British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Belle Vue Aces Vs Swindon Robins, 14 Sep 2015

Totally agree, some of the comments on here are not only offensive to Rosco and all Swindon Fans (me included) but very, very KINDERGARTEN. :mad:

That's the thing, how old are some of the folk making the idiotic remarks? It becomes embarrassing to read when the majority of members just want to read/post sensible comments.

'Tossiter' is funny once, I mean would you really continue using it in actual conversation, I don't think so. I certainly would not like to be in the company of some on here who appear to be adults apart from their posting style.

Anyway, back on topic, here's hoping we get a decent meeting tonight, both teams giving it everything and Belle Vue finishing with a 12+point lead to take to the Abbey.

guys is this meeting still going ahead?

No rain due until 23.00 as it stands, so yes it's on, then again we are talking about the Rainy City, so buyer beware..

Rain radar not so convinced that no rain will fall until 11pm...... We shall have to see....

Agreed, I'm 20 miles west of the stadium and we've just had a light shower, hard to tell which way it's travelling. My feeling is that it will be ok, I get headaches when there's a lot of rain about and so far I'm ok, fingers crossed.

A lot of the showers have electrified as they moved through the east Midlands, tornado sighted in Leicester at some point this afternoon... Calmed down a tad now, the heavy stuff transferring north east, but then veering west around Grantham/ Lincoln/Scunny.....

Manchester now in the firing line....

Now I know why we never signed Matej when we should have, Rosco not a fan ? I wonder what the reason was letting Doyley go.

A lot of the showers have electrified as they moved through the east Midlands, tornado sighted in Leicester at some point this afternoon... Calmed down a tad now, the heavy stuff transferring north east, but then veering west around Grantham/ Lincoln/Scunny.....

Manchester now in the firing line....

Yeh. Showers should hit between 6 and half 6. Hopefully not to much

Whatever your opinion of what Rosco has said, the personal attacks on here by a small minority are uncalled for and would result in a ban if directed at another forum member.

For what it's worth, I think Rosco handled the situation wrongly despite there being elements of fact in his words.

Whether the Aces are stronger or weaker remains to be seen?

I hope Matej returns to match fitness rather than GP fitness very soon and we get a well mannered safe meeting without the needless and mindless crap that too many have posted on this matter.

I can only say 'ouch', because it is a poor reflection on true speedway fans.

I do get my back up sometimes especially when false accusation of lying are made and I'll alway speak out against it. Personnel I found the article to be in bad taste and I'll just have to take it on the chin that many are ok with it.

Similarly I don't like it when riders are replaced by guests willy nilly and without good cause but again if people are fine with that who am I to question their beliefs.

I don't like seeing British lads messed about and wish we did more for them to prosper, likewise I long for a return to the days when we ruled the roost. I understand these days it's not the done thing to fanatically wave the Union Jack so apologise if I unintentionally upset anyone.

I do have a bee in my bonnet about the Russell's and rarely air my thoughts. Again I'm sorry about that as I misjudged the mood when it comes to these two as they appear to be well liked on here.

Looking forward to tonight though, if it's anything like the previous two meeting when the robins came to Kirky Lane then speedway will be the winner.

Up The Aces!!

From anyone near or at the track what is the weather doing please as forecast has rain from 7pm through till midnight in the Manchester area.

People should leave poor old Rosco alone. Absolute pillar of society that bloke and very intelligent to boot.

Shuns publicity, always conducts himself in a professional manner, loyal and faithful husband and father. What's not to love about this guy?

I hear it took years for the BSPA to convince him to take the Team GB Managers job and it's ridiculous to suggest that he only got the gig because nobody else would touch it. Cut the guy some slack. He'll always be a hero to me.

Totally agree, some of the comments on here are not only offensive to Rosco and all Swindon Fans (me included) but very, very KINDERGARTEN. :mad:

You could say Rosco's original comment was kindergarten stuff, but seeing as he has apologised people have moved on. Just the few still bringing it up tho.

• Like 1