British Speedway Forum
junior fan

National League Agm

Indeed, suggests to me some clubs were swayed more by the possibility of 1 or 2 extra nights of revenue and coverage than the fact they have made Eastbourne 2016 champions before it's even 2016...[/quote

Agree with some of the sentiments (apart from the obvious anti-Eastbourne stuff ). However, am trying to think of a Speedway league that doesn't have title decided by playoffs. For the record i'd have kept it same as last season.

National League AGM 2016

• Isle of Wight Warriors and Belle Vue Colts are accepted into a 12 team league, alongside the 10 from last season.

• The competing teams are Birmingham, Belle Vue, Buxton, Coventry, Cradley, East our elite, Kent, King's Lynn, Isle of Wight, Mildenhall, Rye House and Stoke.

• The points limit is increased to 40.00.

• The play-off return to decide the league championship and the top 4 teams will compete with the cut-off date being September 25th.

• The National Trophy has expanded to 6 teams and will feature 2 groups of 3. The North group is Birmingham, Buxton and Stoke, whilst the South group is Isle of Wight, Kent and Mildenhall. The winner of each group will meet in the final for the title.

• Tactical rides have been removed for all meetings.

• The NL Fours remains at Coventry and is on Sunday 14th August. This will featuring the top 7 teams and Coventry as hosts.

• The NL Pairs remains at King's Lynn and is likely to be in mid-summer with the date to be confirmed.

• The NLRC will be moving from Rye House, however it's still TBC where and when.

• League fixtures will be released in late January and the KOC draw before Christmas.

• In the event of a clash with a PL fixture and a rider missing, teams will have he choice of R/R or a guest.

Off the BSPA website: http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.29863

Just recovered from the shock. 40 points! Now I will sit back and see where all these extra higher point riders that were suggested are coming from.

Still believe some teams are going to be too far below the limit and uncompetitive.

So how come Eastbourne didn't win the Elite League very often if that's your argument? How about Lakeside and their 'trick track' ? And Rye House and their tight track?

Well we'll see who's Champions at the end of the season i'll have a £20

bet with you that Eastbourne will win the title after the play offs--if you want to take this up pm me and we will sort it no problem

Edited by Brummiestormer

Indeed, suggests to me some clubs were swayed more by the possibility of 1 or 2 extra nights of revenue and coverage than the fact they have made Eastbourne 2016 champions before it's even 2016...

I will be up to Perry Barr to collect the trophy tomorrow. 9:30 ok for you?

Consider it done Sir. Looks like an interesting season ahead whoever wins with 12 teams. Onwards an upwards for the National League.

• Like 1

Well we'll see who's Champions at the end of the season i'll have a £20

bet with you that Eastbourne will win the title after the play offs--if you want to take this up pm me and we will sort it no problem

Well I am not so sure you are right, Brum will have the best 2 reserves on paper, that 40 point limit will mean you can have Tom, Zach, and still leaves you with 16 points for the other 3, personally I would go for another 3 pointer, and use the 13 points for two progressive second strings.

I don't know why the tactical rides have been done away with, but seems a pretty sensible agm all told, Great to see The Islanders and Colts back in the NL, except for reinstating Play Offs, never agreed with them, and never will.

Edited by greyhoundp

Apart from the unwanted play offs,it should be a cracking season with plenty of highly competitive riders involved many of whom will be confident now that they are going to have somewhere to actually ride

So how come Eastbourne didn't win the Elite League very often if that's your argument? How about Lakeside and their 'trick track' ? And Rye House and their tight track?

Different standard of rider is the simple answer to that. And Eastie's inability to compete with the moneybags teams.

• Like 1

We'll see. Always interesting when other teams get their excuses in early. There are loads of quirky or difficult tracks out there - Rye House, Kent and Mildenhall are small, IOW and Kings Lynn are big by British standards. Easbourne happened to have a very good team last season otherwise they'd have been tonked away every time.

• Like 1

We'll see. Always interesting when other teams get their excuses in early. There are loads of quirky or difficult tracks out there - Rye House, Kent and Mildenhall are small, IOW and Kings Lynn are big by British standards. Easbourne happened to have a very good team last season otherwise they'd have been tonked away every time.

Isn't that the point of having a good team because if you have a bad one of course you will get thrashed every time!

anybody see the N.L.R.C. going anywhere other than kent?

Kent may not be the best place for a meeting that often has multiple re-runs and tends to over run