British Speedway Forum

Yes but having Justin and/or Stevie rattling up Mega points for a few months gave us a great buffer and helped the team as a whole build confidence.

Remember that Max, Stevie & Justin have increased their averages by a huge amount and Sam has now upped his too and is challenging Cookie for the number 1 position. (Well on scores over the past couple of months anyway!)

• Like 1

<snip>

I would much prefer going for a strength in debt team next year.

LOL to the excellent (predictive) spelling typo.

An extra dynamic sort of rider (or two), and a more dynamic approach on track is required.

Does anyone else agree that the Witches consistently seem to miss that ability to finish-off a tough match?

LOL to the excellent (predictive) spelling typo.

An extra dynamic sort of rider (or two), and a more dynamic approach on track is required.

Does anyone else agree that the Witches consistently seem to miss that ability to finish-off a tough match?

The simple answer is yes, I think you'll find alot of Witches fans will agree.

The thing is we have a good team but not a great team and will always fall just short of that elusive silverware unless we learn to ride certain tracks better than we do currently, we need more riders who are prepared to dice with the safety fence to get that little bit of extra speed.

In a nutshell, Too many white line willy's !

Edited by Super Blue

If we dont keep Worrall , Gino , Heeps and Hawkins we must be crazy.

I also think Risager will stay due to the family connection.

Tungates time is up and i reckon he will end up elite league next year.

We need another big hitter up top. I would like to see Olly Allen though cant imagine it will happen and yes King is more likely.

2 newbies at reserve in my eyes.

Who does Sarjeant ride for?

All seems a bit harsh to be talking about dropping riders on the eve of a Cup Final!!

• Like 4

If we dont keep Worrall , Gino , Heeps and Hawkins we must be crazy.

I also think Risager will stay due to the family connection.

Tungates time is up and i reckon he will end up elite league next year.

We need another big hitter up top. I would like to see Olly Allen though cant imagine it will happen and yes King is more likely.

2 newbies at reserve in my eyes.

Who does Sarjeant ride for?

Are you talking about Olly (fell,ex, withdrawn) Allen ??? If so then no thanks, the guy is made of glass or something even more fragile! Far too injury prone to take a risk with IMO.

And to those that say talking about dropping riders this early, unfortunately thats the nature of threads like this and all about peoples opinions on who they would like to see in the starting lineup next year.

It's the way of the world I'm afraid.

Edit, on current average Scott Nicholls would be 11.76 in the PL by my calculation. A bit too high to take on board at this stage me thinks.

Edited by Super Blue

Not the way of everyone's world.

Some people have a better sense of timing.

I don't see equivalent threads about Somerset or Monarchs, even though everyone knows they will have to be changed heavily for next season.

But they still have trophies to contest this season.

Edited by TheScotsman
  • Like 1

Not the way of everyone's world.

Some people have a better sense of timing.

Why?

Do you think riders will read this forum and then not bother because people are saying they might not be here next year?

If they take on board what the fans on here think then they are a tad weak skinned.

Different story if one of the management start making noises but fans on here shouldnt affect any rider in the cup final

Would love Adam Ellis at Panthers next year if we run. Looked very impressive at the Showground, & will only get better in my opinion.

Who cares who we get next year.........(let this year finish first). Can't see it will be EL PL and NL as this year so??

Anyhow it will be the ones that

1. Fit into the budget

2. Fit into the team average.

3. Want to ride for the Witches.

• Like 4

If riders don't have motivation to do their best in a final of a competition and wouldn't feel loved because of what I am saying on here, then they need to find themselves a new job, and it would also explain why some riders don't have the mental ability to make it to the top of their chosen profession.

Who cares who we get next year.........(let this year finish first). Can't see it will be EL PL and NL as this year so??

Anyhow it will be the ones that

1. Fit into the budget

2. Fit into the team average.

3. Want to ride for the Witches.

I care.

• Like 1

If riders don't have motivation to do their best in a final of a competition and wouldn't feel loved because of what I am saying on here, then they need to find themselves a new job, and it would also explain why some riders don't have the mental ability to make it to the top of their chosen profession.

I care.

And thats the problem, you care more than the people that should......... :neutral:

• Like 1