries. It is up to darcy if he rides, he has all winter to recover

Does Vaclav Millik use A Jawa engine? You don't see many in EL Speedway these days...?

No he rides a GM engine...........Maybe he uses Jawa frames???

That could happen to any rider, alot of riders ride with injuries. It is up to darcy if he rides, he has all winter to recover

Most injuries yes, but this is, I believe, his cruciate ligament and he's risking permenant damage every time he rides and that damage could be career ending.

• Like 3

Most injuries yes, but this is, I believe, his cruciate ligament and he's risking permenant damage every time he rides and that damage could be career ending.

Hancock used a knee brace, I am not a doctor but having had a cruciate injury I dont think he is risking permanent injury

Hancock used a knee brace, I am not a doctor but having had a cruciate injury I dont think he is risking permanent injury

Did you have or need surgery on it?

I have to agree with you Nick Darcy should have really got it done this year, and given it time to settle down, but Darcy is old enough and ugly enough to make his own decisions. And im also sure he really wants to ride Cardiff as he missed out last year. i spoke to him after the meeting, and he tells me the knee is ok, so we have to take his word for that.

• Like 1

Darcy needs to learn to throttle back and take a break. Didn't need to be in heat 15 as points were already safe. It's not about entertaining the crowd when his injury comes first. Watched it on 365 and still the track is poor. Magic as I keep saying is inconsistent and will be the one who costs Poole the league

• Like 1

Hopwood out,Brendan Johnson in?

Very possibly, with his after meeting practice with Jack Holder.

Brendan is about the only rider left below Ben on the list that I've even heard of!!!!

ps. Darcy said he was fine in his post-meeting interview - he caught his hip and banged his head, which is why he withdrew from the re-run. He spoke well and was posing with sponsors who gave him the Rider of the Night award.

Incidentally, he does wear a knee brace - in fact he was wearing one, which was smashed to bits, when Smolinski did his early season deed!!

Darcy needs to learn to throttle back and take a break. Didn't need to be in heat 15 as points were already safe. It's not about entertaining the crowd when his injury comes first. Watched it on 365 and still the track is poor. Magic as I keep saying is inconsistent and will be the one who costs Poole the league

Well Janowski didn't last season he was terrific in the play offs.

elite league.. what a farce that was.speedway needsto give itself a good shake.. the swedush elite league is far better and no r/r og guests.. bspa.. rubbish..

elite league.. what a farce that was.speedway needsto give itself a good shake.. the swedush elite league is far better and no r/r og guests.. bspa.. rubbish..

Quite a lot of meetings on a Tuesday are dull and boring.

Depends on your definition of far better.

• Like 2