British Speedway Forum

Eagles V Raiders, Nt2, 2pm October 4 At Arlington

Hi SoloEnzed, from where I stood BWD was at fault. He cut across Ben before he was ahead and forced Ben into Georgie. It didn't look to me like Bowtell was off his line at all. I'm talking about the second attempt. I didn't see the chain of events first time of asking.

Hi gatwick, perhaps Ben should've reacted sooner if he knew BWD was cutting across him then. From where I was stood it looked like BWD made the start, cut across the lot of them then was hit from behind by Morley who had nowhere to go because bowtell didn't attempt to even slide the bike at all. Perhaps it's just that these things happen when young riders fresh out of speedway school go head to head with more experienced racers. I've got nothing against young Mr Bowtell and wish him all the best in his speedway career. He reminds me of a young Bobby Andrews when I first saw him ride in the 60's

I'm all for seeing young riders coming through but what I don't like seeing is other riders being taken down by these kids that are still "learning"

I've seen better and more experienced riders make errors of judgment resulting in another rider coming to grief. Josh Grajczonek at the PL 4's for example. Happens every week up and down the country. It's called racing
  • Like 1

Hi gatwick, perhaps Ben should've reacted sooner if he knew BWD was cutting across him then. From where I was stood it looked like BWD made the start, cut across the lot of them then was hit from behind by Morley who had nowhere to go because bowtell didn't attempt to even slide the bike at all. Perhaps it's just that these things happen when young riders fresh out of speedway school go head to head with more experienced racers. I've got nothing against young Mr Bowtell and wish him all the best in his speedway career. He reminds me of a young Bobby Andrews when I first saw him ride in the 60's

Seen a bit of Alfie this year, he started as a reserve and due to Sam Woods poor season got promoted into the main part of the team with only a 3.5 (approx) average, he wasn't ready to go up but averages meant he had too. Not all clubs have the luxury of these superkids who start at reserve and quickly score double figures every meeting like BWD and Zach Weijnet have done this season.

I've seen better and more experienced riders make errors of judgment resulting in another rider coming to grief. Josh Grajczonek at the PL 4's for example. Happens every week up and down the country. It's called racing

And what Mr dean done from gate 4 was..... Racing.

It's not often you see the same kid take down every rider on the field twice in 1 race.

Seen a bit of Alfie this year, he started as a reserve and due to Sam Woods poor season got promoted into the main part of the team with only a 3.5 (approx) average, he wasn't ready to go up but averages meant he had too. Not all clubs have the luxury of these superkids who start at reserve and quickly score double figures every meeting like BWD and Zach Weijnet have done this season.

BWD didn't start at reserve.

As a kent fan I was not there today, but got to say at times Alfie Bowtell has shown signs of being a very fast rider with an exciting style to watch. Seen him many times and seen him slide off a few times but never seen him as a dangerous rider at all. It's riders like him and watching his development that national league racing is about. Anyone of these kids could be the next tai woffinden,for me that's the magic at this level.

• Like 2

It's not often you see the same kid take down every rider on the field twice in 1 race.

Welcome to the National League

I was there and watched it all and have to say tight first turns every time. It was a final not a stroll in the park and all the Eagles stood up to another level.

As for bowtell meat in the sandwich ever time and had no where to go but he had a choice the throttle goes both ways. He could have backed it off and gone for a ride around the inside. But I guess his first year thinks it's going to be alright. Any person to get hurt was Morley and his pocket with a broken bike.

Let's be fair the only thing worth winning is the League, maybe then the KO Cup as for the Rest of the Micky Mouse meetings they are just fixture fillers,In years to come the only thing supporters remember is who was the League champions

they are all mickey mouse trophies when you don't win any of them.

Congrats to Eastbourne for winning the consolation, consolation Cup.

Junior

which is more than rye house managed

they are all mickey mouse trophies when you don't win any of them.

which is more than rye house managed

What you going to say if we win the next 2 cup finals? You only just dragged your heels into 4th in the league we pushed for 1st

What you going to say if we win the next 2 cup finals? You only just dragged your heels into 4th in the league we pushed for 1st

Different agendas. Eastbourne as a stand alone side live or die by their results. Winning trophies is a must to keep the locals, who are used to better, coming through the turnstiles.

The Raiders were three training school kids and a few more experienced NL journeymen plus a very good number one. Winning trophies was not a priority. Saying that, after a mediocre start, the season didn't end too badly, certainly better than the Rockets managed.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

what have you quoted me for , i'd say fantastic wtf do you think i would say?

what have you quoted me for , i'd say fantastic wtf do you think i would say?

I cocked up my quoting again sorry :rofl:

I cocked up my quoting again sorry :rofl:

i've just got off the ' bitmingham' thread, you're not having a good day :wink: