British Speedway Forum

some tracks just dont produce exciting racing on tv, leicester, oxford never did, belle vue, ipswich....doesnt mean they dont get good meetings, just more rare!....love wolves, poole, somerset, scunny on the box

And your point?

FIM accredited or not Leicester is a truly dreadful race track. It has straights far too long for the tightness of the bends.

So far world under 21 meeting / premier fours / numerous training days / Phil Crump , KK and others rode loads of practice laps as the track developed. Crumpy gave centre green interview 2 weeks ago....... VERY IMPRESSED. Sorry how many world titles have you won????????

How many World Titles did Phil Crump win?

Edited by Wackie
  • Like 2

How many World Titles did Phil Crump win?

Also when did Phil ride at BP ? Lol

Give up like I did on the basis that it isn't my problem. I just go enjoy and if others don't in some vain hope that they will get it changed then that's their problem

DH's notes in the program indicated no immanent changes.

Maybe they'll all move on?

A lot of People have spoken after the sky match and said crap track,dangerous track,awful racing,surprised nobody wasn't killed,ect,ect all sounds like the same opinion that you won't except,even riders are saying the same,you honestly don't know about speedway safety that's clear.

I don't normally get involved here on the EL forum but after watching that last night.

FIM accredited or not that is one of the most dangerous speedway tracks I have ever seen.

How nobody got killed last night is a wonder in itself.

And the fact it was deliberately built like that makes the whole thing even more disturbing.

Just based on last night. Entertainment value very little if anything and rider safety probably even less.

I have seen some crap speedway but rarely seen anything that bad.

Great to see a nice close match with an large enthusiastic crowd in a purpose built stadium but speedway racing? There was none of that really just a series of near accidents when riders took advantage of other riders nearly twisting themselves in knots.

Even the home team can't ride the place for heavens sake.

If I had had that to watch each week I would probably be following golf.

On top of this, the pit wall needs padding too.

• Like 1

FIM regs, if I recall, are partly the reason Belle Vue is not a very good track. To get it to the minimum size the track was much longer than it really should have been in relation to the bends. As Hyde Road was FIM accredited PC was keen to ensure Kirky Lane was also to the detriment of having a real good race track.

As you say a ridiculous OP, the guy is either drunk or he has got sh!t for brains, I suspect the latter

WOW.....constructive. You really do have issues!!!!!!!!!!!

Also when did Phil ride at BP ? Lol

A lot of People have spoken after the sky match and said crap track,dangerous track,awful racing,surprised nobody wasn't killed,ect,ect all sounds like the same opinion that you won't except,even riders are saying the same,you honestly don't know about speedway safety that's clear.

You know who I am so I would have thought you would know that rider safety is upermost in my mind. No such thing as a dangerous track only dangerous riders.

You know who I am so I would have thought you would know that rider safety is upermost in my mind. No such thing as a dangerous track only dangerous riders.

"you know who i am" who are you?

"you know who i am" who are you?

Nobody of any importance but I can't believe R72 would think I knew nothing or I was unconcerned for rider safety

Doesn't matter who you are - you're wrong.

A track that invites riders to go full throttle on very long straights and then try to slide around corners that are far too tight is asking for trouble. Or are you expecting riders to hold back for their own and other's safety? Whatever they choose it puts a severe limit on the chance of decent racing - which is what they're supposed to do. Speedway should be about 4 racers trying to outrace each other - not trying to beat the track.

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 2

A track that invites riders to go full throttle on very long straights and then try to slide around corners that are far to tight is asking for trouble. Or are you expecting riders to hold back for their own and other's safety? Whatever they choose it puts a severe limit on the chance of decent racing - which is what they're supposed to do. Speedway should be about 4 racers trying to outrace each other - not trying to beat the track.

Yes thats what they were doing at Peterboro' at the PL 4's which resulted in a shuttle service to the local A&E and Newcastle suppoeters having to miss the end of the meeting.

My point before you ask being the riders being the biggest hazard not the track. As I beliwve Peterboro' is classed as 1 of the best tracks in the country and falls happen there too

• Like 1

Yes thats what they were doing at Peterboro' at the PL 4's which resulted in a shuttle service to the local A&E and Newcastle suppoeters having to miss the end of the meeting.

My point before you ask being the riders being the biggest hazard not the track. As I beliwve Peterboro' is classed as 1 of the best tracks in the country and falls happen there too

Good post. I was there and it took 4hrs to finish the meeting.

A track that invites riders to go full throttle on very long straights and then try to slide around corners that are far to tight is asking for trouble. Or are you expecting riders to hold back for their own and other's safety? Whatever they choose it puts a severe limit on the chance of decent racing - which is what they're supposed to do. Speedway should be about 4 racers trying to outrace each other - not trying to beat the track.

Watching Jason Doyle and some of the others top riders on Monday's tele program, going flat out down the back straight and into the corners full belt is part of the attraction of the sport. If some riders find that difficult then that's unfortunate and should probably pack up. Doyle proved beyond doubt the track is safe and not dangerous.

Wolves Monmore Green Track is of similar shape, with longer straights and tight corners, and that's regarded as one of the best around. I've seen some brilliant races there.

Young and inexperience riders could find these tight corners too technical and struggle. So it would be wrong to blame everything just on the shape of the track. There are a lot of attribute to a good track beside the shape. Camber, Topping and Preparation are just three areas, that are just as important.

From my prospective, there are far more crashes caused through rider error than any those caused by the shape of the track........................

Watching Jason Doyle and some of the others top riders on Monday's tele program, going flat out down the back straight and into the corners full belt is part of the attraction of the sport. If some riders find that difficult then that's unfortunate and should probably pack up. Doyle proved beyond doubt the track is safe and not dangerous.

Wolves Monmore Green Track is of similar shape, with longer straights and tight corners, and that's regarded as one of the best around. I've seen some brilliant races there.

Young and inexperience riders could find these tight corners too technical and struggle. So it would be wrong to blame everything just on the shape of the track. There are a lot of attribute to a good track beside the shape. Camber, Topping and Preparation are just three areas, that are just as important.

From my prospective, there are far more crashes caused through rider error than any those caused by the shape of the track........................

Yes of course a lot of crashes are caused by the riders themselves - I wasn't disputing that - but they hardly need a track that encourages errors do they? At Wolves riders build up nowhere near the speed they can at Leicester - hence negotiating the bends becomes less of a problem and they can RACE. Peterboro has long straights yes but the bends are wide and riders can sweep around them without too much danger and again, can RACE. Accidents will still happen of course but not because of the track design, more likely to be track surface or rider error.

At Leicester, no matter how perfect the surface is or how expert the rider is, the very speed they have to go will always nurture an accident.

Edited by Star Fever

From my prospective, there are far more crashes caused through rider error than any those caused by the shape of the track.....................

Great post!!! the good riders ride the track well. the established premier riders ride the track well ,Cook , Morris , Lawson etc etc. Its our 1st year in the Elite league for gods sake. New riders new track. Next year experienced riders will deliver.