British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

Kings Lynn V Swindon - 27-08-2014 @ 19:30

Young Stars meetings seem to be few and far between though.I hope Lewis Rose doens't read any of this. He may feel very unwanted !!!!

Unwanted by who?

Rosco has altered the team line up tonight moving Nick to 2 and Dak to 4. He feels this makes the robins stronger with the improvement in the performance of Dak.

If Peter can stay on his bike the robins should come away with at least one point.

We really need to tear you apart tonight to make a statement. For me, if you come away with a point or more tonight that's an extremely poor result for us.

We need to get right back on it from here on in.

Edited by screamer
  • Like 1

On the contrary screamer, I think three points tonight would be a great result because of how well Swindon ride our track

That is something that can't be changed, but if we get them in the Play Offs we can change our performances at Blunsdon as we have completely underperformed on both visits.

• Like 1

On the contrary screamer, I think three points tonight would be a great result because of how well Swindon ride our track

That is something that can't be changed, but if we get them in the Play Offs we can change our performances at Blunsdon as we have completely underperformed on both visits.

A decent score from a number 1, and there'd be little in it.

Just got to hope he's managed to get his beauty sleep the night before.

Lewis Rose was riding the best he had this season before his injury. It's a massive blow to him and the Stars.

Can't help but think it's another sign that this season is just going to fizzle out. Things haven't been the same since the SWC break. All very dis-jointed and its no wonder we have lost momentum.

Would take a win of any kind tonight.

• Like 1

Presumably you've felt the need to take on the mantle of forum berk since Shovlar disappeared.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!! :D;)

Just getting 3 points isn't enough. In a home and away comparison I.e. Play-Offs we do ok at Swindon being within 10-11 points. That would be seen as acceptable. We're just not good enough from the gate at home, regularly having to make hard work of it to pick off points at home.

If we can smash a 15+ point difference tonight that would set a maker and give the boys a great confidence boost for that Play-Off run in.

Winning by 6-7 will make things edgy next time round. We need a really big lift and just scrapping 3 points won't do

This is a big meeting for the Robins.

IF we can get a point that will put even more pressure on Eastbourne and put us in pole position for the final spot. Swindon should have got more than 1 point from the earlier meeting and it was disappointing after they had been leading until v.late in the meeting.

I think it is a good time to be meeting KL, no disrespect intended. PUK is clearly feeling the effects of a long season and looked poor at The Abbey, whilst Schlein is blowing hot and cold and Rose will also be a big loss.

On the Robins front PK and Batch go well here and both riders should give a good account of themselves. North is really motoring. I thought he was lucky to replace Klindt earlier in the season but he has changed my mind and looks quick either FTG or behind and now is a v.important rider in the run up to the play offs.

I think it will be a tight match but KL are a good side and are top of the league for a reason. 48-42 to the Stars.

Lewis Rose was riding the best he had this season before his injury. It's a massive blow to him and the Stars.

Can't help but think it's another sign that this season is just going to fizzle out. Things haven't been the same since the SWC break. All very dis-jointed and its no wonder we have lost momentum.

Would take a win of any kind tonight.

I really hope the Stars are saving their best for the Play Offs but the run in signs aren't very good.

Looking at it both teams logically:

Niels V's Killer;

Kenneth V's Batch;

Rory V's Gustafssen;

Morris V's Porsing

R. Lambert V's North

Kerr V's Worrall;

S. Lambert V's Greaves

I can see us winning those 7 individual battles 5 - 2 . But life is never that straight forward..........

I'll go for 3 pt home win......

Porsing rides for King's Lynn.

I know he's been riding pretty poorly lately, but you can't just swap him around for a better rider for the hell of it. It's now how it works.

Who do you think you are? Matt Ford?

Out of those battles I think it's pretty close. Only really Schlein V Gustafsson (& Lambert V Greaves) I'd say should be safe but even Schlein is prone to the dire meeting every now and again.

• Like 1

Racing logically like that, never happens though :) I think Swindon will pinch a point....

• Like 1

Unwanted by who?

probably should have said unloved !!!!

Can see Simon Lambert becoming a permanent addition to the team if the Rose news is as bad as feared.

And Porsing hasn't been riding badly. Scoring badly maybe, but he's had INJ problems and has blown a few engines I understand.

Rose seems to think his season is over going by his Twitter feed.

Rose seems to think his season is over going by his Twitter feed.

Yep, so a team change with Simon Lambert coming in full time must be imminent with the team change cut off being tomorrow

• Like 2