British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2016

IF Hopwood has gone to accommodate Perks plus a new number 1 then that is extremely had on him. Whilst a new signing is clearly required to cover the very unfortunate Hughes the Eastbourne merry-go-round is becoming a concern?

How many riders will question signing for Eastbourne in the future with the high rider turnover?

If this new number 1 is good then I don't think we will see anymore changes this season except for injury. Although I would have given hopwood a couple more weeks as he didn't have his good engine in recently. On the other hand you know that when you sign for Eastbourne they will get the best out of you or dump you off....

Respect to Easty promotion man

Dont sit on there hands.

:wink:

Where is this coming from. Not sure I will believe until I see it officially. No disrespect to anyone but I have learned to treat forums that way.

Hard on Ben I must admit. He seemed to be doing okay!

• Like 1

Confirmed on Eastbourne's website as Hopwood out and Perks in, with a number 1 expected to be announced by the end of the week. I make it 9.78 left.

Confirmed on Eastbourne's website as Hopwood out and Perks in, with a number 1 expected to be announced by the end of the week. I make it 9.78 left.

I make it 9.88 left..... Who could it be......

Where is this coming from. Not sure I will believe until I see it officially. No disrespect to anyone but I have learned to treat forums that way.

Hard on Ben I must admit. He seemed to be doing okay!

Okay, I believe it now!!

I make it 9.88 left..... Who could it be......

Think Islander is correct. 9.78 available under the Team Limit of 40.00. (A few updates required for the 'Confirmed Signings' Thread with the early season changes at IoW and Eastbourne.)

• Like 1

Have to say, like a lot of people I'm sure, I feel very sorry for Ben in all this - he's been a fantastic servant to theclub, scored a lot of great points and played a huge part in the success we enjoyed last season. I for one would like to thank him and while wishing he wasn't going, very much hope he gets fixed up soon and scores a load more points for his new team! Thanks Ben mate - you've been a star!!

Think Islander is correct. 9.78 available under the Team Limit of 40.00. (A few updates required for the 'Confirmed Signings' Thread with the early season changes at IoW and Eastbourne.)

I was keeping that thread up to date over winter and thought people would't want it doing during the season as the BSPA issues declarations with averages. But do you want me to keep updating it?

Looking at who is available at number 1 (and higher than Hughes' average) all I can spot that hasn't retired is Steve Boxall on 9.56.

9.78 looks to be a whopper of a number 1 who will it be? Personally thought they would be better keeping Hopwood & using the points to bolster the reserve berths? Cottham would have fitted? Or as Murphys law dictates Dugard would have fitted and Eastie would have always had one rider running riot at reserve as he & Andrews (when fit) would have continued swapping places.

What is Stefan Nielsens average?

well lets see what unfolds, who is Stefan Nielsens as i am sure that someone would have got all the ducks in a row before shooting them or replacing Hopwood, Spiller maybe? or have they been thinking outside the box again and dug up someone that we have all missed or are they going to put Perks at 1 and then change the reserves? Bloody hell need a crystal ball.

Have to say that there is a lot going on that we are unaware of in the minds of a criminal (Donald Trump) springs to my mind or Alan Sugar your fired

What is Stefan Nielsens average?

well lets see what unfolds, who is Stefan Nielsens as i am sure that someone would have got all the ducks in a row before shooting them or replacing Hopwood, Spiller maybe? or have they been thinking outside the box again and dug up someone that we have all missed or are they going to put Perks at 1 and then change the reserves? Bloody hell need a crystal ball.

Have to say that there is a lot going on that we are unaware of in the minds of a criminal (Donald Trump) springs to my mind or Alan Sugar your fired

The press release says they dropped Hopwood to free up team building points for a new number 1. So to use the extra points they get from Perks the number 1 would need to have an average of 8.92 or more, otherwise that rider could've replaced Hughes and kept Hopwood in the side!

Surely the Spillers aren't in the team because they have exams in May/June. So regardless of the Eastbourne team situation they still have exams and it's not fair asking them to come over until after then (just like last season).

Edited by Islander15

Steve Boxall makes perfect sense and makes Eastbourne big favorites for the league.

• Like 1