British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whistlegang

Kent 2016

It seems sensible to start this now. Shall we work with a 38.00 points limit? I wonder if Ben Morley will now become a Kent asset or will he move to Rye House for good?

With all the doubling up that will be going on with various drafts etc will Monday nights actually become a beneficial race night as the number of clashes and therefore missing heat leaders would be limited?

Alternatively would anyone fancy a strength in depth team of riders that didn't appear in any other league but would be available for every match?

I think for Ben career he should go Pl full time.

In which case we can keep Danny and James, and of course we have Thomas on a 3.0. I imagine baseby will be back if averages fit too. Experienced riders on cheapish averages I would like to see are Widman, Johnson and Chessell.

I think for Ben career he should go Pl full time.

In which case we can keep Danny and James, and of course we have Thomas on a 3.0. I imagine baseby will be back if averages fit too. Experienced riders on cheapish averages I would like to see are Widman, Johnson and Chessell.

Its a tough one as for Ben to flourish I think he needs NL & PL but his average will probably rule him out?

Danny & James will be hot property but hopefully they can be lured back. Aaron Baseby I like but he just misses too many meetings due to a hectic social life.

Never been a big fan of Chessell & Johnson has not ridden anything sensible for a season so would be very disappointed to see those two included.

Agree, that Danny and James alongside Thomas are probably certs, Ben has been amazing for Kent, but his average and career suggest he would be hard to fit in without making the team too top heavy, and should be riding PL

I would no way include Aaron, I like him as a rider and person, but like said, misses too many meetings, and his average is quite high considering his worth to the team

so 4 new faces, guess we have to see who is running next year to see who is available, would love Ellis perks if he is not at Cradley

Wouldn't mind Danno Verge at reserve, feel he was hard done by having to ride at 2 for large parts of last season,but not in the main body of the team, maybe Jack Smith if he's not already signed for anyone

• Like 1

Perks would be my first choice as the replacement for Ben, I think we missed our chance though with him. I would like to give an opportunity to Brendan Johnson who is on a 6.21. Josh Bates?

Perks would be my first choice as the replacement for Ben, I think we missed our chance though with him. I would like to give an opportunity to Brendan Johnson who is on a 6.21. Josh Bates?

EllisPerks would destroy your already pretty well rubbish to put it straight pits. With his fists

Agree, that Danny and James alongside Thomas are probably certs, Ben has been amazing for Kent, but his average and career suggest he would be hard to fit in without making the team too top heavy, and should be riding PL

I would no way include Aaron, I like him as a rider and person, but like said, misses too many meetings, and his average is quite high considering his worth to the team

so 4 new faces, guess we have to see who is running next year to see who is available, would love Ellis perks if he is not at Cradley

Wouldn't mind Danno Verge at reserve, feel he was hard done by having to ride at 2 for large parts of last season,but not in the main body of the team, maybe Jack Smith if he's not already signed for anyone

Jack may be Brummy bound. We should have nailed him mid-season when he rode for us up there. Ellis may become available, a lot depends with whether Cradley (Dudley) or any other Black Country name, will still be around next season. If the Isle of Wight make it back next season they may have claims on some riders or even take overCradley lock stock and barrel. Most unlikely though.

EllisPerks would destroy your already pretty well rubbish to put it straight pits. With his fists

i think you are in the wrong topic pal, this is not the Doom website lol.

Jack was never going to join Kent and is almost nailed on to join Brum / Cradley. The huge press release when he did a single match for Kent was another sign of how out of touch the club is becoming.

It is a south east club who run early on a Monday evening. Hats off to Ben Basford & James Shanes for making the journey every week but most riders will be hesitant of signing for Kent due to its location unless they go for southern based / local riders.

Jack was never going to join Kent and is almost nailed on to join Brum / Cradley. The huge press release when he did a single match for Kent was another sign of how out of touch the club is becoming.

It is a south east club who run early on a Monday evening. Hats off to Ben Basford & James Shanes for making the journey every week but most riders will be hesitant of signing for Kent due to its location unless they go for southern based / local riders.

So Kent are back to running Mondays at 6-30?

What happened to Fridays, is that dead and buried already?

They have planning permission for Fridays now, but it depends if they want to go up against Lakeside or not.

They have planning permission for Fridays now, but it depends if they want to go up against Lakeside or not.

Why not? These sort of happenings appear to be in the Kent Kings way of operating?

Why not? These sort of happenings appear to be in the Kent Kings way of operating?

They didn't run on a Monday when Lakeside had £10 admission on a Monday, so I'm only speculating a reason for if they don't take advantage of the improved race times/night.

From no official source but I would be a little surprised if Mr Perks rides over here again next season.