British Speedway Forum

Gino didn't get a 7 point average and never went home for the US championships to try to get a new one

OK thanks

Brodie Waters and Jordan Stewart seem to be the 2 most likely candidates of the 'unknown' visa eligible Aussies.

They qualified by finishing 2nd & 3rd in the Victorian Championship between Ty Proctor and Justin Sedgmen in the final. They made the final by equalling Proctor's 12 points behind Sedgmen's maximum.

They're currently the 'best of the rest' after 3 rounds of the national championship on 18 & 17 points respectively, forming a middle group with Proctor(19) a long way behind the other 'names', Brady Kurtz leading on 43 & Sedgmen 8th on 28, with 12th placed Josh Pickering on 11 .

Kozza Smith's average is only .02 lower than Klindt's but I'd be wary of his injury record.

Would agree with that assessment Alan.

Not sure how much you can read into the Victorian Championship, as they ran it as a 'closed shop' this year, but Jordan Stewart is a tidy rider and spent come time in the UK with Justin Sedgmen. Waters is a converted road-racer I think.

If Rye were to bring in an assessed 5 pointer to replace Klindt, that would leave them a point under the limit of course. It's a tricky one finding someone to fill the vacancy that's been created. Will be interesting to see who the visa reliant rider will be.

Rye House Rockets speedway NEW SIGNING RUMOURS: American speedway sensation among names in running

By Hertfordshire Mercury | Posted: January 10, 2016

By Andrew Franczak

RC Jones/SpeedwayBikes.com​ 11878137-large.jpg
Rye House Rockets speedway NEW SIGNING RUMOURS: American speedway sensation among names in running

By Andrew Franczak

HODDESDON BOUND? Max Ruml (Photo by RC Jones/SpeedwayBikes.com​)

Comments (0)

Young American speedway sensation Max Ruml is one of the overseas riders rumoured to be in the running for the vacant number two berth at Rye House Rockets.

The 18-year-old is a friend of Billy Hamil who rode in this country in the 1990s, and knows Martin Hagon - sponsor of Rockets skipper Edward Kennett.

Dubbed 'Mad Max' for his exciting riding style, Ruml has won the American U21 title for three years in succession and raced in Europe in 2014 as a member of the USA World Cup team.

Max Ruml ????

Rye House look like their writing off the 2016 season and looking to build for the future.

Presume he will come in on a 5 so therefore makes Cameron Heeps a heat leader with Robbo and Eddie.

Lets hope for some exciting racing and good improvement from the youngsters - Heeps, Kasper-Lykke, and Ben.

To be honest cannot see us troubling the play-offs this year. But I will be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Max Ruml ????

Rye House look like their writing off the 2016 season and looking to build for the future.

Presume he will come in on a 5 so therefore makes Cameron Heeps a heat leader with Robbo and Eddie.

Lets hope for some exciting racing and good improvement from the youngsters - Heeps, Kasper-Lykke, and Ben.

To be honest cannot see us troubling the play-offs this year. But I will be more than happy to be proved wrong.

He could well turn out to be a decent rider . If it's planning for the future , then so be it . Surely that is a better way to go than go with Klindt , who wont increase his average much , if at all , and would most probably miss a good few meetings .

• Like 7

Don't know if Ruml is any better than Aaron Fox who averaged around 4 when he was over with Edinburgh?

Cam Heeps as a HL would be a step up for the lad.

Edited by macca56

I suspect this will be the last year of speedway at Rye House. This time next year I reckon they'll be planing to Tarmac over the track and turn it into a motor sport circuit.

• Like 1

I suspect this will be the last year of speedway at Rye House. This time next year I reckon they'll be planing to Tarmac over the track and turn it into a motor sport circuit.

I really hope your wrong Shads.

Have always enjoyed my trips to Hoddesdon over the past 40 years or so.

By Andrew Franczak

By Andrew Franczak

HODDESDON BOUND? Max Ruml (Photo by RC Jones/SpeedwayBikes.com​)

Comments (0)

Young American speedway sensation Max Ruml is one of the overseas riders rumoured to be in the running for the vacant number two berth at Rye House Rockets.

The 18-year-old is a friend of Billy Hamil who rode in this country in the 1990s, and knows Martin Hagon - sponsor of Rockets skipper Edward Kennett.

Dubbed 'Mad Max' for his exciting riding style, Ruml has won the American U21 title for three years in succession and raced in Europe in 2014 as a member of the USA World Cup team.

i thought max was still doing his studies in merica. does he have the correct visa criteria and dont merican,s come in on a 7 ??

Edited by jenga

Ruml on a 5 point average might not be a bad call.

I remember him riding in the WTC and he did not disgrace himself.

i thought max was still doing his studies in merica. does he have the correct visa criteria and dont merican,s come in on a 7 ??

I think Max Ruml finished 2nd in the 2015 AMA USA National Speedway Championship, behind Billy Janniro and the Eligibility for a Visa application was a Top Four finish, so Max should qualify under this criteria.

As you say, Commonwealth or USA riders new to British Speedway were treated as Category 2 which attracted an Assessed Match Average of 7.00 last season, but we know that a number of 'new' Australian riders are coming in this season on an Assessed 5.00, so believe that the Assessed 7.00 has been changed to 5.00 for 2016 and that USA riders will be treated the same as Commonwealth riders.

My concern as well Shads.

Think it will be a decent signing if it is him, rather him than Klindt to be honest