British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Belle Vue Aces 23/5/16 Sky Meeting

Are you one of them?

No.

If you've got a smartphone just use the Fiveone app. Available in the Android play store and probably for Apple as well. It allows team and race changes, tactical ride, substitutions etc and automatically updates the individual score chart. You have to work out how to use it but just click/tap on riders names to make changes, similarly tap on pts in order of finishing in each race and it records the appropriate points scored, 3,2,1, 0.

I hope that information isn't for me. All sounds very clever but I'm still using a quill and blue ink to write the riders names down.

Track has more waves than the sea. Was dreadful when Coventry were there a few weeks ago.

There is obviously a serious issue with the track base which needs urgent remedial action before someone gets hurt.

Riders get hurt irrespective of what track they are on. Think about this when you hear of serious injuries. I.e Darcy, Kristian Rempala and hundreds more. And they do on dry tracks compared to wet ones. But yes the Poole track is bad going into 1st bend the riders take off.

Absolutely joke; ban Bjarne for a couple of meetings and fine him heavily!

....and no other riders do it do they! Wakey wakey from your dark world!

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates
  • Like 1

Respectful? Not my problem if they don't have Sky. As I said - if only on updates then I understand but if generally elsewhere - absolutely nothing wrong in discussing score!

I don't have Sky so I've enjoyed reading all the reports on the match. Just waiting for Starman's now.

And the poole fans go home crying

Actually I stayed and applauded the BV riders on the parade after. No crying here matey. We have had plenty of success and nobody wins forever, not even Poole. What makes me sad is all the sh#te posted on here from the same old wasters who love to hate Poole. Fair enough I say. But some people really need to grow up. It's worse than an EastEnders script. All your teams will win and lose, break the rules and everything else it's how sport works. It's got sod all to do with karma, what goes round comes round or any of that crap. It's about sport. You win, you lose. We all do. I personally have no gripe with any club winning at Poole as long as it's a fair win as the Aces proved tonight. I know I am banging my head against a load of thick supporters (sorry brick wall) but just felt like saying. Thank you and it's goodnight from him.

It's not the track its the bike's?

I think it's both. Bikes hit grip after spinning on nothing then they launch off. Seeing it all the time. In Poland too.

Its not mate. That wasn't a speedway track tonight. Dangerous dangerous dangerous.

It WAS a speedway track. Just not a good one. Check out the track conditions of some of the seriously injured on YouTube I think you'll find conditions were as good as they get. Bad track conditions rarely cause injuries. It's hitting grip, riders touching during overtaking manoeuvres, hitting fences/barriers, being hit by other riders and the like. It's the speed that causes bad injuries. And SPEEDway has gotten faster and is more dangerous on a dry track than a badly prepared or wet one. Doubt you will agree but riders are more cautious on poor tracks, thus less speed and overtaking. That's why it's called SPEEDway and not SLOWway.

I didn't see any bad injuries tonight on a poor track. But I saw 2 in Poland on Sunday on excellent tracks!

You give me 2 injuries on wet tracks and I will give you 20 on a dry track.

P.s. The Poole track is bad I agree. 😬 I'm sure I saw Davey Watt peeping up out of one of the ruts.!

• Like 6

A terrific meeting with lots of great racing. Thoroughlly enjoyed that. However as many have said the track steadily worsened and was terrible. Brilliant entertainment though and I'm glad Zagar was OK. Nicholls was immense.

I missed Middlo unfortunately as I watched the repeat. At the end of the day Craig Cook was probably the only Belle Vue rider who really didn't handle the track (not that I'm blaming anyone who couldn't). Holder sounds like he is genuinelly pissed off that Matt Ford isn't keeping his side of the bargain - I don't blame him because the track is beyond bad.

In the end it was total entertainment , a real thriller.

....and anyway, the EL is all getting rather curiously interesting isn't it. Makes a change! Bring it on I say. Wolves doing well (strangely). BV with a few home meetings in hand. No guarantees of wins there with no home advantage. The Dobins and Bees up and down. Lakeside getting stronger all the time with no slip ups at home yet. It's all to challenge for this year more so than ever so far. Even if the EL is a watered down half empty pint of stale milk!

Shiver me timbers, walk the plank and Up ye Pirates.

Well done to the Aces on their deserved win last night.

Disappointed with some of the performances from the Pirates. Clearly they weren't happy with track conditions and this was soon exploited by Belle Vue.

Having said that the track was the same for both sides and did produce some overtaking mainly from the Aces.

There appeared to be a problem on the fourth turn before regrading which caused both Bjarne and Hans to come down.

Poole will need to step up as they have not found any consistency yet with some tough encounters to come.

Sounds like Holders success in the GP's is affecting his mental attitude to riding in UK.Maybe he thinking more like Tai - its got to be right for the GP's. Maybe its what Zagar will have to do if he wants to become a serious challenger for a world championship. He shows occasions when he could challenge for world champion but is not consistent.

• Like 1

Was it really said that fans are not allowed to comment on a speedway forum during a match?

Was it really said that fans are not allowed to comment on a speedway forum during a match?

No - just not to give the scores (because of the updates site)

Back in the 'old days' when bandwidth was limited and the forum often went down on or around the 27th of the month the 'no discussion of matches in progress' rule was probably designed to drive discussion onto the wonderful updates forum and thus preserve bandwidth on here.

• Like 2