British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Good luck to the lad, but at exactly which other team do you think he'd get a gig at No 7, ahead of whoever's already there?

The Moanarchs. ;):cheers:

• Like 2

I see Lambo's got his testimonial at Lynn this year..is he still in they're squad..I thought he'd quit them to commit to Panthers?

I see Lambo's got his testimonial at Lynn this year..is he still in they're squad..I thought he'd quit them to commit to Panthers?

Yes he has committed to Panthers for 2016 but added to Kings Lynn squad as a supplementary draft rider (E.D.R.) He will not miss any Panthers matches because of this but would be available to fill in on any other Lynn fixtures as I understand it.

• Like 1

Porsing insists Panthers is not a backward step

image.jpg
Nicklas Porsing riding as a guest for Panthers last season.

Major signing Nicklas Porsing insists he has not taken a step backwards by joining Panthers.

The Danish talent is gearing up for his first season at Premier League level after joining the city outfit on loan from top-flight parent club King’s Lynn.

His capture on a 6.58 average is seen as a coup as a Panthers team packed full of potential bid to better their surge to the semi-finals of the play-offs last season.

Porsing said: “I think it will be a very good move for me. I like the Peterborough track after riding it a couple of times last season as a guest.

“I don’t feel that racing in the Premier League is a step down and I wouldn’t have decided to do it if that was the case.

“I see it as a challenge to score a lot of points, to learn new tracks and to continue to develop as a rider.

“My target is to improve my average and show the fans I am a racer.

“I believe I can do that at Peterborough as it is a fast track with lots of lines. It is one I’m happy to have as my home.

“I had a lot of offers from clubs in the Premier League, but this is the only one I was ever going to consider.

“I’m looking forward to riding for a good club, with a great track and with so many other Danes.”

Porsing is one of five Danish riders in the city team for 2016, joining captain Ulrich Ostergaard, Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen, Michael Palm Toft and Emil Grondal. Brits Simon Lambert and Tom Perry complete the septet.

A third British rider will act as the club’s number eight after being added to the squad today.

Holbeach-based Tom Stokes, who is well-known to joint team boss Dale Allitt, will occupy that role after impressing.

Stokes (21), whose father John was a Panthers rider back in the 1980s, raced for Allitt at National League level in the past two seasons.

Allitt said: “Tom is a rider with huge determination and a big heart, who wants to progress.

“He commanded the number one spot in the Young Stars last season despite still only being 21.

“Being involved in a Premier League set-up is next step for him and it will also give us options in the future.”

The start of the new season is drawing closer with Ostergaard’s ‘10 Year Spectacular’ testimonial event taking place at the East of England Showground on Sunday, March 13 (2pm).

Before then the club stage their Press and Practice event at Alwalton on Friday, March 11.

Read more: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/porsing-insists-panthers-is-not-a-backward-step-1-7250403#ixzz41wQFUkqO

Good luck to the lad, but at exactly which other team do you think he'd get a gig at No 7, ahead of whoever's already there?

Ipswich, Newcastle and Plymouth would all be strengthened by the inclusion of Stokes.

• Like 2

Ipswich, Newcastle and Plymouth would all be strengthened by the inclusion of Stokes.

And Scunthorpe

Just got back from Panthers P&P or was it a Danish practice session? Iversen, Bjerre, Andersen, Mads, B.Pedersen, Hansen all putting some laps in aswell.

Thought for a 3point reserve Tom Perry was pretty impressive and Palm-Toft looked very quick. All others as you would expect really, Lambert maybe looked the slowest but sure he will be ok.

Should be a fun season :)

• Like 1

I'm expecting Lambert to be at reserve at the first set of averages.

Think alot are tbh mate. Hopefully he can ride to same level as he did last season and we will always have a strong reserve pair

• Like 2

Think alot are tbh mate. Hopefully he can ride to same level as he did last season and we will always have a strong reserve pair

With points to play with if he doesn't hit form he will be gone

thats it mate , back the brits.

thats it mate , back the brits.

Just can't wait to get rid of him can you , give the bloke a fighting chance before you condemn him but I guess you never did want him in the team anyway. Absolutely shocking conduct .