British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Oh I like this idea :D NKI round the showground :)

Edited by Trees

At the weekend I got told by a very reliable source that Leicesters home match against lynn would be run at Kings Lynn

Bit mad but hey lol

So what is happening at BP and why are they not holding the meeting there when then had the National League final there last week. Something smells like what comes out of a cows bottom here.

It was about time they came clean and let the fans know just what is going on and are there any plans for next season. Would be a great shame if we lost Liecester for a second time. If only DH had the balls to sit and listen to folks told him. They would not be in the mess they are now. Such a shame. Hope all the hard work that was put in by a lot of people to get speedway back at Liecter to see it all lost again, by one man who would not listen.

Asked local radio today whether they were to do a piece on the current situation and they advised that they had requested an interview but had received no response. No one has a clue what's going on.

Why not Leicester? Is the club officially down the swanny?

That's what I can't understand, surely if they run the meeting at a neutral venue it's going to cost more as they will have to pay a hire fee for the stadium. Why can't they run it at Leicester?

You can hardly blame anyone for being reluctant to stage speedway there while D.Hemsley is still the landlord, with his reputation.

The City Council must have ample grounds for revoking the lease on the land which his company holds, and which he has desecrated so badly and failed to deliver on most of the associated planning requirements.

No club is anything without its fans who pay the bills to enable a business to further develop its product. Very poor management to not even inform of the present situation. That said if indeed the BSPA are now running the remainder of this campaign why have they not communicated to the public. If only an independent association could be formed.....Great Motorsport that is in such a dire position with in a lot of instances only itself to blame....

Disrespectful to the season ticket holders and loyal fans.

and Kings Lynn fans that still have re admissions tickets
  • Like 3

The fans is the reason why they are trying to run this fixture as obviously it's a bit of a nothing fixture and riders have got to be paId with a likely low crowd.

It is probably cheaper to run the meeting than refund season ticket holders and the outstanding admission tickets that have not been used.

The fans is the reason why they are trying to run this fixture as obviously it's a bit of a nothing fixture and riders have got to be paId with a likely low crowd.

It is probably cheaper to run the meeting than refund season ticket holders and the outstanding admission tickets that have not been used.

Season ticket holders bought season tickets for Leicester Not at Peterborough,Kings Lynn or Scunthorpe, So will whoever pay the fuel for those fans to get to wherever ? No thought for the fans.

Any reason yet to why the last match is not being run at Leicester ?

• Like 1

It's pretty certain season ticket holders wouldn't be refunded anyway. When Birmingham withdrew from the league,(obviously not Lions fault) Lions hadn't raced them at home, so that was 2 fixtures that season, season ticket holders had paid for but didn't take place , no refund was ever given. I did write, suggesting a discount off the following years ticket, but to no avail. Also this seasons package was suppose to include the East Midland Bowl, which has never taken place & don't think Coventry even mentioned it on their fixtures, so I doubt it was ever going to happen. Every year I question whether buying a season ticket is worth it, if there is a next season, I 'll seriously don't think it's worth the risk.

It's pretty certain season ticket holders wouldn't be refunded anyway. When Birmingham withdrew from the league,(obviously not Lions fault) Lions hadn't raced them at home, so that was 2 fixtures that season, season ticket holders had paid for but didn't take place , no refund was ever given. I did write, suggesting a discount off the following years ticket, but to no avail. Also this seasons package was suppose to include the East Midland Bowl, which has never taken place & don't think Coventry even mentioned it on their fixtures, so I doubt it was ever going to happen. Every year I question whether buying a season ticket is worth it, if there is a next season, I 'll seriously don't think it's worth the risk.

Don't lose heart yet !!! I have a hunch things are looking a bit rosier than the current situation implies.

• Like 1