British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

The latest from Poole now is Mr Ford says it's not his fault that they've not raced us yet. It's other clubs fault for not having completed their EL fixtures in time (before the cut off date I guess he means). Well guess what Matt. You're a member of the BSPA. How about you suggest starting the EL several weeks earlier?! Poole aren't the only club that can't control the weather and who share their stadium with other events you know! Start the league fixtures in early/mid March instead of the end of March or early April to attempt to get a head start. Try and then get the play off fixtures done and dusted in September. Just a thought!

Well said.

On the subject of fixtures I'm sure all promoters have to agree to it at the beginning of the season. It's a pity a few didn't voice their misgivings then, or do they only get concerned when they are getting flack.

However there are still 2 weeks left of this season so I fail to see what the panic is. Oh yes light bulb moment, it's so Sky can televise it and they dictate when.

Well hold on just a cotton picking minute is this the same Sky that are not going to show the third most important meeting of the season :mad: but will deign to show us key heats. Well Sky here's a bit of advice, rubbish happens sometimes and you have to take the rough with the smooth. You may have lost some dosh last week, but so did Matt Ford/Poole as no doubt did Coventry then and will again tomorrow if tonight does not go ahead. That's not to mention all the fans that have made the effort to travel etc. You just have to suck it up as they say.

That's part one of today's rant, no doubt I'll be back later :P

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

So Matt Fords defense, is to start telling lies? If he really is claiming its all the fault of other clubs for delaying the play-offs.

Were the original play off dates put back or not?. If they were he is not telling lies. You should know as you are the man for dates and figures. You probably know the tracks concerned.

By the way we are having a rain shower in Poole

Speedway has to be the worst run sport in the world.

In the summer, when the weather was fantastic, Leicester went weeks without having a meeting. I'm sure other clubs were the same, now its raining almost every day they can't run meetings.

I think a group of 8 year old's could do better.

Leicester weren't alone. Coventry had one meeting in July, the height of the Summer on the 18th, although two were scheduled - 4th July being postponed. We then had to wait a month before the next match on August 15th which was also postponed. Now here we are the middle of October struggling to complete matches when surprise surprise it keeps raining.

• Like 1

So Matt Fords defense, is to start telling lies? If he really is claiming its all the fault of other clubs for delaying the play-offs.

But was the original date put back because some clubs had not completed their home fixtures for whatever reason. If they were I am sure you will know, and you would probably know the teams. As you seem to be quite good at the facts and figures

Sory to post twice as first post did not seem to work

Edited by BROCK

Gong back to the meeting today, can anyone confirm the team changes, King for Milik and Robson for Porsing ? Have these changes been officially announced - absolutely nothing on the Poole or King's Lynn websites.

Were the original play off dates put back or not?. If they were he is not telling lies. You should know as you are the man for dates and figures. You probably know the tracks concerned.

By the way we are having a rain shower in Poole

No. The cut off date was always 22nd September.

quote directly from the rulebook.

17.1.2 The Play-Offs will incorporate the top 4 Teams in the Final League Table (cut-off 22nd Sept).
Edited by SCB

In which case he's a bigger twit that I previously thought.

I'm sure it was Matt Ford who Radio Norfolk were talking to. Either way, I'm not really sure that he's telling lies as such... The last EL fixture was Coventry v Wolverhampton on September 26th. When was the original league fixture completion date? I can't say I remember. Does anyone else remember when it was? Or have we all gone past caring?

Well said.

On the subject of fixtures I'm sure all promoters have to agree to it at the beginning of the season. It's a pity a few didn't voice their misgivings then, or do they only get concerned when they are getting flack.

However there are still 2 weeks left of this season so I fail to see what the panic is. Oh yes light bulb moment, it's so Sky can televise it and they dictate when.

Well hold on just a cotton picking minute is this the same Sky that are not going to show the third most important meeting of the season :mad: but will deign to show us key heats. Well Sky here's a bit of advice, rubbish happens sometimes and you have to take the rough with the smooth. You may have lost some dosh last week, but so did Matt Ford/Poole as no doubt did Coventry then and will again tomorrow if tonight does not go ahead. That's not to mention all the fans that have made the effort to travel etc. You just have to suck it up as they say.

That's part one of today's rant, no doubt I'll be back later :P

The sport needs the Sky money though... We'd probably be lost without it.

I'm sure it was Matt Ford who Radio Norfolk were talking to. Either way, I'm not really sure that he's telling lies as such... The last EL fixture was Coventry v Wolverhampton on September 26th. When was the original league fixture completion date? I can't say I remember. Does anyone else remember when it was? Or have we all gone past caring?

That meeting was after the cut-off date and didn't count. We knew that was going to be the case for about 4 weeks.

the cut off date was, as it always was, 22nd September. The meeting on Friday 26th September had no bearing on Matt Fords ability to run a meeting at Poole.

Mr Ford would make an excellent MP, has plenty to say about something that he thinks somebody else has done wrong, even though it has very little relevance to the issues he is facing, yet nothing at all about the fact that somebody who works for him created an unsafe track last Monday week through incompetence.

• Like 3

That meeting was after the cut-off date and didn't count. We knew that was going to be the case for about 4 weeks.

the cut off date was, as it always was, 22nd September. The meeting on Friday 26th September had no bearing on Matt Fords ability to run a meeting at Poole.

Just seen a previous reply of yours to someone else. Yes, I can see that now :t: You were already in the play offs at that stage anyway and Wolves were well out of contention so it was only ran after the cut off point to complete the fixture. I believe clubs get fined if they don't complete all fixtures before the season's end? So yeah, as you say, that fixture didn't count, so what is Mr Ford prattling on about then? As I said before, start the league much earlier in March and have an earlier date for league completion. I know there's the SGP in New Zealand to think about, but are there going to be that many GP riders over here racing next year? I doubt it.

Edited by em1500uk

No NZ GP next year anyway Em.

The sport needs the Sky money though... We'd probably be lost without it.

I'm not convinced of that to be honest. This mess is mainly down to Sky - they wanted play offs - they want it when they want it not when clubs will have their riders etc- then they don't even show one of the semis.

I'm old enough to remember speedway before Sky. We ran till Oct 31, we still can but that doesn't suit Sky. No thought for riders who have ridden all season, fans who travel, Coventry who can't promote the final properly or anyone else. I could go on but I'll jus get more angry. The whole thing is a farce.

The biggest farce is no one knows what wil happen if tonight does not happen cos Sky haven't decreed when they want it !!!

• Like 4

No NZ GP next year anyway Em.

No? There's not? Oh jesus :lol::oops: Right. I'll go crawl back into the hole I've just dug for myself!

Not necessarily..... there is an Aussie one in October instead so an earlier start will still be required! High time they tried to get the season wrapped up by the end of September.