British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

Ok lets have a thread about this............what are everyone's thoughts about it................Poole have gone through the whole season virtually unchanged as a team (apart from when Davey was injured earlier on and we got Josh G in) and Coventry have suffered numerous issues................

Can the Pirates plunder the Bees or will the Bees sting the Pirates............

RP

Ok lets have a thread about this............what are everyone's thoughts about it................Poole have gone through the whole season virtually unchanged as a team (apart from when Davey was injured earlier on and we got Josh G in) and Coventry have suffered numerous issues................

RP

First leg 41-49

Second leg 52-38 Easy Poole win assuming the Bees don't sign anyone decent.

• Like 1

RP

Obviously depends on if Bees make a signing for Joonas. With the right signing Bees can win the first leg, Garrity v Newman is key though.

Obviously depends on if Bees make a signing for Joonas. With the right signing Bees can win the first leg, Garrity v Newman is key though.

IMO that's the bees biggest issue, Newman. He's bloody good at Brandon!

Heat 1 we have to rough up Holder and Watt, there first ride tends to determine their mood, if you can stop that pair scoring too many and Newmans not on it I think we can take a tidy lead to Poole. North off form, Gomolski should be beatable and our reserves should beat Paul Starke - yes I'm aware he scored a paid max last time but that meeting is no guide to anything due to the track.

I can see Poole winning both legs, they ride Brandon better than us although it doesn't help matters when we make the track slick and smooth for them.

Let's hope we put some dirt and water down to stand any chance!

• Like 2

Heat 1 we have to rough up Holder and Watt, there first ride tends to determine their mood, if you can stop that pair scoring too many and Newmans not on it I think we can take a tidy lead to Poole. North off form, Gomolski should be beatable and our reserves should beat Paul Starke - yes I'm aware he scored a paid max last time but that meeting is no guide to anything due to the track.

I agree the only chance we have is to ride really hard in the first and second turns, and hope for the best.

Newman was pretty good at Leicester the other day too but we have our issues, Holder is struggling, he was ok monday but not good in Sweden on tuesday, Watty is riding pretty well but North is useless at the moment, Gomolski is riding well can't remember how he goes at Brandon but he will give his all, Magic is on top of his form so no worries there and Starke rode well at Leicester but not so well at Poole. the main issue is North we cannot afford him to get zero against Coventry that's for sure.

• Like 1

Newman was pretty good at Leicester the other day too but we have our issues, Holder is struggling, he was ok monday but not good in Sweden on tuesday, Watty is riding pretty well but North is useless at the moment, Gomolski is riding well can't remember how he goes at Brandon but he will give his all, Magic is on top of his form so no worries there and Starke rode well at Leicester but not so well at Poole. the main issue is North we cannot afford him to get zero against Coventry that's for sure.

4. Kacper Gomolski - 2, 1', 1 = 4+1

4. Kacper Gomolski 3, 2, F, R = 5

• Like 1

Gomolski got 5 from 4 rides on his last visit.

Will Hansi and Bomber both step up to the plate!! ;)

If so should be a good contest!

Garrity/Newman battle at reserve could be crucial :t:

• Like 1

Will Hansi and Bomber both step up to the plate!! ;)

If so should be a good contest!

Garrity/Newman battle at reserve could be crucial :t:

I have no doubt that Bomber will, hopefully Hans will to as he has shown signs of improvement in the last couple of weeks.

I agree the only chance we have is to ride really hard in the first and second turns, and hope for the best.

That Garrity stays on his bike... :rofl: