British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Ipswich V Newcastle Premier League Thursday 11th June 2015

Presume the reason for Rosen not taking the R/R ride was fitness. Perhaps he was feeling his injury and being saved for heat 14.

Great and totally unexpected win for the Diamonds. Good all round display but what a difference it makes when your number 1 bangs in 14. Great display from Lewis Kerr.

Anton has had a long lay off. It makes sense to bring him back to Match fitness cautiously.

A terrific Result at Ippo - CONGRATULATIONS to all involved.

Well done Diamonds shame didnt get all 4 points but still fantastic win which i wasnt expecting. Also good to see everbody contribute with points nicely shared out and plenty of race wins. Obviousely lot more points needed home and away to challenge top 6 but its a start and hopefully a full 7 for a change on sunday.

Well done to the diamonds. I didn't have them down as a very good team before the season started. I didn't have ipswich down as one either. Looks like the diamonds proving me wrong.

I wasn't there tonight. so can anyone that was tell me was giving lanham the black and white the right move by the manager or should he have waited a race and gave it to our best rider on the nigh? Going by updates it looks like nico would have been a better choice, even more so when you Tungate in that race as well.

What is going wrong with Ipswich? Foolhardy to run tonight! Struggling team! Poor management decisions and fans drifting away at an alarming rate. Where do they go from here or is it just the sport in general? After many years of being a supporter starting with Rayleigh in 1969 It really is at an all time low and it is going to be difficult to recover. A huge revamp is needed because as it stands speedway is dead in the water in the uk. Promoters really need to stop burying heads in the sand, wake up. Fans have finally had enough and they should stop taking the proverbial. Either stop pretending and run it as an amateur past time or get professional

• Like 4

First of all credit to the Diamonds - sharp out the starts and when needed calm and clever to pick off the odd pass.

As for the Witches - Nico super again and head and shoulders our man of the match.

Rohan actually fought hard and scored quite well but was beaten by all the visiting top 3 which for a home rider averaging about a point more than any of them isnt what you need. However this only stands out because none of the rest really even deserve to be mentioned.

Missed Danny big time - with him we would likely have covered for the general woefulness.

Cook one one ride aside didnt really look that interested. That one win was as good as his heat 1 effort was bad.

Re Leigh on the t/r. Can see why went with it given at that point it didnt look like we would challenge any of their top 3. Leigh looked like getting there at first but a small slip mid first bend meant he dropped to second. The danger was we got a 4-2 and missed the chance to use it.

Not going to bother with the usual ins and outs of tonight , one word sums it up .

" SH1TE "

• Like 4

Well, that was an interesting first attempt at texting. If anybody thinks it's easy I can assure you it isn't and hats off to Sue and all the other regular texters.

The Witches really were pretty poor tonight and the Diamonds fully deserved the victory out gating the Witches for the first half of the meeting. I thought Kerr was particularly impressive with solid support from the rest of the team.

For the Witches, Covatti gave 100% as usual chasing around the boards whenever he was behind. I just can't make my mind up about Tungate. On the face of it a solid 11 points but never really threatening when behind. Cook was poor and struggled out of the gate all night, embarrassingly so in heat 1. Lanham contributed to a degree and unfortunately both reserves struggled and were poor.

Finally, I am sure that being a team manager is not an easy job but I really didn't understand giving Lanham the T/R with Covatti and Tungate in the next heat.

• Like 1

Any chance of changes to maybe improve our chances of reaching play offs? Where would we be if nico hadn't have turned out as good as he has?

it's not very often I miss meetings, but looks like it was a good choice tonight. What's worrying is I didn't miss it one little bit

Edited by CWABH the idiot

Cook not a good replacement tonight. Feel if Danny had been there Witches would have won....(poss also Gino!). Nico a great signing!!

• Like 1

Didnt attend tonight due to work commitments. Even so, to lose in that manner will make me along with many others to keep money in pocket.

When Ipswich are ready to challenge and entettain me for £16, I'll be back. Uunti them I'll save me money!

After it took me 2 hours to do 30miles to get to Foxhall as the A12 was shut I wondered why I bothered after a performance like that. Only Nico came out with any credit. Someone told me that Cooky turned up with only one bike, if that is true it shows like his performance that he wasn't that bothered. Should've got Masters instead. Can't believe someone stated earlier in this thread that Cook and Lanham made us stronger, not a chance.

Well done to Newcastle who were the better team on the night.

Couldn't believe Phil put the tactical on Leigh Lanham in heat 8 like a lot of people around me. Lanham is having a good season but still is sh1te around Foxhall, only got guest booking as he is local and cheap IMO as his performance when Somerset visited was useless. Should have waited a race and put it on Nico who was on the only one showing some fight and with Tungate in the race a much better chance of getting a result than with Lanham and one of our reserves, but with only 4 heat winners at home you are never going to win. Changes need to be made before it is too late.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 1

It would be surprising if 'Agent Cook' only brought one bike for a guest booking, considering that he would travel in a van that could comfortably accommodate 2 bikes.

Possibly the issue is that Craig is struggling for form/consistency this season compared to last?

I'm not saying he didn't turn up with only 1 bike, but that it's surprising a strong PL heat leader would come to a meeting with only 1 bike unless his spare needed too much work...

We had the same thing when we had Richard Lawson guesting and he only had one bike. It's just not very professional.

• Like 1