07.05 - Round 1 - Kings Lynn (GB)
07.05 - Round 2 - Munkebo (DK)
07.05 - Round 3 - Terenzano (IT)
16.05 - Round 4 - Abensberg (DE)

28.05 - Race-off 1 - Gorican (HR)
02.07 - Race-off 2 - Lonigo (IT)

03.09 - Challenge - Vetlanda (SE)

Allocations:

Kings Lynn: 2x GB, 1x US, 1x AR, 2x DK, 2x FR, 1x BE, 2x AU, 1x NZ, 1x PL, 1x FI, 2x SE.

Munkebo: 2x CZ, 1x GB, 2x DK, 1x UA, 2x LV, 2x AU, 1x RU, 1x NO, 1x PL, 1x SK, 2x SE.

Terenzano: 1x CZ, 1x GB, 2x SI, 2x DE, 1x DK, 2x IT, 1x UA, 1x HR, 1x HU, 2x PL, 2x SE.

Abensberg: 2x CZ, 1x GB, 1x SI, 2x DE, 1x DK, 1x FR, 1x IT, 1x LV, 1x AU, 1x HU, 1x RU, 1x AT, 2x PL.

Good to see lesser nations/non league nations, get a chance. However, i would question the Czech allocation of 5 places, even Slovenia with three places.

Especially when Russia has only 2 places and the US only one. Overall i think the allocations are fair. I know some of the minor federations are not as strong, but it is important they are included. I like the FIM approach.

hopefully Lambert will attempt to qualify in 2016, and be given one of the UK slots (for the KL round would be the obvious choice). Is the first round before or after the British final? If prior, then I assume Harris, Cook and Lambert would take three slots, on merit Kennett and King would seem next in line, though tbh I'd rather see those go to say Garrity and Newman/Howarth.

Would add that I really think it would make sense to go back to a regionalised quailfying, an Overseas final, a Nordic final and two contienental semi finals, with an inter-continental final and continental final as the penultimate round. Think all meetings would be pretty evenly balanced in terms of difficulty, and wouldn't materially alter the representation each nation has.

Edited by waihekeaces1

Good to see lesser nations/non league nations, get a chance. However, i would question the Czech allocation of 5 places, even Slovenia with three places.

Especially when Russia has only 2 places and the US only one. Overall i think the allocations are fair. I know some of the minor federations are not as strong, but it is important they are included. I like the FIM approach.

The places are allocated by request of the federations. 78 places where requested, and they only have 64 places (4x 16). The Czech for instance requested 6 places and got 5. Slovenia 5, got 3. Where as Russia requested 2 and got 2, the same for the Americans who only wanted 1 place.

• Like 2

The places are allocated by request of the federations. 78 places where requested, and they only have 64 places (4x 16). The Czech for instance requested 6 places and got 5. Slovenia 5, got 3. Where as Russia requested 2 and got 2, the same for the Americans who only wanted 1 place.

Aren't federations that have hosted qualifying meetings also looked upon more favourably?

TBF, what Russians want a place? And what Americans are there to have a go? The Americans will only have Fisher riding in Europe in 2016 won't they (and Hancock but he doesn't need the qualifiers).

As for GB, hopefully we'll send Harris, Lambert, Cook, Garrity and Newman.

I see. I was unaware that the various federations actually requested positions. Still i think the Czech and Slovene are lucky to get as many places as they did. If the US are serious about the future of their speedway they should start getting their riders involved. Surely Manzares and Ruml are equal to number 3 and 4 in Slovenia. When Hancock goes, US speedway will be lost.

hopefully Lambert will attempt to qualify in 2016, and be given one of the UK slots (for the KL round would be the obvious choice). Is the first round before or after the British final? If prior, then I assume Harris, Cook and Lambert would take three slots, on merit Kennett and King would seem next in line, though tbh I'd rather see those go to say Garrity and Newman/Howarth.

Would add that I really think it would make sense to go back to a regionalised quailfying, an Overseas final, a Nordic final and two contienental semi finals, with an inter-continental final and continental final as the penultimate round. Think all meetings would be pretty evenly balanced in terms of difficulty, and wouldn't materially alter the representation each nation has.

Not necessary. The current system provides more opportunity for weaker federations to put their riders forward, and i this is important for the growth and support of speedway internationally.

The Overseas final would be for riders not from mainland Europe. GB, Aust. US, NZ, and Argentina. We could fill the 16 positions, however the two continental rounds would not give the same opportunity to riders from nations like Hungary, Holland and France for example.

Just my opinion but i think the four generic rounds work well.

I see. I was unaware that the various federations actually requested positions. Still i think the Czech and Slovene are lucky to get as many places as they did. If the US are serious about the future of their speedway they should start getting their riders involved. Surely Manzares and Ruml are equal to number 3 and 4 in Slovenia. When Hancock goes, US speedway will be lost.

Not necessary. The current system provides more opportunity for weaker federations to put their riders forward, and i this is important for the growth and support of speedway internationally.

The Overseas final would be for riders not from mainland Europe. GB, Aust. US, NZ, and Argentina. We could fill the 16 positions, however the two continental rounds would not give the same opportunity to riders from nations like Hungary, Holland and France for example.

Just my opinion but i think the four generic rounds work well.

You're contracting yourself a bit there Ozrik.

You say there should be more places for the USA. Well, at the moment there are 13 places for nations who would be in the overseas final (5xGB, 5xAU,1 each for US, NZ and Argentina) - if you had an overseas final you'd likely add an extra place each for GB, AU and US.

The nordic final (if you include Latvia) would need no change to the 16 spots currently allocated places.

To make up for the three places you give to the overseas final, you would take away 2 spots from the Czechs and one from Slovenia, which you also advocated. No impact on Hungary or Holland or France or any other "minor" nation (though tbh I would give two extra places to Poland, and take another place of Szech and one off Germany).

• Like 1

Yes Waiheke, we are almost there in any case. They could do four regional rounds almost from the rider mix they have now. Including Latvia (or other Baltic States in the Nordic round is spot on), but i still like the current system.

Important thing is either qualification route does give an opportunity for the three best riders to progress to the gp rounds. Maybe they should make it four qualifying riders, like some people say.

Edited by Ozrik

Calendar:

07.05 - Round 1 - Kings Lynn (GB)

07.05 - Round 2 - Munkebo (DK)

07.05 - Round 3 - Terenzano (IT)

16.05 - Round 4 - Abensberg (DE)

28.05 - Race-off 1 - Gorican (HR)

02.07 - Race-off 2 - Lonigo (IT)

03.09 - Challenge - Vetlanda (SE)

Allocations:

Kings Lynn: 2x GB, 1x US, 1x AR, 2x DK, 2x FR, 1x BE, 2x AU, 1x NZ, 1x PL, 1x FI, 2x SE.

Munkebo: 2x CZ, 1x GB, 2x DK, 1x UA, 2x LV, 2x AU, 1x RU, 1x NO, 1x PL, 1x SK, 2x SE.

Terenzano: 1x CZ, 1x GB, 2x SI, 2x DE, 1x DK, 2x IT, 1x UA, 1x HR, 1x HU, 2x PL, 2x SE.

Abensberg: 2x CZ, 1x GB, 1x SI, 2x DE, 1x DK, 1x FR, 1x IT, 1x LV, 1x AU, 1x HU, 1x RU, 1x AT, 2x PL.

Scratching my head re qualifiers, wild cards should be forgotten. You can't alter too much in one season but over 2, what about this.

2017 GP's

Tai, Greg and Nicki get in as top 3 from 2015. So 13 more required.

Early in 2016, National Champions should have their own qualifying meeting. It is the world championships, so ALL national champions should be involved.

Janiro USA, Iversen DK, Bjerk NOR, Lindback SW, Doyle AUS, Janowski POL, Sargeant NZ, Milik CZ, Kudryaskov USSR, Pavlic CRO, Covatti IT, Lahti FIN, Puodzuks LAT, Zagar SLOVE, Burza SLOVA, Tressarieu FR, Wallner AU, Wolbert GER, Karpov UKR. There's 19, the top 3 get in.

That leaves 10 more required from qualifying meetings. NOT including those who have already had a qualifying chance.

10 riders from,

Holder, Kildeman, Jonsson, Jepson Jensen, Batchelor, Harris, Jonasson, Kasprzak, Hampel, Zmarslik, Przedepelski, Michelsen, Masters, 2 x Pawlicki's, Lindgren. 16 riders, top 10 over 2 qualifying meetings make the gp's.

Scratching my head re qualifiers, wild cards should be forgotten. You can't alter too much in one season but over 2, what about this.

2017 GP's

Tai, Greg and Nicki get in as top 3 from 2015. So 13 more required.

Early in 2016, National Champions should have their own qualifying meeting. It is the world championships, so ALL national champions should be involved.

Janiro USA, Iversen DK, Bjerk NOR, Lindback SW, Doyle AUS, Janowski POL, Sargeant NZ, Milik CZ, Kudryaskov USSR, Pavlic CRO, Covatti IT, Lahti FIN, Puodzuks LAT, Zagar SLOVE, Burza SLOVA, Tressarieu FR, Wallner AU, Wolbert GER, Karpov UKR. There's 19, the top 3 get in.

That leaves 10 more required from qualifying meetings. NOT including those who have already had a qualifying chance.

10 riders from,

Holder, Kildeman, Jonsson, Jepson Jensen, Batchelor, Harris, Jonasson, Kasprzak, Hampel, Zmarslik, Przedepelski, Michelsen, Masters, 2 x Pawlicki's, Lindgren. 16 riders, top 10 over 2 qualifying meetings make the gp's.

When you get another idea please put it in the waste bin. Billy Janeiro :lol::lol: James Sargeant is even funnier as GP ticket prices would have to be increased by £10 to pay for all the starting tapes.he breaks.

• Like 1

Bradley Wilson-Dean confirmed as the New Zealand nomination for the SGP Qualifiers.

He will take part in Qualifier 1 at King's Lynn scheduled for 07 May.

• Like 1

The Danish round will nw be held at Slangerup instead of Munkebo

SVEMO has relased which six riders that are nominated to represent Sweden in the GP Qualifiers:

Quali 1 Kings Lynn, GB

Fredrik Lindgren and Joonas Kylmäkorpi

Quali 2 Slangerup, DK

Linus Sundström and Thomas H. Jonasson

Quali 3 Terenzano, IT

Peter Ljung and Kim Nilsson

With Pontus Aspgren has the reserv

Source: http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Speedway/Nyheter/NomineringavforaretillVMochEMKvaliSpeedway2016/ (also contains the nominated riders for the Euro Championship)

Not 100% confirmed but I believe the Aussies have gone as follows;

Morris / Tungate - Slangerup

Masters / Kurtz - Kings Lynn

Fricke - Abensberg