British Speedway Forum

Does nobody care? It seems Adrian Miedzinski doesn't as he's already withdrawn :D He's replaced by Nick Morris. Other than that it's every teams top 2.

Tracks too hit and miss to predict a winner. But I'll go with Doyle and Puk to make the final.

Adrien Miedinski has his testimonial in Poland so probably deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one.

• Like 3

So if it's the top two from each club, Wolves will have Fredrik Lindgren and Tobiasz Museliak. Freddie hasn't ridden here since 2013 and Tobiasz will line up in Wolves colours having never ridden for the club !!

May have been tempted to go to this but at £25 plus £4 a programme and £20 expenses thats £50 for an event that should be to celebrate those that have done well that season.

Predict the final will be Jason Doyle and the three fastest gaters !!

Edited by T.N.T.
  • Like 1

I'm not going. £25 is a rip off. They do it every year and every year I decide not to go. In the past, people have shown a cost-by-heat breakdown to demonstrate that there is little difference in terms of cost per heat between this meeting and an EL meeting. However, there comes a cut-off price as to what constitutes value and being ripped off. That cost has little to do with the number of heats and more to do with the intrinsic value of the event. No Elite League event in this country is worth £25 a ticket. The show is not worth £25, the facilities in the stadiums are not worth £25, the atmosphere will not be worth £25 and the riders are not of a high enough standard to be worth £25.

We're going up to Sheffield the next day for the Ricky Ashworth meeting instead. A more deserving cause. Good line up. Far superior racing track.

And, to be honest, an entrance fee which doesn't assume the paying customer is a total mug (although if any Speedway meeting was worth paying £25 for, it's this one).

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 7

1. Mikkel Bech

2. Niels Kristian Iversen

3. Bjarne Pedersen

4. Kenneth Bjerre

5. Matej Zagar

6. Scott Nicholls

7. Andreas Jonsson

8. Jason Doyle

9. Chris Holder

10. Freddie Lindgren

11. Troy Batchelor

12. Chris Harris

13. TBC (Poole Rider)

14. Nick Morris

15. Hans Andersen

16. Jacob Thorssell

That's the line-up and riding order as of today but what will it be on the day. Number 13 will be whoever Poole sign as their 2nd highest average rider.

Ideally I would like to go to this, but I'll be at Lakeside the day before for Lee's meeting and Sheffield the day after for Ricky's.

The line up looks good, and Lakeside actually have 2 riders who are likely to give it a go this year - but I do agree with comments that the price is a bit steep. I've only been to Leicester for the Ben Fund last year but I seem to remember that the presentation wasn't too bad.

In the days of the BLRC which came near the end of the season, showcasing the top riders actually in form for that season, the event drew coach-loads of fans from all across the country...me included.

A pre-season event based on last year's averages, with race-rusty riders and non-attendees is no substitute I feel.

• Like 5

£29 millennium stadium, Cardiff.

£19 national stadium, Warsaw.

£25 Leicester.

No thanks

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 4

Ideally I would like to go to this, but I'll be at Lakeside the day before for Lee's meeting and Sheffield the day after for Ricky's.

The line up looks good, and Lakeside actually have 2 riders who are likely to give it a go this year - but I do agree with comments that the price is a bit steep. I've only been to Leicester for the Ben Fund last year but I seem to remember that the presentation wasn't too bad.

Hope to get to both meetings you're going to Mjolnir and most certainly will be at Lee's. The other two depend upon me being able to obtain lifts to & from Dartford area in exchange for suitable fuel contribution and (I hope!) providing some lively chat! ;)

• Like 1

Hope to get to both meetings you're going to Mjolnir and most certainly will be at Lee's. The other two depend upon me being able to obtain lifts to & from Dartford area in exchange for suitable fuel contribution and (I hope!) providing some lively chat! ;)

I would offer a lift to Sheffield, but I'm making a bit of a trip of it so I'll be going up early and staying up there while visiting other places. I hope you can sort something out though Bryn :)

• Like 1

£29 millennium stadium, Cardiff.

£19 national stadium, Warsaw.

£25 Leicester.

No thanks

This is not Leicesters choice/decision, Leicester are merely hosts for the event and have no input on the admission prices for this event.. So please don't have a go at Leicester over this issue... Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

This is not Leicesters choice/decision, Leicester are merely hosts for the event and have no input on the admission prices for this event.. So please don't have a go at Leicester over this issue...

Where did I have a go at Leicester and where did I state they were responsible for the price?

£25 is way too much in my opinion and I won't be going regardless of who set the price.

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

May have been tempted to go to this but at £25 plus £4 a programme and £20 expenses thats £50 for an event that should be to celebrate those that have done well that season.

Based on the entrance fee that also rules me out, I do not understand the thinking from the BSPA assuming it is them who organise these events, pricing is key, comparisons rightly or wrongly will be made against venue. To my mind, £20 might be more palatable given the normal admission price of say £17.

This should be the event of last year, I could understand the rationale for opening with a big meeting but being labelled as the ELRC detracts from what the occasion / entry criteria is based on. The other persuader, location, no disrespect to Leicester, it a very much a trappers track, that to me is another nail in the decision making process.

In summary, this event has little appeal for me as a neutral, this just isn't marketed correctly.

• Like 1

BEL £17 = 4 x heatleaders

ELRC £25 = 13 x heatleaders