British Speedway Forum

Eagles V Raiders, Nt2, 2pm October 4 At Arlington

Let's be fair the only thing worth winning is the League, maybe then the KO Cup as for the Rest of the Micky Mouse meetings they are just fixture fillers,In years to come the only thing supporters remember is who was the League champions

Let's be fair the only thing worth winning is the League( And National trophy and KO cup), as for the Rest of the Micky Mouse meetings they are just fixture fillers,In years to come the only thing supporters remember is who was the League champions And the NT champions

First trophy since 2009. Any trophy is worth winning. You support Rye House? Or a troll trying for a reaction?

Edited by Alex2000

First trophy since 2009. Any trophy is worth winning. You support Rye House? Or a troll trying for a reaction?

Seems to have worked

• Like 1

Seems to have worked

Yes it has worked becuase at the end of the day we have more to show for our efforts.

He's right though, the league is the only one that counts. If you're honest, you'd swap all the others for it

I wouldn't SWAP it I would just add it on to the rest.

• Like 1

Actually my team is Workington and we have won nowt for ages, I was just saying

Was it possible that BWD was instrumental in the first race stoppages? He charged across from gate 4 very quickly blocking the way of the other 3 riders, who had nowhere to go and collisions were inevitable.

That's exactly how I saw it. He was lucky not to be excluded, sorry disqualified, in my view.

I was most impressed by Georgie Wood today. He looked as fast as BWD today and has a really classy style. I can see him being a big scorer at this level next year.

As for whether it was a Mickey Mouse competition to win, the Eastbourne fans made loads of noise and got behind their team today. They didn't seem to mind it wasn't such a big deal. I suspect a lot of them have enjoyed their speedway a lot more this year than when they ran in the Elite League.

• Like 1

That's exactly how I saw it. He was lucky not to be excluded, sorry disqualified, in my view.

I was most impressed by Georgie Wood today. He looked as fast as BWD today and has a really classy style. I can see him being a big scorer at this level next year.

As for whether it was a Mickey Mouse competition to win, the Eastbourne fans made loads of noise and got behind their team today. They didn't seem to mind it wasn't such a big deal. I suspect a lot of them have enjoyed their speedway a lot more this year than when they ran in the Elite League.

Perhaps if bowtell learnt how to turn the bike and if the others could manage to make a start they wouldn't have had that problem. Fair play to BWD, he was the first one to the first bend so has every right to ride wherever he likes. This is speedway not table tennis. He's a racer and does what needs to be done to win.

• Like 1

Brad did appear clear from where I was stood I thought it was someone from behind getting stuck between the other 2 who were further in from Brads cutback

Edited by Alex2000

Perhaps if bowtell learnt how to turn the bike and if the others could manage to make a start they wouldn't have had that problem. Fair play to BWD, he was the first one to the first bend so has every right to ride wherever he likes. This is speedway not table tennis. He's a racer and does what needs to be done to win.

That's very unfair on Alfie. He's a young local lad fresh out of training school in his first season racing speedway bikes, not been shipped in from the other side the world to win a few trophies to keep the locals happy. This is the National League, not the GP series. George Wood took out another rider last night because he couldn't control his bike

Edited by Shads

That's very unfair on Alfie. He's a young local lad fresh out of training school in his first season racing speedway bikes, not been shipped in from the other side the world to win a few trophies to keep the locals happy

If you were there today you would have seen bowtell didn't even attempt to turn the bike, taking other riders out in heat 1 not once but twice, the second time his "not turning" resulted in him bringing down the entire field and writing off 1 of Morleys bikes. Like you said he is fresh out of speedway school, perhaps a few more lessons would do the lad some good.

If you were there today you would have seen bowtell didn't even attempt to turn the bike, taking other riders out in heat 1 not once but twice, the second time his "not turning" resulted in him bringing down the entire field and writing off 1 of Morleys bikes. Like you said he is fresh out of speedway school, perhaps a few more lessons would do the lad some good.

Only way you'll learn is to race competitively. The National League was set up to give the likes of Alfie a start in the sport.

Only way you'll learn is to race competitively. The National League was set up to give the likes of Alfie a start in the sport.

I'm all for seeing young riders coming through but what I don't like seeing is other riders being taken down by these kids that are still "learning" what was in heat 1 was just plain dangerous, BWD hit the front twice and both times was brought down from behind by other riders, how anyone can think that is his fault I will never understand. Yes he went very fast from 4 to 1, I believe it's called "trapping" and I've been told it takes a lot of skill.

Edited by SoloEnzed

Hi SoloEnzed, from where I stood BWD was at fault. He cut across Ben before he was ahead and forced Ben into Georgie. It didn't look to me like Bowtell was off his line at all. I'm talking about the second attempt. I didn't see the chain of events first time of asking.