British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

To all you guys that keep knocking Kelsey Dugard Kelsey Dugard, just check his average and compare with all the other No7s

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl15_issue_8.pdf

By my reckoning there are only two reserves with higher averages than Kelsey, they are Cradleys Mike Neale, and your own Georgie Wood, so to be ranked 3rd out of 20 aint bad, some people should be careful what they wish for.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to get into the pits at the end of the meeting, never seen so many people in there talking to the riders and just enjoying them selfs, Eastbourne have turned it around from being a stuck up side to now the peoples riders, Also what was interesting was to see that Martin Dugard was in the tractor at the end of the meeting packing away the Airfence with Connor Dugard and a few helpers, seems to me as if they really have to work hard to make the speedway run at Eastbourne as your never see any other promoters at the end of a meeting do it.

Going back to being in the pits, I did get a chance to talk to Kelsey who is a really nice kid, i think he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and he did have a big smile on his face for a change and you can see that he is starting to listen to what people around him were telling him, he did say that he had changed the seat to a much thicker one which ment he was able to get over the front of the bike and not allow him to sit in the bike, he said when he sat in the bike and was to put his leg back he always turned the bike around and fell off also looking around is his big problem. But he was honest and said that his dad and others have been telling him all year about it and a bigger seat and where you sat on the bike would help but he said he felt happy sitting in the bike and being lower and it felt safer but in fact crashing every other race is not safe.

Have to say a great team effort by all.

To all you guys that keep knocking Kelsey Dugard Kelsey Dugard, just check his average and compare with all the other No7s

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/nl15_issue_8.pdf

By my reckoning there are only two reserves with higher averages than Kelsey, they are Cradleys Mike Neale, and your own Georgie Wood, so to be ranked 3rd out of 20 aint bad, some people should be careful what they wish for.

The knockers were a small minority. There was some constructive criticism as well. Most Eagles fans simply want Kelsey to do well and become the Master of Arlington like his Dad was.

Regarding Martin being on the tractor, he has pretty much always been hands on. Even when he wasn't promoting.

Agree that the riders are brilliant, very friendly and approachable. I have to add that 'some' of the Elite League riders were good as well. Cam especially.

The knockers were a small minority. There was some constructive criticism as well. Most Eagles fans simply want Kelsey to do well and become the Master of Arlington like his Dad was.

Regarding Martin being on the tractor, he has pretty much always been hands on. Even when he wasn't promoting.

Agree that the riders are brilliant, very friendly and approachable. I have to add that 'some' of the Elite League riders were good as well. Cam especially.

Yes, fair dos to Cam. I'm afraid some of the others were almost sprinting out of the stadium at the end.

I am also sure all Eastbourne fans are right behind Kelsey and were delighted with a more assured performance.

I heard that a few of the guys were saying that its the best club they have ridden for and how much its about helping the riders and its not all about the money they could make, the young Dugards have got it right, they are in the mix of it all and now the rewards are paying off, you can see on the race day that everyone is relaxed and enjoy whats going on around them, one of the better places to watch speedway in the NL league, a bit dusty at the weekend but i did see a guy with a load of orange pipes leaning over the fence talking to martin so i guess thats a new bit of kit to water the track maybe they can sell it to Rye House. :t:

And now we are on top but how long for? need to start picking up points away like Coventry have been doing

No better place to start than at Rye House on Saturday.

And on Sunday, go and win the NL Fours - a Fours championship is one the Eagles have never managed.

What a coup that would be for the new promotion if they could land that one.

Have to say we look to be in a tough group but it you're going to win it, you have to beat 'em at some stage.

And now we are on top but how long for? need to start picking up points away like Coventry have been doing

Yes, we have lots of away matches coming up and we have to get some 4 point away wins.

Ironically, I think play offs would actually help us this year as we seem to fall just short away but I think we could beat anyone over two legs if we came second in the league.

Are we ready for another walk over in 2 weeks? after kents performance tonight :P

Who has the most to lose? The Kings of defeat or the soaring Eaglets?

The result does look predictable but there will be plenty of Eagle egg on faces if it turns into one of those nights! :shock:

Now we don't meet kent until 1st August. Birmingham next Sunday! Much closer meeting

Yes, we have lots of away matches coming up and we have to get some 4 point away wins.

Ironically, I think play offs would actually help us this year as we seem to fall just short away but I think we could beat anyone over two legs if we came second in the league.

What play-offs?

If you come second in the league that's your final position.

Based on this thoery we should win the national trophy and the koc. I quite agree with you. 4/5 of our next NL meetings are away id say we need 2 4 point wins at a minimum, i can see the top 4 of this league finishing extremely tight every point is vital.