British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

Belle Vue Vs King's Lynn May 2nd

They do get postponed but the weather has to be really bad. Generally it's based on how it may affect attendances rather than participant health and safety.

Small oval car racing is bound by Health & Safety as much as any other motor sport. It's a legal requirement. But I agree with you Danny Smith that the weather has to be really bad to force a postponement. Aside from Belle Vue running as usual today while their speedway neighbours have another postponement. I have been to winter car racing at Wimbledon when there has been snow - NO ICE though - on the track.

Small oval car racing is bound by Health & Safety as much as any other motor sport. It's a legal requirement. But I agree with you Danny Smith that the weather has to be really bad to force a postponement. Aside from Belle Vue running as usual today while their speedway neighbours have another postponement. I have been to winter car racing at Wimbledon when there has been snow - NO ICE though - on the track.

why not go and pollute post on the stock car forums then and give speedway fans a bit of peace

• Like 2

why not go and pollute post on the stock car forums then and give speedway fans a bit of peace

I think it's fair to make the comparison as to how the weather affects weather conditions in regard to speedway at the NSS and stock cars at neighbouring Belle Vue when, on the same day, the bikes are called off and the cars at Belle Vue are unaffected. And Star Lady I do visit stock car forums as well when needed - and get criticised (but nicely...unlike one speedway website!!) for being too pro-speedway! :lol:

Edited by Guest

Do stock car racing meetings get postponed in wet weather as much as speedway, if at all? I dont know, I dont follow stock cars - boring.

If SCR does not get postponed as much maybe its as much to do with the fact speedway is on 2 wheels, and stock cars crash a bit anyway so whats the difference.

Think you'll find it's because you can't fall off a car !!

• Like 1

If the speedway was still at Kirky Lane if would be off.

If the speedway was still at Kirky Lane if would be off.

They'd have also ran 3 or 4 other meetings by now though!

• Like 2

I think I'd rather have the new stadium and see those meetings when they are rearranged.

Getting more then a bit boring now, we all know things haven't started right at the new stadium, but some are more looking at the future instead of harping on about the past which no one can do anything about.

• Like 1

Clubs seem "scared" to run with even the slightest threat form the weather gods these days.. I wonder if I would have fallen out with speedway in the 1970's with all this lack of effort to run meetings....? I may have discovered something else to do with my pocket money and paper round money and odd job money? Skating? Glice skating, Cinema, football? LCFC used to play some Tuesday nights... You see the floodlights from the top of the grandstand and top steps from the terracing!!

It's not that clubs are scared to run it's that the bikes used today are unable to cope with anything less than near perfect conditions.

If we want to return to the days when riders could handle grippy tracks and wet tracks then bikes have to change. It's not as If we don't know the type of bikes needed but of course that is much simpler said than done.

• Like 1

Bikes need to change - yes please.

Lets go back to the uprights, 4 valve was ok, as was 2 valve

If we want to return to the days when riders could handle grippy tracks and wet tracks then bikes have to change.

Cobblers.............. "Professional" riders need to equip themselves with a different bike for those conditions (its not like they are not available!!)

You don't see (for example) a carpenter turn up to do a job with just one chisel (to head this one off please don't tell me speedway riders don't use chisels!!!!)................. tools for the job and all that ????????????

Ignoring the not needed abuse from you nw42, you may be pleased to know that "the folks next door" have confirmed today's stock car racing at Belle Vue will go ahead. They even carry a prediction on their website that a warm afternoon is forecast.

You just get worse, it's 12.30 just now, the speedway was due to start half an hour ago, I'm less than 20 miles from the track and rest assured it's tipping down.

The stock cars are due to start about 4pm I believe, the forecast is somewhat brighter but, as others have already said, what difference does a bit of rain make to stock cars other than in attendance figures?

It's no surprise to read that you also get grief on the stock car forum.

It was 100% the correct decision

It's been peeing it down since 11am and not stopped and still going strong now.

How gustix can compare stox to speedway is boring me. What an arsehole. Clearly Jelous.

Last time I called someone an arsehole I was banned. Oh gives 2 hoots. Ban me again cos gustix is an arsehole. I Ain't lieing.

• Like 1

If Belle Vue is getting what Oulton Park is then glad they made the early decision!