British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Warsaw Gp Saturday 18th April

Well, just devoured my Speedway Star online.

My thoughts to start the ball rolling are

No cover up of the humiliating disaster that was Saturday night. Peter Oakes gives a pretty comprehensive two-page resume of the unfolding nightmare.
Some criticism of BSI and their response, and non existent crisis management. They will have 'get their act together' in the main.

But it generally looks like Ole will be carrying the can, pretty much on his own.

Philip Rising, and others, cover the same ground with undoubted exasperation.

The dopey set of officials are one by one exonerated by the Star.

And the riders are getting off scot-free. Being actually praised for their behaviour.
On more than one occasion in fact.

Utterly dreadful

This quote from Pedersen.

"But on the night, there were 18 riders who didn't want to ride and that's a very good thing for speedway"

That must be one of the must disgusting quotes of any Speedway rider in the history of the sport.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 8

This quote from Pedersen.

"But on the night, there were 18 riders who didn't want to ride and that's a very good thing for speedway"

That must be one of the must disgusting quotes of any Speedway rider in the history of the sport.

Also on the night there were 55,000 spectators who dont want anything to do with the sport anymore, is that another good thing Nicki?

What a wally

• Like 2

Cant believe this thread is still running?

Its obvious as to why the meeting was stopped yet some still cant or refuse to see it.

The riders are simply a disgrace to the sport for getting it stopped

I truly believe if we had no isue with the starting gate the meeting would have carried on.

Look at the reports form Lynn where quite clearly riders were lifting after hitting a rut and losing positions. This is sppedway not riding round on a billiard table. Cant see anybody saying that Lynn should have been called off.

As i say i await to see what happens at Cardiff as that notoriously cuts up pretty badly. I can name plenty of incidents at Cardiff where the track has caused problems. Anyone remember Crump collecting 2 ruts on the last corner AND straight and he bounced off the fence almost collecting Nicholls?

This is a hard and dangerous sport and we are grateful thes boys put on a show for us, but do we all want to see follow my leader on nice smooth slick tracks?

Im sure the riders of yester year, Collins , Morton even more recently Loram, are finding the whole thing quite pathetic

• Like 4

As i say i await to see what happens at Cardiff as that notoriously cuts up pretty badly. I can name plenty of incidents at Cardiff where the track has caused problems.

Yes, but maybe the riders have tired of riding on dodgy surfaces at the sport's premier event. You wouldn't ask England cricketers to play a test match on a rutted wicket, even though it might be tolerated in a county or club game.

• Like 6

Yes, but maybe the riders have tired of riding on dodgy surfaces at the sport's premier event. You wouldn't ask England cricketers to play a test match on a rutted wicket, even though it might be tolerated in a county or club game.

As the test match in Antigua against England abandoned in 2009 after 10 balls will testify.

• Like 3

The 18 SGP riders should be ashamed of themselves ! had better opinions of some of them than they have reacted (or rather not reacted !).

Treating the people (us fans) with contempt !

Time for the SEC to bring on a championship of integrity and honest riders for the fans to appreciate.

(Only hope for a packed new Belle Vue in 2016 to rival Cardiff and their inferior championship)

plus hopefully Lawrence, Steele have picked up their last pay cheques from their involvement in Speedway - well, at least being associated as being English

bring on my suspension from speedway-forum for having a go at the "establishment "

Cardiff is a tourist party weekend with a speedway meeting thrown in. cant see Gorton being quite the same somehow , so it will be back to ,take their money get them in and out as fast as possible , frankly if thats whats on offer I'm Out

Edited by speedibee

Depends if it was dangerous or not.

As the test match in Antigua against England abandoned in 2009 after 10 balls will testify.

Any game of cricket wouldn't continue on that surface or outfield. County's get fined for poor wickets in County cricket

FA Cup finals were played on a less than ideal playing surface when Wembley was rebuilt. You are not always going to get perfect conditions in any sport at any level. Dangerous then yes abandon it, abandoning it because it's not ideal is just the completely the wrong mindset.

Edited by woz01

Cricket can afford to abandon a showpiece event ,because people are prepared to throw money at the pathetic borefest .. speedway does not have the same luxury , the government and banks weren't paying the riders to be there on Saturday. The people who they let down were ,, I don't have a problem if Nicki Pedersen thinks it's dangerous and doesn't want to ride , let him pack his clobber and go home , but he wasn't going to do that ,Him and some others wanted all the riders to call it off so they all lost points . but it didn't work out like that ,Thank god and they still lost out . not quite as much as people who had bought tickets Air flights and hotels though. and not nearly as much as speedway itself lost out .

If anybody fancies trying their luck and asking questions of one of the key figures on Saturday, Tony Steele will be the guest of the NSSC next Tuesday 28th April at 8pm.

Everybody welcome. £3 for non-members. All proceeds go to help the British Young Lions (Under 16's).

Please note our new venue, just off M6 Junction 2; http://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk/directions/

Utterly incomparable and irrelevant.

If anybody fancies trying their luck and asking questions of one of the key figures on Saturday, Tony Steele will be the guest of the NSSC next Tuesday 28th April at 8pm.

Everybody welcome. £3 for non-members. All proceeds go to help the British Young Lions (Under 16's).

Please note our new venue, just off M6 Junction 2; http://www.nuneatonspeedwaysupportersclub.co.uk/directions/

Probly more chance of getting a straight answer from a politician.

• Like 1

'Was he born with no testicles or did he have them surgically removed?'

Well, just devoured my Speedway Star online.

The dopey set of officials are one by one exonerated by the Star.

Oh my word, Speedwáy Star in refusing to blame officials shock. Theres a surprise.

• Like 2

'Was he born with no testicles or did he have them surgically removed?'

he's always been a useless ninny , I still havent forgot his catastophic mistake refereeing at Belle vue Which cost the aces the match ,, then the stupid Ninny goes and apologises to John Perrin for it .

Depends if it was dangerous or not.Any game of cricket wouldn't continue on that surface or outfield. County's get fined for poor wickets in County cricket

FA Cup finals were played on a less than ideal playing surface when Wembley was rebuilt. You are not always going to get perfect conditions in any sport at any level. Dangerous then yes abandon it, abandoning it because it's not ideal is just the completely the wrong mindset.

The difficulty is where to you draw the border line between "not ideal" and dangerous.

I remember years ago in another area of motorcycling the organisers dismissed complaints of an unsafe track at Monza. The riders went out to give a full throttle show and the result was two dead and twelve injured.