British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Swindon Robin's V Coventry Bees 31st March

Shows how ridiculous the draft lists are when we can replace Bates with Ellis.

• Like 2

Andersen is a good guest. He isn't going to weaken the Bees that much, although, it is kinda funny that some people's faith in KK has been restored. If it was the KK of 5/6 years ago that regularly beat Sir Leigh then I could maybe understand those comments, but it's not, so given that Andersen has generally been excellent at The Abbey in the last 3 years I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Ellis looked tidy last season and caused us problems so, I would say that this is another decent guest replacing someone who has little experience of Blunsdon.

As for King, he just flatters to deceive and is generally rubbish at Swindon. I think, he had a decent meeting last year but he isn't one I am too worried about.

51-39 to the home team.

Andersen had a full season to prove us wrong and failed !!

Yeah well we all know how calculated that was...he's the only one who says he just had a bad year mechanically and form wise altho when guesting for Swindon did a good job...

• Like 2

Yeah well we all know how calculated that was...he's the only one who says he just had a bad year mechanically and form wise altho when guesting for Swindon did a good job...

I brought that up on another thread & was slaughtered by a couple of Poole fans although I think one was The South Coast lacky :D

A few heavy showers heading Swindons way from the Bristol Channel, get it called off now, don't forget the riders bikes and race suits are made of hi-tech sugar and don't respond too well to water....

• Like 1

I can understand some Coventry fans being slightly 'underwhelmed' at Hans guessting for them tomorrow night but he's claimed publicly that he likes the Blunsdon track and to be fair he performed very well last season when he appeared as guest at the Abbey, which I recall was on several occasions.

The thing is with Hans he is a bit of diva and needs to feel loved - Rosco was always good at making him feel wanted when he was with the Robins. I've always felt with him that if something's not quite right he's prone to sulking and if he thinks people aren't behind him he'll just do what suits himself which I think may have been the case at Brandon last year.

Anyway, back to tomorrow night - I think he'll rack up a decent score for the Bees - I think its more of a question of how the other Coventry riders perform.

• Like 1

I can understand some Coventry fans being slightly 'underwhelmed' at Hans guessting for them tomorrow night but he's claimed publicly that he likes the Blunsdon track and to be fair he performed very well last season when he appeared as guest at the Abbey, which I recall was on several occasions.

Yes the thing is none of that had an effect on his average ready for Poole.

Dry cold and sunny forecast for this evening's special "Return to the Abbey" extravaganza, Hans will do well at his former club....50-42 to The Roobins.

Wrap up well up on The Hill tonight folks!

Edited by Downsman

Hansi will do all right, after all there's no need for average fixing now.

• Like 1

Hansi will do all right, after all there's no need for average fixing now.

True...after his initial good start i wonder if KK's scores will alarmingly drop due to 'mechanical issues'...

• Like 1

The big test for KK will come when the Polish league starts.

• Like 1