British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Plenty of modern single cylinder engines rev over 13000rpm with no problems.

Sure they do, but we are talking about Speedway engines and those do not.

Isn't that the point when we are talking about the Gerhard engine? Better engineering supposedly makes it more reliable and comparable to mainstream engines.

See a few GTR engines have been put up for sale and going back to their GMs

See a few GTR engines have been put up for sale and going back to their GMs

when you say a few what do you mean by a few 5 10 15? or maybe the odd 1 or 2.

Some riders are still testing both, I see Paul Hurry has one now. There are some posters who seem to dig out anything not 100% positive about GTRs. On the whole the number of GTR users is increasing.

Probably two, and they were both juniors asking quite high prices for their used engines.

Some riders are still testing both, I see Paul Hurry has one now. There are some posters who seem to dig out anything not 100% positive about GTRs. On the whole the number of GTR users is increasing.

I cant agree more with what you say some posters look on speedway for sale sites on facebook see a couple for sale and come to the conclusion its all down hill for the GTR.i see woffy has one now,when where and if he decides to use it will be interesting.

• Like 2

One decision I don't understand is why gerhard made them twin cam instead of single cam , history tells you twin cams are very hit and miss on speedway , I believe if he had made it single cam you would see a lot more use of them but either waty can speedway afford the GTR to fail ?and I'm talking about the sport in general not what the bspa has riding on it

The engine paul was testing belongs to Kelvin Tatum he has had some of the lakeside riders try it to see how it goes A few other riders are trying the ones the belong to the BSPA I know of a good few that have tried the loan ones but don't seem to get to grips with it it's either a hit or miss and there are a few Junior riders buying them just for the saving on maintainance which might help in the long run giving them time to get it working for them

Edited by mac101

saw my first tuned one last night , it's been fettled and had different camshafts, and so it continues .............

saw my first tuned one last night , it's been fettled and had different camshafts, and so it continues .............

If you buy an unsealed one (more expensive) you can do whatever you like with it. The sealed ones are already tuned and come with a warranty that is broken if the seal is.

The sealed ones are already tuned and come with a warranty that is broken if the seal is.

And for the full circle on this, isnt there just one GTR engine, same spec allround???

Thought the seal is there just that it can be reqocnised as a bspa special prized. Or something like that.

The sealed ones are already tuned and come with a warranty that is broken if the seal is.

And for the full circle on this, isnt there just one GTR engine, same spec allround???

Thought the seal is there just that it can be reqocnised as a bspa special prized. Or something like that.

a camshaft is a common component to change in a speedway engine, different cams suit different riders I wouldn't read too much into that how do you know it had been tuned and by who?

The 'seal' allows the warranty, if you don't care you can break the seal and do what you will, there have been unsealed ones on sale for two or more years.