British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Odds On

Chris Harris.

Maybe because he's the only one whos shown any interest in using one so far? And if he did get a good result it would stand out more than it would for a rider expected to do well anyway.

You may be right, but the attention he is providing with him at the moment, would be best avoided, I would have thought.

Desperately trying to persuade one of the slowest riders in the field to try your engine.

And failing to get him to do so, publicly, even when you offer him 'inducement'.

That is not good PR AND wastes valuable time on moving forward with the project.

Surely this will be the last time he gets the offer?

Perhaps its a case of go with the slowest and if he has no joy, not the engines fault, he's always like that.... but if he starts doing well.....

Possibly, of course.

But then again. 'Its Bomber' people will say.

There is always the possibility of him 'pulling one out of the fire'

That's just him, isn't it?

That's why he gets so many people putting a sly EW bet on him at GPs.

No matter what engine, we are always living in hope.

Edited by Grand Central

Why do people continually feel the need to have a pop at Chris Harris?

The guy is a 100% trier but because he isnt as good as Tai people lay into him.

He has deserved his place in the gp he is nevr going to be top 6, unlikely to be top 8 but thats the level he is now.

He is 6 points off the top 8.

He is just behind the new golden boy Janowski

He is ahead of the current world number 2

He is ahead of Batchelor who scored double what Harris did last year.

He is at his level and that is in the worlds top 15 or so

Gods sake give the guy a break!

I was the original poster and in no way was this meant to be a pop, far from it.

Why do you think he was so poor and slow at Cardiff?

You must have some thoughts.

Because that is his level!

He isnt likely to make many top 8's he isnt good enough.

He should get 6 or 7 most gp's. He may get 9 in one of them and 4 in another.

Why is there no thread saying how poor was Kasprzak, Janowski , Jonsson and Batchelor at Cardiff?

They are all (in my opinion) better riders at Harris yet they scored less than he did!!

Why is there always a thread were people end up having a dig at Harris, and no im not a Coventry fan either

Hi Gavan

My post just above yours was aimed at Odds On. He originated the thread by asking the question "Why do you think he was so poor and slow at Cardiff ?"

I was asking Odds On what his thoughts were.

I would love to have seen live the GP at Cardiff that he, CH, won. i have seen the You Tube version and it looked a brilliant pass.

Why do you think he was so poor and slow at Cardiff?

You must have some thoughts.

jesus Christ, I asked a genuine question.

Because that is his level!

He isnt likely to make many top 8's he isnt good enough.

He should get 6 or 7 most gp's. He may get 9 in one of them and 4 in another.

Why is there no thread saying how poor was Kasprzak, Janowski , Jonsson and Batchelor at Cardiff?

They are all (in my opinion) better riders at Harris yet they scored less than he did!!

Why is there always a thread were people end up having a dig at Harris, and no im not a Coventry fan either

err because Im a Bomber fan, whats the big problem with me asking a question about one of my favourite riders?

err because Im a Bomber fan, whats the big problem with me asking a question about one of my favourite riders?

i havent said its a problam but why do you think or expect him to do any better?

Absolutely no problem you asking, but you may have an opinion yourself as to why he was so slow, and it would be nice of you to share it if you have. No big deal.

In the WTC his gating was better than usual so was that to do with the characteristics of the GTR or just a burst of enthusiasm for the new project?

Harris is an entertaining rider,but true World Class he is not.End off.He is riding at his level for the last few seasons.The engine carry -on is his business .IMO.but he seems to lack something in the mechanical knowledge so perhaps he should be interested in such a project.Only my opinion.

Harris is an entertaining rider,but true World Class he is not.End off.He is riding at his level for the last few seasons.The engine carry -on is his business .IMO.but he seems to lack something in the mechanical knowledge so perhaps he should be interested in such a project.Only my opinion.

spot on. wish people would stop banging on about his form.

A few years back he won in Cardiif and i believe was world number 6. That was his pinnicle.

He is now no better than say 14th in the gp but is ahead of riders he shouldnt be

6th, at the end of a GP series or 14th. for that matter does not make anyone world number 6, 14 etc.. if that series is lacking Emil and Grigorij to name but 2. Because of wildcards, only 3 progressing from the challenge, external politics etc. the GP series is not made up of the world.s top 16 riders.

Yes. I know the old system did not necessarily mean the top 16 getting to Wembley, but at least more than 15 riders had the chance to become world champion in any given year.

I like and admire Bomber very much and regret the bomber-bashing that some on here are prone to BUT, under the old system I doubt he would have made many World Finals. That said, he can only beat the riders put up against him, which he did to earn his place so good luck to him.

6th, at the end of a GP series or 14th. for that matter does not make anyone world number 6, 14 etc.. if that series is lacking Emil and Grigorij to name but 2. Because of wildcards, only 3 progressing from the challenge, external politics etc. the GP series is not made up of the world.s top 16 riders.

Yes. I know the old system did not necessarily mean the top 16 getting to Wembley, but at least more than 15 riders had the chance to become world champion in any given year.

I like and admire Bomber very much and regret the bomber-bashing that some on here are prone to BUT, under the old system I doubt he would have made many World Finals. That said, he can only beat the riders put up against him, which he did to earn his place so good luck to him.

What other motorsport World Championship has an open qualification system (albeit it with only 11 spaces)? Most are just the man (or woman) who pays the most or whos team pays the most.

That's why I liked the old system...open to all :cheers:

• Like 1

That's why I liked the old system...open to all :cheers:

In some ways I agree. But I look at some fo the crap that qualifies over the years and compare it to the wildcards, and suddenly..... without wildcards Nicki is only a double World Champion and Tai is still waiting. Yet I don't think a single World Champion come from the previous years GP qualifier.