British Speedway Forum

Because if they announce it while the regulars are at the meeting, the people at home will get on the phone and book the hotels for next year leaving those in the stadium buggered for next year!

Anyway, ask the hotels what date it's going to be. They all know in advance when the big events are going to be.

I totally agree. But the reason why its a 5pm start is to give people the choice, to either stay and pay the vastly inflated prices or go home. If you stay then your credit card must have more money in it than sense, and good luck to you paying it off.

I totally agree. But the reason why its a 5pm start is to give people the choice, to either stay and pay the vastly inflated prices or go home. If you stay then your credit card must have more money in it than sense, and good luck to you paying it off.

Fair point, but for people like me going to Cardiff and back is a no go, I would love to go but hotels in and around Cardiff and ticket prices are just plain crazy.

Fair point, but for people like me going to Cardiff and back is a no go, I would love to go but hotels in and around Cardiff and ticket prices are just plain crazy.

Exactly, but if those want to do it as i said it is there perogative, they have that choice.

But you could always travel 20 miles away from Cardiff and get a reasonable price room.

We asked this morning at reception and was told they didn't know the date for next year as we do every year.We choose to stay for the weekend because we enjoy doing that and its too far to travel for the day.An announcement could be made in the stadium before the end of the meeting.It doesn't have to go out live on tv.

But you could always travel 20 miles away from Cardiff and get a reasonable price room.

Weve tried that and there not all that reasonable,then you have to taxi into Cardiff and back to the hotel.

We asked this morning at reception and was told they didn't know the date for next year as we do every year.We choose to stay for the weekend because we enjoy doing that and its too far to travel for the day.An announcement could be made in the stadium before the end of the meeting.It doesn't have to go out live on tv.

Weve tried that and there not all that reasonable,then you have to taxi into Cardiff and back to the hotel.

But they are hardly going to tell you before an official anouncement is made. Then if you want to get on the phone and pay there vastly inflated prices thats your perogative. The 5pm start gives people the choice.

I don't get people who do this. If you want to go to Cardiff, go to Cardiff. As soon as you're having to get in a car at the end of the night and drive somewhere, you may as well drive home.

I don't get people who do this. If you want to go to Cardiff, go to Cardiff. As soon as you're having to get in a car at the end of the night and drive somewhere, you may as well drive home.

Some may after a long day if they have a couple of hundred mile trip. Plenty of options north or east of Cardiff, or even get a train to Newport or Bristol if the prices in Cardiff are too high.

Yes your right, and I have looked at staying in Bristol in previous year, then travelling over for the GP. But I agree with SCB, if your going to go to Cardiff, go to Cardiff, and that is where it stops me, crazy hotel prices. Hopefully next year might be different.

• Like 1

But they are hardly going to tell you before an official anouncement is made. Then if you want to get on the phone and pay there vastly inflated prices thats your perogative. The 5pm start gives people the choice.

Correct ,that's our prerogative and we like to stay and make a weekend out of it and we have to pay the inflated prices which are ridiculous but that's what it is.If you want to travel then travel.My gripe is why cant we rebook when we check out,its bloody stupid paying your bill while your there then ringing up the same person the next day.Wheres the sense in that.?

Yes your right, and I have looked at staying in Bristol in previous year, then travelling over for the GP. But I agree with SCB, if your going to go to Cardiff, go to Cardiff, and that is where it stops me, crazy hotel prices. Hopefully next year might be different.

But the Hotel prices won't be sadly.

Correct ,that's our prerogative and we like to stay and make a weekend out of it and we have to pay the inflated prices which are ridiculous but that's what it is.If you want to travel then travel.My gripe is why cant we rebook when we check out,its bloody stupid paying your bill while your there then ringing up the same person the next day.Wheres the sense in that.?

As i said, read my previous post.

But the Hotel prices won't be sadly.

As i said, read my previous post.

Which will probably stop me going next year, sad because I`d love to go. I found it much cheaper to go to Prague, but might fancy going to Warsaw next year as you can bet they will pull out all the stops to avoid the fiasco of this year GP.

had a problem trying to book the best seats early last year. The on-line seating plan would not allow me to select specific seats within a block,

Can anyone advise me of the best telephone no. to use?

Why use hotels when you can camp for a more reasonable price not that far away from the centre of Cardiff...............we stayed at the Marconi campsite at Lavernock point for the weekend and it cost £40 for the two of us including electric hook up for the motor home..............(thinks small one)

You don't have to spend a fortune to do Cardiff..............

RP

• Like 1