British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

Berwick V Rye House (pl) - Now 23/8

Whats Berwick weather like? Forecast for rain/showers this evening?

Glorious this morning, clouding over now, forecast for heavy rain from around 7pm

Whats Berwick weather like? Forecast for rain/showers this evening?

So far so good, still bright, still warm, still dry. There is rain or showers forecast for early evening, but as I post its all good so far.

So far so good, still bright, still warm, still dry. There is rain or showers forecast for early evening, but as I post its all good so far.

You said that last week as well!!! ;-)

Just had a couple of photos through from the track. Looks soaked

Well, Mr Panther, at least Rye House fans know they have a dependable promoter, aren't likely to go bust (yet again) or call meetings off without valid explantations.

Clubs' on-track fortunes wax and wane, but at the end of the day, it's the ability to open up each week, each year......

well said crescent girl, at this level there is not much if any return on the riders investment in the bikes etc yet they still come back for more each week! i am glad they do and that we have speedway at rye house every year.

It was that wet we even had 2 Lifeboat crew turn up in full sea gear

Tell us about it, some poor souls were left outside in the pouring rain while they waited on a decision.

Tell us about it, some poor souls were left outside in the pouring rain while they waited on a decision.

Poor souls? Daft sods. I received a couple of photos of the track at 6pm. There was no way that was going ahead. I was straight into the Black & Gold in the dry. Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Poor souls? Daft sods. I received a couple of photos of the track at 6pm. There was no way that was going ahead. I was straight into the Black & Gold in the dry.

Could fans not sit in their cars if it was raining, unless they were on foot of course but imagine most drive to a track.

Could fans not sit in their cars if it was raining, unless they were on foot of course but imagine most drive to a track.

Majority of people sat in cars till it was called off, but there a few who had walked over from Prior or Tweedmouth, feel sorry for those ones but what can you do.

Majority of people sat in cars till it was called off, but there a few who had walked over from Prior or Tweedmouth, feel sorry for those ones but what can you do.

Black & Gold was warm and welcoming. I can never understand those that queued in the rain. It's not as if there'd be a shortage of seats inside

I've been told the re staging in next Saturday 2nd August

I've been told the re staging in next Saturday 2nd August

Now on Rye House site.

Black & Gold was warm and welcoming. I can never understand those that queued in the rain. It's not as if there'd be a shortage of seats inside

Aye cause all the seats "reserved" for all the travelling rye fans