British Speedway Forum
Falcon Hammer

2015 El Single Race Night Wednesday

Be careful what you wish for DTC - there may be some promoters listening!

Better still, If after 10 heats a team is 10 or more points behind, half of the points scored by the leading teams top rider is transfered to the trailing team thereby guaranteeing an instant closing of the gap and removing the risk that the rider in the B&W helmet fails to win the heat.

So a team leading by 10 with top guy scoring 9 would see their total reduced by 4.5 (rounded up to 5) and the losing team given 4.5 points rounded down to 4 (to be fair to the leading team) and thus now making the meeting a one point match...such excitement bound to get sky commentators go crazy with wows all over the place at such an instant fight back and no extra money for promoters to pay out.

• Like 2

easy answer - run on the night which is best for your club and your fans, sign the riders who can ride on that night, forget all about gp riders or other non British who can not commit.

And just ignore that both the EL and PL haven't enough riders to go around without them wanting and needing to double up??

Simplistic thought that just wont work sadly.

Well CVS is quoted (by SteveBrum I think - apologies if it was another poster) as saying at their fans forum that its been provisionally agreed to go for a 28-meeting fixture schedule, and that equates to 8 teams, home/away twice!!

I quoted the poster who made the post from the forum yes.

Be careful what you wish for DTC - there may be some promoters listening!

well, if that comes in then speedway is finished. One of, if not the worst statement i have ever read.