British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

How about the 5 years it's been back and the amount of people who have walked away wishing it hadn't returned as it was boring.

How about the fact the season ended last August and they have yet to Finnish turns 3 & 4 plus with No sign of doing turns 1 & 2 ?

How about the stadium, yes it's a good stadium to watch if the product was worth watching.

You can try and polish it up but the fact is the fans have not seen real value for money since it opened.

You really are a knob Jockey.Do you go every week? If you do,why if the product is crap to you?

I take it you live alone!

• Like 2

Robert72 - Why not give them the benefit of the doubt? The changes to the 3rd and 4th bends might provide better racing after all.

More importantly, at least you have a team to support. My team shut down in 2005.

How about the fact that the Lions are back on track after years and years in the wilderness? How about the fact that there are people trying their darnest to correct the track and its racing lines? How about the fact that you have a very decent stadium?

There's three reasons to be cheerful ;)

That old chestnut.

People have to feel they're being served value for money. The fact the lions returned was great but that novelty has worn off & crowds have fallen.

Leicester have an owner that for years believed what he had was perfect and didn't listen to nobody.

Now he's woken up and started to realise that so many supporters have gone he's had to try to do something.

No longer people give a monkey's with the use it or lose it threat. If people leave, it's their choice and couldn't care less if it's no longer there.

Value For Money is all that matters

• Like 5

You really are a knob Jockey.Do you go every week? If you do,why if the product is crap to you?

Did I insult you with name calling ?

No I don't go every week but I would if the racing was over 4 laps and not just to the first bend.

Are you saying the product is good and worth the money ?

your wrong with your last remark but not sure what that has to do with me making my own opinion on something you clearly have a problem understanding.

That old chestnut.

People have to feel they're being served value for money. The fact the lions returned was great but that novelty has worn off & crowds have fallen.

Leicester have an owner that for years believed what he had was perfect and didn't listen to nobody.

Now he's woken up and started to realise that so many supporters have gone he's had to try to do something.

No longer people give a monkey's with the use it or lose it threat. If people leave, it's their choice and couldn't care less if it's no longer there.

Value For Money is all that matters

Isn't that a good thing that the owner has as you put it "woken up"? Isn't that a positive? Isn't it a positive that there are persons striving to correct the track to try to ensure people get their value for money?

So be it that the owner as you put it "didn't listen for years". Maybe he is now. Isn't that a positive?

• Like 6

Isn't that a good thing that the owner has as you put it "woken up"? Isn't that a positive? Isn't it a positive that there are persons striving to correct the track to try to ensure people get their value for money?

So be it that the owner as you put it "didn't listen for years". Maybe he is now. Isn't that a positive?

It's a small positive but a typical speedway positive. A speedway promoter being reactive rather than proactive.

Being reactive could mean it's all to late for some

It's a small positive but a typical speedway positive. A speedway promoter being reactive rather than proactive.

Being reactive could mean it's all to late for some

I can't think of many head of businesses that are proactive and ahead of the game. It's certainly not just speedway promoters.

Weather Forecast 10th March to 20th March 2016

Well, a high pressure system is moving east and will set up camp over the UK for at least 10 days... It is a claggy high, hence it will bring with it quite a lot of cloud, but, it will be mostly a dry high, with little or no significant rain anywhere over the UK. Where the sun does burn through the associated cloud, temperatures will respond and rise into the low to middle teens. Where clear overnight, there will be some frost. So, to summarise the next 10 days or so, it will be dry, calm, daytime temps around 10c to 14/15c, mostly cloudly with occasional sunny spells, very good speedway weather..

There are signs of a return to something colder around 25th March..

Edited by Shale Searcher

Weather Forecast 10th March to 20th March 2016

Well, a high pressure system is moving east and will set up camp over the UK for at least 10 days... It is a claggy high, hence it will bring with it quite a lot of cloud, but, it will be mostly a dry high, with little or no significant rain anywhere over the UK. Where the sun does burn through the associated cloud, temperatures will respond and rise into the low to middle teens. Where clear overnight, there will be some frost. So, to summarise the next 10 days or so, it will be dry, calm, daytime temps around 10c to 14/15c, mostly cloudly with occasional sunny spells, very good speedway weather..

There are signs of a return to something colder around 25th March..

That's so you feel you're getting better value for your hot cross buns and so your Easter Eggs don't melt too soon!! :P:D

Track is finished ready for racing.

Will be a little patchy for the first meeting with over a 100 tons of fresh shale going down.

A massive thank you to Karl,Steve and Kevin for two hard days of graft.

Spent all day Saturday drying the track out. Then on Sunday finished 3/4.

In the after noon our young Polish rider did a few laps 25 in fact and gave it the thumbs up.

Thank god we are having this weather if it was wet it would have been very hard to get it ready for next week.

Glyn

• Like 4

So looking forward to going on Saturday. Are all the bricks done that people have 'bought' and on show?

So looking forward to going on Saturday. Are all the bricks done that people have 'bought' and on show?

Think you may have the wrong thread. Glynn is talking about Leicester