British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
orion

Who Will Pick Who ?

Exactly as Orion said. The clubs have the choice in this instance, not the rider.

Blackbird refusing to go to Leicester would make a mockery of the Draft system and would only mean him being removed from the Draft thus penalising his own progress.

Rider power usually sees them getting their own way 90% of the time, not in this instance.

Plain common sence,there has to be give and take on both sides.

Ok,let them not be in the draft.

Back to square one.Not enough good Grade A riders to satisfy demand if thats youre answer.

• Like 1

riders can't be forced - there are emplyment laws - plus who would want a rider who doesn't want to be there

riders can't be forced - there are emplyment laws - plus who would want a rider who doesn't want to be there

They are not being forced. They sign a contract when joining the draft and accept they will ride for whoever picks them.

• Like 3

No one has been forced ....they signed up to the rules of the draft . if you don't want to be in the draft then don't go in it . Just like if you got offered a job that might meaning your working away from home you have a choice to take it or not .

Back to square one.Not enough good Grade A riders to satisfy demand if thats youre answer.

But there is ...and all . of those have sign up knowing the rules .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Then it's not a draft! They aren't forced - they sign up to the rules - if they don't like them then don't sign and don't ride - SIMPLES!

• Like 1

Then it's not a draft! They aren't forced - they sign up to the rules - if they don't like them then don't sign and don't ride - SIMPLES!

What are the rules??? what rules have the riders been asked to join????

Question. 1 Would Newman sign up for the draft if he thought he was riding somewhere else, But he knew he would be riding for Poole.?

Did he sign up to the draft rules.........or did he sign up to join Poole???

Question 2 ; Would Kerr approach the draft system differently if (a) he know he was riding for Lynn or ( B) not knowing where he would be riding . Each rider has a different agenda,,,,

So you saying they are the draft rules, but every rider has a different take on exactly what the rules are.............

You've only got to have 4 riders from pot (a) to say sod you and the whole system is doomed. And them draft rules will mean nothing..........

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 2

What are the rules??? what rules have the riders been asked to join????

Question. 1 Would Newman sign up for the draft if he thought he was riding somewhere else, But he knew he would be riding for Poole.?

Did he sign up to the draft rules.........or did he sign up to join Poole???

Question 2 ; Would Kerr approach the draft system differently if (a) he know he was riding for Lynn or ( B) not knowing where he would be riding . Each rider has a different agenda,,,,

So you saying they are the draft rules, but every rider has a different take on exactly what the rules are.............

You've only got to have 4 riders from pot (a) to say sod you and the whole system is doomed. And them draft rules will mean nothing..........

I don't think you quite get it! It is a draft - there are rules - riders sign up to those rules and then they get picked! If they don't go to the team who picked them they are out of the draft! If too many riders drop out then there is no draft!

• Like 1

Why would it be doomed ? just bring 4 riders from pot b and it will be the same as last year ..a draft that you loved by the way ..not sure what has change your mind in a season ..who could forget last year when you could not care less as your team had two good draft riders .

Edited by orion

Employment laws are not applicable to self employed Speedway riders.

Edited by WembleyLion

There should not be give an take on both sides!!

Imagine how some riders/clubs will use that to get exactly what they want! :nono:

Its pretty simple. Riders sign up to the draft, they know that as a draft they wont know who picks them.

If a rider has a problem with one club picking him then he doesn't go on the draft. Simple. Only that rider is penalising himself for missing EL experience. Nobody else. I assume that the club also is equally vexed with the rider so wouldn't pick them anyway.

Some really are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

• Like 1

Riders can express an opinion and it is likely that the eight teams will have had some conversation with the Grade A riders and promoters should have an idea of who they want and the riders that would be happy to come.

Kyle Newman and Lewis Kerr may well have gone in the system knowing thee are protected and don't want to ride elsewhere but Jason Garrity may be different and there has been rumours he doesn't want to be protected ?

Could he get the move to Wolves after all ?

• Like 1

I don't think you quite get it! It is a draft - there are rules - riders sign up to those rules and then they get picked! If they don't go to the team who picked them they are out of the draft! If too many riders drop out then there is no draft!

A draft can mean many things, A bank payment, a first design , a initial thought, or in this case, the idea of a draft is to group riders into a common ground for a fair and certain purpose. So yes I'm quite aware what a Draft is .

The whole idea of the FTR system is to promote new , young , talented, British riders along the path of world speedway. This system does not need to be done on a draft basis, but this is the way that BSPA choose, for it to be done. Once clubs are allowed to protect SOME riders, then the idea of a draft is defeated. It then becomes unfair

I am troubled to see the logic behind this Draft idea, Its not done for the good of the riders, It's most certainly not done for the good of the sport , Its not done with the spectators in mind, The clubs that have their own FTR assets don't want it, the only benefit it offers is to the clubs that have sat about and done nothing. And there the ones that don't deserve to be helped.....

Why would it be doomed ? just bring 4 riders from pot b and it will be the same as last year ..a draft that you loved by the way ..not sure what has change your mind in a season ..who could forget last year when you could not care less as your team had two good draft riders .

I have to correct you there. I have always agreed with the FTR. To me that's a massive step forward.

But I would never agree with a DRAFT selection process , All it will ever do is give benefits, to the people or clubs who do nothing.

• Like 1

Always amazes me that Kings Lynn are so pro the draft which is fair enough but would they be able to do as much if they didn't loan heat leaders season after season.

A draft can mean many things, A bank payment, a first design , a initial thought, or in this case, the idea of a draft is to group riders into a common ground for a fair and certain purpose. So yes I'm quite aware what a Draft is .

The whole idea of the FTR system is to promote new , young , talented, British riders along the path of world speedway. This system does not need to be done on a draft basis, but this is the way that BSPA choose, for it to be done. Once clubs are allowed to protect SOME riders, then the idea of a draft is defeated. It then becomes unfair

I am troubled to see the logic behind this Draft idea, Its not done for the good of the riders, It's most certainly not done for the good of the sport , Its not done with the spectators in mind, The clubs that have their own FTR assets don't want it, the only benefit it offers is to the clubs that have sat about and done nothing. And there the ones that don't deserve to be helped.....

I have to correct you there. I have always agreed with the FTR. To me that's a massive step forward.

But I would never agree with a DRAFT selection process , All it will ever do is give benefits, to the people or clubs who do nothing.

A bit like loaning heat leaders benefits Kings Lynn as they never purchase any top riders so can't have it both ways.

• Like 4

Wrong on all points ...the draft system in the main is to save money nearly everyone knows that . The only thing you ever care about is what suits your own side .

It's a massive advantage to have you own assets as KL and Poole showed last year as you get first picks and that's why they came first and second in the table . Not sure what advantage teams with no with no ftr get over the others who have .

But that wasn't the whole idea, was it?? It was to reduce costs for (some) EL clubs!!

• Like 1