British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Birmingham Brummies 2015

Just looking at Lord of the Shale's avatar there....reminds me of my hope that the new regime gets rid of that "Philips Ring" from around the big red B. The set-up is very much "back to the future" so I hope that the race jacket will similarly be the original Red B on Yellow. NO SILLY RED RING around the B please.

So we still need to name a Number 8

Are there many West Midland based Midland Development League riders?

Plenty ... ;)

Plenty ... ;)

Really! To your knowledge how many, i dont see very many trying to make there way in the MDL. West Midlands, Coventry to the South East, Wolverhampton to the North West, Sutton Coldfield to the North East and Hagley to the South east; within that area which is the West Midlands county then i would say, very few MDL riders.

Edited by greyhoundp

i've noticed a few other clubs, Eastbourne, Mildenhall to name a couple have raised the money through appeals to fit out the riders with matching kevlars. Is this the case too for the brummies ?

I believe Eastbourne have had their race suit sponsored for 5 years and Connor Dugard set it out as a mission to make sure the professionalism from Elite League was brought down to the National Leauge - I recall him saying on facebook when a rider turns up in tatty scruffy kevlar it is a bad image for the club as well as this its one less cost (£600 for full kevlar suits) to worry about and can put into their equipment and help them out more money into their equipment. I don't think birmingham are doing this though I see mildenhall followed on the idea from Eastbourne and maybe coventry too.

i've noticed a few other clubs, Eastbourne, Mildenhall to name a couple have raised the money through appeals to fit out the riders with matching kevlars. Is this the case too for the brummies ?

Not only do The Brummies get good coverage in the Evening Mail & Sunday Mercury, but also they along with Cradley and Wolves get great coverage on Radio WM, i doubt Graham Drury would be looking for rider sponsorship, he is most likely to busy trying to get sponsorship of the Club itself.

Jonny, you could always contact the Newspaper yourself. and see if they would run an article on Adam, who knows what sponsorship you would get from it http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/ I have always found them to be very helpful when i have had dealings with them in years gone by. I am sure they would be only to happy to run a story on The new Brummie No1 and young British (albeit he is based in France) hopeful, if you dont ask you wont get.. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/ good luck i know any sponsorship he gets will be welcome.

I prefer riders to have their own individual race suits. It helps people identify a rider in each race.

And if reports are true that we are having a yellow race jacket with a LARGE RED B on it, they will stand out very well against the different coloured suits

Plus Birmingham can then follow the Heathens model of selling signed race jackets to help raise funds.

Hope WM carry on this year. Love to listen to their coverage.......they even make EL sound interesting

Quite embarrasing for birmingham their facebook page is so out of date.. How can you promote a new business when actually your own information is incorrect?

I quote "About

The Selco Birmingham Brummies are Birmingham's Speedway Team based at the Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium and compete in the British Elite League."

Selco - gone

Elite league - wrong

As a small business owner myself (not that im from the area) Im very put off by this and would take my advertising budget elsewhere. - I hope the management see my post and act on it before any one else sees their error.

Can someone please clear up, for the benefit of those about to get confused, what's going on with the Brummies presence on Facebook?

We have this Page (all about "Sky Sports Elite League Speedway team the Birmingham Brummies") - https://www.facebook.com/BirminghamBrummies?fref=ts

Then there's this "Official" Page - claiming that "The Selco Birmingham Brummies are Birmingham's Speedway Team based at the Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium and compete in the British Elite League"

...and this even more "Official" Page - - and on this one in the thread about this being the "ONLY" official page we see a contribution from the owner of the Brummies Fans Forum arguing over the "ownership" of the club - like it doesn't belong to Tony Mole, or something.

What is going on? C'mon guys, sort it out. Birmingham Speedway is in the Last Chance Saloon, it doesn't need this.

Edited by uk martin

There's a note about this in the Brummies Forum.

There's a note about this in the Brummies Forum.

Well bully for the slack handfull of Brummies Forum users. I take it that the rest of the world including newcomers to speedway can go and swivel then?

Instead of posting messages why not get on and sort the problem out?