British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue Colts V Mildenhall 6 May 2016

I'm still buzzing from last night, brilliant meeting on a brilliant track in a brilliant stadium what more could one ask for, oh yes we got 1 more Dan Bewley a brilliant find.

Hyde rd has returned.

• Like 2

Sounds great. Looking forward to coming up this season.

A track record of 63 seconds on a Hyde Road "Mark 2" by a so-called junior shows the lad was flying. If this is what the NL can provide the people of Manchester, the sensible ones who watch speedway that is are in for a treat this year.

A track record of 63 seconds on a Hyde Road "Mark 2" by a so-called junior shows the lad was flying. If this is what the NL can provide the people of Manchester, the sensible ones who watch speedway that is are in for a treat this year.

What are the track dimensions please.

Junior

What are the track dimensions please.

Junior

347 metres

So glad you had a great meeting i am so pleased for Mort & co hopefully B/vue will become one of best tracks in s/way now all the teething problems are behind you .

347 metres

63 secs by a NL rider probably means about 60 for elite , on a 374 Meter track thats mighty fast

63 secs by a NL rider probably means about 60 for elite , on a 374 Meter track thats mighty fast

It's 347 meters mate

A very good meeting with some good racing, the pick for me being jon armstrong putting in a tremendous ride to pass the colts pair for the win, rob shuttleworth suffered some bad luck and rode far better than his total suggests, his e/f after a good manouvre from the back in his first ride being very harsh. Dan Bewley was superb, this lad is one of those natural born talents, the best debut by a kid ive seen since the days of collins and morton, massive way to go to match up to those two but dan appears to have everything to go very far. A mention for the tigers for taking the meeting at short notice, they have a couple of good lads so the colts had to work for the win, this meeting far exceeded what i was expecting for NL, looking forward to the next one. So onto the aces next week, swindon wont have a problem with coming here, this track lends itself to superb racing and i can see away riders looking forward to coming to manchester now instead of dreading it, a big chunk of home advantage gone but who cares about that if the racing is top class?

• Like 5

Excellent to read that the meeting was a success.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

It's 347 meters mate

yes 347 . still big and mighty fast

The width of the bends is one of the track's key attributes....

Riders are starting to slide as soon as they cross the finishing line so the straights are not too long in comparison to the track's overall size....

Given the room available into the entry to the bends, I can see many riders, when behind, taking the opportunity to stay longer in a straight line than the guy in front and blasting around the boards with more momentum and speed...

Jon Armstrong last night showed how it can be done on a slick track, more dirt (as will be created I am sure) and the racing could be superb..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Yes it looks like the sort of top grade fixture that befits a so-called National Speedway Stadium. :icon_smile_clown:

So we finally have the track sorted, from all accounts it is excellent, and this is your response?

C u next time.